• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan State is getting robbed

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think MSU could beat Auburn. But Auburn should be the favorite.

The SEC played the best football so strength of schedule inside conference means a lot! I am a B1G fan and what is the best OCC victory for the entire conference? UofM vs Notre Dame?

If the B1G represents in the bowl season I will change my mind but as of today Auburn should be ranked higher.

No screw job here just move along, nothing to see.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU's loss was not worse than Auburn's. Auburn was never in that game. Auburn has beaten better teams though. That can't be reasonably argued. Any speculation about how Auburn would have done with MSU's schedule or vice versa is just guessing. As an MSU fan I have no problem with the situation. I'm a playoff guy.. at least 8 teams. Let em pick whomever they want for their mythical national championship until then.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made my argument in a nutshell. Thank you. Auburn should be a 2 loss team if were not for that lucky fluke catch at the end of the game.

Michigan State had no wins on fluke plays. They won 12 games decisively. Auburn most certainly cannot say that.

But do the pollsters take things like that into consideration? Not on your life. This is the great SEC we are talking about here. :L

not so fast

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 point runs twice. Don't forget that...

Still doesn't mean they curb stomped OSU. They torched the secondary, a high school could (which desperately needs to get fixed before OSU contends for a title).

But the bottomline MSU out coached, played better D and made the throws when they had to. But curb-stomped...nah

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at no point did auburn go from unranked to 11th in one week.

From the ESPN poll tracker (which might be wrong but it seems legit):

October 13, 2013
Auburn was unranked in the "also receiving votes". (effectively #28 behind unranked #27 MSU)
They won a 4 point game over (8-4) mediocre Texas A&M.
Michigan State wins by 14 over an admittedly putrid bad Purdue team.

October 20, 2013
Auburn is now ranked #11 by virtue of beating a 7th place SEC team by 4 points.
Michigan State actually falls two slots to #29 with their 14 point win.

Does that seem a little bit unfairly biased towards one league and anti another league?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll thread too bad Geneh can't use his alter ego Chik FL A for this cause it's right up his alley. Auburn didn't get any sympathy in 2004 and don't expect support now. We are in the game if you don't like it too bad but keep the bitching up that is all I want Auburn players to hear is how they don't belong. Oh and do me a favor and keep pumping that Sunshine up FSU's ass as well.

ACC guy knocking the SEC too funny.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, here we go again with this "THE SEC TEAMS ARE ALL GREAT!" crap. Give it up, will you? You had 3 really good teams in the SEC. That's it. And you lost to a team that wasn't that good, nearly lost to another one that was mediocre except for a miracle play. I'd take MSU's clean wins over that any day.

that mediocre team that you are referencing (that auburn won) has beaten as many ranked teams as michigan state and ohio state combined.

you go ahead and think their "clean wins" over purdue, nebraska, or illinois is more impressive than beating alabama, missouri, tedas a&m on the road or even georgia. nobody really agrees with you.

the pollsters don't. and if you think they are biased, you probably also think the computers are. every computer has auburn at least 2 spots above michigan state. the computers feel 2 loss stanford is better than 1 loss michigan state. as does the betting public.

michigan state should just be happy they only played 1 top 25 team this year. otherwise they'd probably have a record similar to that of georgia or texas a&m... teams that played multiple top 10 teams.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that mediocre team that you are referencing (that auburn won) has beaten as many ranked teams as michigan state and ohio state combined.

you go ahead and think their "clean wins" over purdue, nebraska, or illinois is more impressive than beating alabama, missouri, tedas a&m on the road or even georgia. nobody really agrees with you.

the pollsters don't. and if you think they are biased, you probably also think the computers are. every computer has auburn at least 2 spots above michigan state. the computers feel 2 loss stanford is better than 1 loss michigan state. as does the betting public.

michigan state should just be happy they only played 1 top 25 team this year. otherwise they'd probably have a record similar to that of georgia or texas a&m... teams that played multiple top 10 teams.

