• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Babcock and now Bill Peters death watch

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Yeah. That's some horrific shit. I know a kid who played in the W who was told the same thing. This kid was kind of a fighter but had pretty bad fractures in one of his hands. He was still pressured to "protect his teammates". He hasn't played in 4 years now and his hands (especially one of them) are pretty fucked up. He's 24 years old.
fortunately the WHL takes care of its alumni!
He has 6 months to enroll in post secondary and the WHL will pay for it.
take 8 months to decide or get accepted? that ship has sailed.

/how it used to be, not sure if updated.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand this line of thinking...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I can not think of a single moment in time where damien cox was not a complete and utter pretentious asshole.
How can you be wrong all the fucking time?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fallout continues and i probably mattolad

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fallout continues and i probably mattolad

I think it is very likely that an incident, or two, comes out from his time as an assistant with Ottawa. I've heard that he did some crazy shit as recently as then.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mdOPRVn.jpg

Last edited:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ From Avery's book before all this came out.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably get heat for this and admittedly I've never been a fan of Alex Burrows, but the timing of putting a guy who mocked players battling abuse (both alcohol as well as mental/physical abuse), bit an opposing player's finger and assaulted a goalie during a ball hockey game into the Canucks ring of hono(u)r tonight while the hockey culture is being put under the microscope and examined is very interesting, to say the least.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this interesting

Should his current campaign of what he's trying to do and bring light to stop because of his past?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'll probably get heat for this and admittedly I've never been a fan of Alex Burrows, but the timing of putting a guy who mocked players battling abuse (both alcohol as well as mental/physical abuse), bit an opposing player's finger and assaulted a goalie during a ball hockey game into the Canucks ring of hono(u)r tonight while the hockey culture is being put under the microscope and examined is very interesting, to say the least.
yes you will get heat for it.

Every single agitator went after whatever was available. every single one. Now, there are lines. even 10 years ago, there weren't.
Give Burrows credit for changing from a pure little asshole to a valuable top line hockey player who largely eliminated that side of his game
Give him credit for bringing PIMs down from 150+ per year to about 50
Give him credit for scratching and clawing his way from am undrafted ECHL player to score over 200 goals in the NHL, and get voted as the team's most exciting player three years in a row
Give him credit for taking a significantly under-market contract as a 25 goal scorer so the team could afford to go for it, and later for waiving his no trade to help the Canucks rebuild
Give him credit for representing his country in ball hockey with two gold medals in the middle of trying to get to an NHL career (2005 international player of the year, Canada and International hall of fame inductions, and voted as Canada's best ball hockey player ever)
Hell, give him credit for standing his ground and speaking out against a corrupt official at a time no one else did.

Basically give him credit for doing what he needed to in order to get into the league, and then changing his game to be a star.

so yeah, I'd say your timing is a bit off.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Found this interesting

Should his current campaign of what he's trying to do and bring light to stop because of his past?
yeah, he's said that he feels massive guilt for the hazing and abuse he has dished out as he was an older player.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes you will get heat for it.

Every single agitator went after whatever was available. every single one. Now, there are lines. even 10 years ago, there weren't.
Give Burrows credit for changing from a pure little asshole to a valuable top line hockey player who largely eliminated that side of his game
Give him credit for bringing PIMs down from 150+ per year to about 50
Give him credit for scratching and clawing his way from am undrafted ECHL player to score over 200 goals in the NHL, and get voted as the team's most exciting player three years in a row
Give him credit for taking a significantly under-market contract as a 25 goal scorer so the team could afford to go for it, and later for waiving his no trade to help the Canucks rebuild
Give him credit for representing his country in ball hockey with two gold medals in the middle of trying to get to an NHL career (2005 international player of the year, Canada and International hall of fame inductions, and voted as Canada's best ball hockey player ever)
Hell, give him credit for standing his ground and speaking out against a corrupt official at a time no one else did.

Basically give him credit for doing what he needed to in order to get into the league, and then changing his game to be a star.

so yeah, I'd say your timing is a bit off.

I get it, puck, he was a huge fan favourite in Vancouver and scored one of the biggest goals in Canucks history. His story of making it to the NHL when he was buried in the ECHL is pretty incredible. That said, there is more than one blemish in the NHL chronology of Alex Burrows that in my opinion makes it far from a slam dunk that he should be included in the ring of honour. Just a rival fan's opinion on the matter.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, puck, he was a huge fan favourite in Vancouver and scored one of the biggest goals in Canucks history. His story of making it to the NHL when he was buried in the ECHL is pretty incredible. That said, there is more than one blemish in the NHL chronology of Alex Burrows that in my opinion makes it far from a slam dunk that he should be included in the ring of honour. Just a rival fan's opinion on the matter.

I see it from your point dash but I think he overcame his past to be a better person and this is before all these movements came about.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it from your point dash but I think he overcame his past to be a better person and this is before all these movements came about.

That's fair Matty and I'm pretty sure Burrows regrets some of the on-ice decisions in his past.

/Now, let's get Kesler in the Canucks ring of honour.

:behindsofa:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair Matty and I'm pretty sure Burrows regrets some of the on-ice decisions in his past.

/Now, let's get Kesler in the Canucks ring of honour.

:behindsofa:

And Messier.

tenor.gif

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Assaulted a goalie during a ball hockey game” to say he’s a dishonourable guy is a real humdinger for me lmao