• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan State is getting robbed

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love how rankings are still the only argument you ever use, and you are constantly changing the parameters. Is it ranked when they played? Ranking now? Quit pimping Georgia and A&M they were just OK this year. Seems pretty clear that you spentall summer jerking off to the preseason rankings.

the more data you have, the better the rankings are. they are never perfect, but obviously rankings at week 15 are better than at week 10, than at week 6, than at week 2.

i've never waivered from that viewpoint. If I did, I would get to credit Auburn's win over Ole Miss as a "ranked" win. But Bo Wallace shat himself against Mississippi State, so they are nowhere to be found.

And you are right, Georgia & A&M were just okay this year. Kinda like Wisconsin.

But just for what its worth, Georgia has twice as many wins over ranked teams as any team in the Big 10.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But just for what its worth, Georgia has twice as many wins over ranked teams as any team in the Big 10.
2 wins vs. 1 win is technically twice as many, let's not pretend that's a hugely significant difference.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[quotesakau2007;4149905]the more data you have, the better the rankings are. they are never perfect, but obviously rankings at week 15 are better than at week 10, than at week 6, than at week 2.

i've never waivered from that viewpoint. If I did, I would get to credit Auburn's win over Ole Miss as a "ranked" win. But Bo Wallace shat himself against Mississippi State, so they are nowhere to be found.

And you are right, Georgia & A&M were just okay this year. Kinda like Wisconsin.

But just for what its worth, Georgia has twice as many wins over ranked teams as any team in the Big 10.[/quote]

That OK Wisconsin team is favored against a #9 ranked SEC team. Obviously those rankings mean a lot...

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That OK Wisconsin team is favored against a #9 ranked SEC team. Obviously those rankings mean a lot...

cool. the SEC is favored in more bowl games than the big 10 will be participating in.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, rankings don't matter, who is favored doesn't matter. All that matters is results. And it has been a while since the Big Ten, as a conference, has done that.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool. the SEC is favored in more bowl games than the big 10 will be participating in.
its tough when most of the conf. plays each other so there are more losses. It nice in a conf like the SEC when you do not have to play the best in that conf. and you make up for that by playing FCS teams. Good job.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU had a great season and if i was a fan of theirs i would be happy that they are going to the Rose Bowl. I just dont think the Spartans could handle Auburn. FSU maybe.. Good luck in the Rose Bowl State. Thanks again for taking the suckeyes out...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU had a great season and if i was a fan of theirs i would be happy that they are going to the Rose Bowl. I just dont think the Spartans could handle Auburn. FSU maybe.. Good luck in the Rose Bowl State. Thanks again for taking the suckeyes out...

I would say Auburn would be easier to take down than FSU. Auburn has the worse defense and has a very one dimensional offense that is Michigan State's strength on defense. FSU is a little more diversified on offense and a much stronger defense.

Again, Michigan State is not being robbed, Auburn has the stronger resume and the loss is a better one as well. Both teams are where they should be. But I believe that Michigan State would beat Auburn.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think MSU would do better against Auburn than FSU... MSU's strength is tackling in space (see what they did to tOSU) so you wouldn't see Auburn getting as many yards after contact as they did against Mizzou...

That said, Auburn would still probably put up about 30 points... Not sure if MSU would be able to score enough...

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Auburn would be easier to take down than FSU. Auburn has the worse defense and has a very one dimensional offense that is Michigan State's strength on defense. FSU is a little more diversified on offense and a much stronger defense.

Again, Michigan State is not being robbed, Auburn has the stronger resume and the loss is a better one as well. Both teams are where they should be. But I believe that Michigan State would beat Auburn.

Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Georgia
Alabama
Missouri

Thought they could beat us also and many of them were favored but they didn't.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Georgia
Alabama
Missouri

Thought they could beat us also and many of them were favored but they didn't.

