• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Might as well continue to take a chance.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the team made the best decision, but I understand why it was made. They need a DE and I simply think that they fell in love with the while they had an opportunity to see him up close. They know he's raw, but they're simply taking a chance on what "could be", teaming him up with Suh and company. I personally thought Milliner should've been the pick but oh well...

I like some of the CB's that are there but not sure if they're that much better than what will be there in the third. Being that the Lions already took a huge risk, they might as well follow suit in the second-do something crazy. I see Justin Hunter, Cyprien and Teo that may be available for the Lions. All three may fit the team's BPA approach.

Lions have a history of taking Wrs early and they did bring Hunter in for a visit. He might be exactly what the team needs for a #2 guy. He has great size. With Delmas always being injured, I wouldn't hesitate to add another safety. Cyprien could add an interesting element to the Lions secondary and depth would be strong.

Most Lions fans would turn thier nose up at the idea of adding Teo, including me, but I think the situation is a decent one if the Lions did something like that. I'm not sure how they would have the lineup but he could probably excell behind that dline and a pair of good safeties.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points all around.

I wouldn't be thrilled about another WR, but a 6'4" guy with 4.4 speed opposite Megatron would make like hell for opposing defenses.

Cyprien would be good too, because Quinn can drop into the slot in the nickel or zone. Also, like you said, Delmas gets hurt a lot.

Te'o, I'm not so excited about...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be thrilled about another WR, but a 6'4" guy with 4.4 speed opposite Megatron would make like hell for opposing defenses.

Cyprien would be good too, because Quinn can drop into the slot in the nickel or zone. Also, like you said, Delmas gets hurt a lot.

Te'o, I'm not so excited about...

I see others are having the same thought as I with the Justin Hunter pick. I agree with all of the points made in this thread, but also agree with TP that I don't think Te'o is someone the Lions need right now. Then again -- I know the Lions don't draft for need, so Te'o is definitely an option.

IMO -- if we hadn't signed Delmas and Quin -- I'd take Cyprien in a heartbeat. Not sure the Lions can afford to draft a backup in the 2nd round with all the 1st round talent still on the board. Though the injury talk is definitely a concern, but Detroit has Carey and Speivey already as backups at Safety.

It is crazy how all of us follow the Lions so closely and none of us really have a clue what the Lions will do in the 2nd round. LOL.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions need some more fiery guys with leadership and that's why I mention Teo. I think he may play very hard, being that he will have something to prove. I just never thought he should go too early. Top of the second seems fine.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MikeD,

I agree with you, but if you can't come up with a CB that is better than what you have and you ha ve an opportunity to take an "extra" safety that will allow your defense some flexibility and add great depth, why not? Like TP said about Quin, he can slide inside in certain situations.

Lions need something at LB imo. I'm not a huge fan of what they have. Lol

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cyprien would still see the field plenty because of Quin's versatility.

That being said, I'd take Slay, Taylor or Alford first if we were looking to go secondary with the pick.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack Ertz?

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The less of Speivey we have to see, the better haha. But as stated before, If Cyprien is taken quin can move down into the nickel, which will ease the pain for alot of you guys whining about not having a secondary. However, as much as i hate to say it, Justin Hunter seems ideal, being 6'4'' and running a 4.44 40. I know we've taken alot of receivers high recently, but this is a different type of reciever. Broyles is more built to be a slot receiver with his hieght. Titus was drafted to be a deep threat, but he was 5'10'' (ran the same 40 as hunter)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll back you up on Hunter. WR yet again in the 2nd would be crazy, but Hunter profiles as a legit #1 WR. Playing him across from CJ would give us huge match-up advantages against smaller DBs...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board with Hunter. I like the situation he brings.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter really does set all the skill positions on offense for years. I would still like a runblocking G to make Leshoure a better threat.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of big uglies left still. If we can get Brian Schwenke in the 3rd the combination of he and Nagy at center and RG will be a big upgrade over Raiola and Peterman last season.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MikeD,
I agree with you, but if you can't come up with a CB that is better than what you have and you ha ve an opportunity to take an "extra" safety that will allow your defense some flexibility and add great depth, why not? Like TP said about Quin, he can slide inside in certain situations.

Lions need something at LB imo. I'm not a huge fan of what they have. Lol

I agree, if there isn't a better CB than what they have, they should pass on that position. According the NFL combine site -- all of these CBs are still available and graded out higher than Dwight Bentley last year:

Jamar Taylor
Johnathon Banks
Robert Alford
Leon McFadden
Blidi Wreh-Wilson
David Amerson
Jordan Poyer
B.W. Webb
Tyrann Mathieu

Now this doesn't mean that the Lions have them graded higher, so not sure which guys they would be considering, if any. But it seems they have alot of choices at CB on the board that would be considered better than what they have right now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said -- I still think the Lions continue the disturbing trend and draft a WR in the 2nd round.

I actually wouldn't be suprised to see the Lions use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a TE to spread the field. Zach Ertz or Travis Kelce will both be very good TE's in the NFL.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce in the 3rd would be fine by me...

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No one is mentioning Arthur Brown. Maybe that's not surprising since he's undersized. But let me tell you something. Brown is going to be a heck of a LB for some team. He will play with a chip on his shoulder like he's done his whole life. Just like Ziggy, he has great instinct and feel for the game. He is a precision tackler, and what I mean by that is he doesn't try to blow guys up. He's textbook. He simply gets guys down. And that's what the Lions need in a LB. Our tackling suchs. Brown is also versatile. He could play any LB position.

However, I also like Jamar Taylor if we want a CB. He's the only one worthy of taking with our next pick. After him I'd prefer we wait on a CB.

Worford would also be a nice pick to bolster our interior line.

If we do go WR (please don't) but if we do, I will say that Justin Hunter is going to be a star in the NFL. If there was ever a WR to draft in the 2nd round it's Hunter. Not the biggest need, but I would at least be able to appreciate the upside. No one would be able to stop our offense.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arthur Brown is still out there.

I am not crazy about what we have at LB, but it sounds like Shwartz and company are looking at O-Line. Both need addressing and i am not sure what is left in FA that we can afford.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown isn't undersized- he's 6'0" and 240 lbs.

That's right where an OLB should be, imo.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arthur Brown is still out there.

I am not crazy about what we have at LB, but it sounds like Shwartz and company are looking at O-Line. Both need addressing and i am not sure what is left in FA that we can afford.

I'd be pleased with Sio Moore in the 4th if he's still around.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, forgot we pick at the bottom of the 4th rather than the top. He'll likely be gone.