You're welcome.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh tough to argue with quality of wins for Auburn ( even if some of them were flukey ) also Auburns loss is better than MSU's. Who would have thought in September that the straight screw jobs the refs did on the Spartans in the ND-MSU game would cost MSU a BCS title game chance??? Sad for MSU but it happens.

Oh brother. First off, want to point the finger at the refs, you do realize those were Big 10 refs right? They were out to "screw" one of their own? Second, its no secret, and Dantonio didn't really even try to make it much of a secret that they knew that Brian Kelly knew, that he couldn't run on MSU's defense and that he would chuck it all over the place. He also knew that Kelly would abandon the run in about .002 seconds anyway. So he told his DB's to press hard, which they did. It resulted in a lot of obvious PI calls that were called, some questionable PI calls that were called and some obvious PI calls that weren't called. In fact, there was one series where Dennard got flagged for a ticky tack PI call, and the next play, flat out mugged the receiver and didn't get flagged. Mayock was calling the game, who, as a former DB, always gives the benefit of the doubt to the secondary, commented that that play was an obvious foul (and was in the end zone too) whereas the one they called before was not. So bitch all you want about the calls, for every "bad" one that was made, there was an obvious one that was missed. Dantonio and Narduzzi gambled, and lost.

PS, as an Iowa fan, is this turning into Team Big 10? Its aggravating enough with the team SEC concept, you'd do well not to emulate that.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think MSU got screwed, but I do think they could give Auburn all they could handle. MSU defense is one of the best in the country. Offense has improved massively. Auburn doesnt have the great defense in the country. Auburn and OSU are quite similar. Great offenses that are rather 1 dimensional and mediocre defenses. There are 3-4 teams that could beat Auburn. I have no argument with them being in the game, but lets not act like they are a dominant team.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think MSU got screwed, but I do think they could give Auburn all they could handle. MSU defense is one of the best in the country. Offense has improved massively. Auburn doesnt have the great defense in the country. Auburn and OSU are quite similar. Great offenses that are rather 1 dimensional and mediocre defenses. There are 3-4 teams that could beat Auburn. I have no argument with them being in the game, but lets not act like they are a dominant team.

I do find it amusing that the only person who is arguing that Michigan State should be in the National Title game is a UNC fan.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it amusing that the only person who is arguing that Michigan State should be in the National Title game is a UNC fan.
-
Yes, the title of the thread is ridiculous. You cam argue the MSU is better, but hard to say more deserving.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On October 13th, both AUBURN and MSU were unranked.

Auburn ekes out a win versus the meh (8-4) Aggies.

They skyrocket from unranked to #11 despite not having any resume wins at the time and a pretty sound defeat.

Meanwhile MSU shuts out Purdue and actually loses votes the same week.

That seems a little absurd.....

it was arguably the single biggest jump of the entire football season......by virtue of beating an 8-4 A&M team...

Auburn essentially got 17 spots of separation including leapfrogging Michigan State.

Auburn should thank TEXAS A&M for being so ridiculously over-rated at the time.

"Purdue is just as good as Texas A&M!"
--Texas fans

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that mediocre team that you are referencing (that auburn won) has beaten as many rankeSometimes s Michigan state and ohio state combined.

i love how rankings are still the only argument you ever use, and you are constantly changing the parameters. Is it ranked when they played? Ranking now? Quit pimping Georgia and A&M they were just OK this year. Seems pretty clear that you spentall summer jerking off to the preseason rankings.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be better teams but Auburn is the most deserving team to be in this game!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality Auburn is going to be in close games with most the top 20 teams. They have such a good offense you know they're going to score but you also know they're not going to stop anyone. Hate to agree with Gary Danielson, but he used a good analogy. Most their games are going to be like a great tennis match where the first one to break serve (show a little defense) is probably going to win. I don't see Auburn crushing any decent team but winning many of them.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality Auburn is going to be in close games with most the top 20 teams.

And some not even ranked. Like WSU.

I have no faith in Auburn being a great team. I think FSU is going to beat them silly.