Very true, but at the same time Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State all thought they were going to beat us and many of them were favored but they didn't. I think it would be a good game with the winner by one 7 points or less on either side. I think it would be a much closer game than MSU vs FSU would be or what Auburn vs FSU is going to be.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, but at the same time Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State all thought they were going to beat us and many of them were favored but they didn't. I think it would be a good game with the winner by one 7 points or less on either side. I think it would be a much closer game than MSU vs FSU would be or what Auburn vs FSU is going to be.
I have to say I love everyone is writing Auburn off as going to get killed by FSU I hope their players start believing that also. Trust me we aren't last year's ND we can play some ball and give FSU a game.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we really need is a thread hating on the SEC and explaining why they don't deserve BCS bowls and NCG's. I rarely see anything like that, anywhere.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we really need is a thread hating on the SEC and explaining why they don't deserve BCS bowls and NCG's. I rarely see anything like that, anywhere.

He's a fan of an UNC team. They are kind of new to this whole "national spotlight" thing and are trying to get some of that light missing FSU. Cut him a little slack.

ACC
ACC
ACC

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its tough when most of the conf. plays each other so there are more losses. It nice in a conf like the SEC when you do not have to play the best in that conf. and you make up for that by playing FCS teams. Good job.

Of the 7 best teams in the SEC, Auburn is one of them and played 5 of the other 6.

:scratch:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC bias once again gives SEC a chance to win another NC.
There's no arguing against it. It is obvious.

They put rematch SEC games in to the NCG.
They put 2-loss SEC teams into the NCG.
They put 1-loss SEC teams into the NCG over other 1-loss teams.

It's ridiculous, and anyone other than an SEC sycophant sees it is obvious.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC bias once again gives SEC a chance to win another NC.
There's no arguing against it. It is obvious.

They put rematch SEC games in to the NCG.
They put 2-loss SEC teams into the NCG.
They put 1-loss SEC teams into the NCG over other 1-loss teams.

It's ridiculous, and anyone other than an SEC sycophant sees it is obvious.

1) Obviously the 2 best teams in 2011.
2) And they were decisively better than an Ohio State team that made the NCG. Anyone outraged they made it? Who do you think should have been in the game instead? 2 loss Virginia Tech? 1 loss Kansas that shouldn't have even been in the Orange bowl over Missouri? 2 loss Oklahoma? 2 loss Georgia who didn't play for the SEC title? Can't wait to hear your answer here.
3) Yeah... it is ridiculous that 1 loss Auburn is in over a 1 loss Michigan State, with only 4x as many wins over ranked teams as Michigan State... and a loss to #16 as opposed to #26. Pretty amazing that if Rice had lost to Michigan State instead of Texas A&M, Rice would be their 2nd best win.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) And they were decisively better than an Ohio State team that made the NCG. Anyone outraged they made it? Who do you think should have been in the game instead? 2 loss Virginia Tech? 1 loss Kansas that shouldn't have even been in the Orange bowl over Missouri? 2 loss Oklahoma? 2 loss Georgia who didn't play for the SEC title? Can't wait to hear your answer here.
3) Yeah... it is ridiculous that 1 loss Auburn is in over a 1 loss Michigan State, with only 4x as many wins over ranked teams as Michigan State... and a loss to #16 as opposed to #26. Pretty amazing that if Rice had lost to Michigan State instead of Texas A&M, Rice would be their 2nd best win.

Except if Rice were in the Big10 they would have a lot more losses. Isn't that what was always said to Boise st, TCU, and Utah. TCU and Utah have not looked so good in a major conference. Or are you arguing that for most of the last decade Boise St would be in the top 3 to 4 of the SEC?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except if Rice were in the Big10 they would have a lot more losses. Isn't that what was always said to Boise st, TCU, and Utah. TCU and Utah have not looked so good in a major conference. Or are you arguing that for most of the last decade Boise St would be in the top 3 to 4 of the SEC?

maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. when boise state was in their prime and putting together undefeated seasons and beating 1 or 2 ranked teams along the way, they probably would have fallen as the 3rd or 4th best SEC team (i'd have to look at the specific years they did it, but that seems fair).

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is the handed-out-like-candy rankings I'm debating, dunce. You answering with 'rankings' makes you look like someone with an SEC ejukashun... oh... wait...

Claim: "The rankings are biased"
Rebuttal: "But we beat better ranked teams"
:wtf2:
Dunce.