• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Babcock and now Bill Peters death watch

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a pretty dog shit move to not tell your fans why their team’s coach, who has done a pretty decent job, is suddenly no longer employable. If what he did was so egregious he’s not entitled to keeping the matter private.

Ron Washington left the Texas Rangers under similar circumstances several years ago. Even now, no one knows the real reason why he left.

This happens all the time in the real world. As a Stars fan - I want to know just I want to know as a Rangers fan. But it is what it is. And one hung is certain - Monty is never coaching another team until the truth comes out. Wash sure as hell hasn’t managed a team since.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was impressed with Aliu's play in his brief tenure with the Flames, I thought he displayed some pretty soft hands to go along with his physical approach. Reading the above is pretty sickening, to be honest.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a pretty dog shit move to not tell your fans why their team’s coach, who has done a pretty decent job, is suddenly no longer employable. If what he did was so egregious he’s not entitled to keeping the matter private.
An employment attorney may differ with that statement.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless there are other, innocent, people who might be impacted by having that information out there.

If that's not the case then flame on!!

SolidKlutzyKarakul-size_restricted.gif

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The judges would have also accepted Kyle Wellwood.

He may have been pudgy but I don't think he had a blackface incident, did he? Young Bozak had two.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We looked where the team was and how it was playing,” Francis said. “It was moving in the right direction. We’d made a huge increase from where it was the year before to where we were that year. And quite honestly, we looked at that (physical-abuse) situation, we addressed it and we felt it was behind him.”

“We did our due diligence (before hiring Peters),” Francis said. “We talked to a lot of people, and there was nothing that popped up at that point.

“We took it (the player abuse) very seriously and addressed it.”

At the time, he said, players and coaches felt he’d handled things correctly and he never heard further complaints. Current Carolina coach Rod Brind’Amour, an assistant under Peters, confirmed as much to reporters two weeks ago.

NHL Seattle GM Ron Francis speaks for the first time since Bill Peters coaching abuse allegations

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks assistant coach Marc Crawford has been suspended until January 2, 2020 - A statement from Crow follows:

Thank you for the opportunity to share my comments. It was important for me to respect the process required by the Chicago Blackhawks and the ongoing, important discussions being had by players and the National Hockey League. This is why I am sharing my thoughts at this time.

Recently, allegations have resurfaced about my conduct earlier in my coaching career. Players like Sean Avery, Harold Druken, Patrick O'Sullivan and Brent Sopel have had the strength to publicly come forward and I am deeply sorry for hurting them. I offer my sincere apologies for my past behavior.

I got into coaching to help people, and to think that my actions in any way caused harm to even one player fills me with tremendous regret and disappointment in myself. I used unacceptable language and conduct toward players in hopes of motivating them, and, sometimes went too far. As I deeply regret this behavior, I have worked hard over the last decade to improve both myself and my coaching style.

I have made sincere efforts to address my inappropriate conduct with the individuals involved as well as the team at large. I have regularly engaged in counseling over the last decade where I have faced how traumatic my behavior was towards others. I learned new ways of expressing and managing my emotions. I take full responsibility for my actions. Moving forward, I will continue to improve myself, to listen to those that I may have hurt, and learn from their experiences. My goal is to approach all players, past and present, with empathy and understanding. My hope, as a coach and a person, is to create environments of dignity and respect.

I sincerely want to help make our game better for everyone. I want to encourage anyone who may have been impacted by me to reach out so that we may continue this dialogue. There is an important discussion happening in hockey right now. I am and will continue to be a part of the solution moving forward. These conversations will set the course for future generations. I commit to being sensitive to the process, and most of all, listening to individual perspectives and feelings.

RELEASE: Statements from Blackhawks, Assistant Coach Marc Crawford

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
bottom line, everyone agrees that Avery deserved to get kicked. (sorry about those other guys)
token suspension, then game on. I'm fine with that.

can't blacklist everyone who used to be an asshole, or you won't have anyone left.
times have changed, presumably minimal tolerance moving forward.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line, everyone agrees that Avery deserved to get kicked. (sorry about those other guys)
token suspension, then game on. I'm fine with that.

can't blacklist everyone who used to be an asshole, or you won't have anyone left.
times have changed, presumably minimal tolerance moving forward.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me - After some time (it could be 5-7 years down the road), I can even envision Bill Peters working again in the NHL (maybe not as a head coach, but as an associate coach). He will likely have to undergo some league mandated counselling/training etc. and will have to initiate his willingness to do so before the NHL would welcome him back, but I could see it happening.