• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Babcock and now Bill Peters death watch

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it’s crossing over to other sports.

Ron Rivera just got fired.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the wrong thread...

Burrows was also loved by teammates. That is the biggest tell for me on what kind of person he is.

There were numerous articles after he went to Ottawa on how he helped young players as well.

And don’t take my word for it. Here’s Dale Weise

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a weird solution to the problem.

The NHL needs to set up a committee of 15 (4 ex players, 4 coaches, 4 Owners/CEO's and 3 law enforcement or "positions of power" fans of the game) to overhear everything and make future recommendations so this doesn't happen again.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this interesting

Should his current campaign of what he's trying to do and bring light to stop because of his past?

yeah, he's said that he feels massive guilt for the hazing and abuse he has dished out as he was an older player.

I think this is smart In a way. If you are upfront about things, the less mud hits your face.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Harold Druken jumping on the Crawford bus
Called him "the worst person I have ever met"

Crow with way too many newfie jokes

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Twatwaffle...

John Tortorella, his volatile, confrontational style, and...

Awesome headline to draw people in to pay up to read it, innit?

Well, Here's the gist:
- Cam Atkinson said he and torts don't always agree and he sometimes likes the banter/arguing. But he has never felt threatened.
- Dubinski said they've said shouting matches and butted heads but he has never seen anything he would consider abuse.
- Marc Denis disliked Torts personally but realized that all of their friction was based around his own play. It wasn't up to what Torts expected and he is not going to use a sour relationship with a coach as a crutch for his play.
- Derek Stepan said Torts was actually very positive and didn't play the mind games most coaches do.
- John Scott didn't like him, declined to be interviewed but was very clear that Torts never mistreated anyone. Just some guys didn't get along with him.
- Bobski said Torts was never abusive, just a hardass with high standards. And this is a guy Torts sent home from a road trip...
- Anthony Duclair was gushing about him.
- Jarmo said he is involved and he personally has a "zero tolerance" approach to anything even remotely like what's been alleged about others.

Fuck. You. Portzline.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Twatwaffle...

John Tortorella, his volatile, confrontational style, and...

Awesome headline to draw people in to pay up to read it, innit?

Well, Here's the gist:
- Cam Atkinson said he and torts don't always agree and he sometimes likes the banter/arguing. But he has never felt threatened.
- Dubinski said they've said shouting matches and butted heads but he has never seen anything he would consider abuse.
- Marc Denis disliked Torts personally but realized that all of their friction was based around his own play. It wasn't up to what Torts expected and he is not going to use a sour relationship with a coach as a crutch for his play.
- Derek Stepan said Torts was actually very positive and didn't play the mind games most coaches do.
- John Scott didn't like him, declined to be interviewed but was very clear that Torts never mistreated anyone. Just some guys didn't get along with him.
- Bobski said Torts was never abusive, just a hardass with high standards. And this is a guy Torts sent home from a road trip...
- Anthony Duclair was gushing about him.
- Jarmo said he is involved and he personally has a "zero tolerance" approach to anything even remotely like what's been alleged about others.

Fuck. You. Portzline.

I never really got an abusive vibe from Torts. Except towards the media and those whining superstars.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was thinking last night about the Zaitsev trade (request). I haven't seen him mentioned at all, do you think that the media is just already aware that his reasons didn't have anything to Babcock?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was thinking last night about the Zaitsev trade (request). I haven't seen him mentioned at all, do you think that the media is just already aware that his reasons didn't have anything to Babcock?
I think they all just assumed he was sick of being blamed for everything just because some old shitbag offered him way too many years on his contract and he was smart enough to say "Da!".

Certainly was never on Babs' shit list, that much is certain.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they all just assumed he was sick of being blamed for everything just because some old shitbag offered him way too many years on his contract and he was smart enough to say "Da!".

Certainly was never on Babs' shit list, that much is certain.

There was some talk that he was unhappy with how he was used, no?