• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan offered harbs 8 mill a year

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per nfl.com

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan fans seem to be putting all of their eggs in the Harbaugh basket. It sounds like they'd be seriously disappointed with any other choice. Michigan had better get it done.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan fans seem to be putting all of their eggs in the Harbaugh basket. It sounds like they'd be seriously disappointed with any other choice. Michigan had better get it done.

Michigan fans will not be making this hire. I don't believe that most of us actually think Harbaugh will be the guy. Michigan would also be pretty damn dumb not to try to get Harbaugh.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told the 49er fans that we'd throw in a future NFL QB in Devin Gardner, but they didn't take the bait.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan fans will not be making this hire. I don't believe that most of us actually think Harbaugh will be the guy. Michigan would also be pretty damn dumb not to try to get Harbaugh.

I know they won't. I'm just saying that a lot of those fans seem to be jumping on the Harbaugh bandwagon and that another hire might not be very well received.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they won't. I'm just saying that a lot of those fans seem to be jumping on the Harbaugh bandwagon and that another hire might not be very well received.

There's been a lot of crazy rumors about coaches going to AA and I'd probably prefer several of them over Jim. I love Jim, he's still my favorite Michigan QB and he's a great coach but after he alienates everyone around and bolts for the NFL in 3 years it won't be as good of a hire as it might seem right now.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been a lot of crazy rumors about coaches going to AA and I'd probably prefer several of them over Jim. I love Jim, he's still my favorite Michigan QB and he's a great coach but after he alienates everyone around and bolts for the NFL in 3 years it won't be as good of a hire as it might seem right now.

The last I heard before this latest round of rumors was that Michigan wasn't necessarily looking for a "Michigan guy" in their search for a new coach, but the conversation always seems to gravitate back to Harbaugh anyway. At this point, with all the talk about him leaving the Niners after the season one way or another, it seems like the logical fit for both sides would be to have him go to Michigan. I wouldn't worry too much about him wearing out his welcome in three years either. Even if he does, there's a decent chance he'll have turned the program around by then. He might be a jackass, but it's hard to argue with the results he gets.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have signed Bo Pelini.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whole lot different looking for a top notch coach after 3 years of a rebuilt team that is back to relevance than finding one now to sift through the dumpster fire for salvage. Harbs loves that shit. Most sane people don't.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's so damn competitive and the fact his Bro has a ring who he earned by beating him eats him up in side. He's gonna stay in the league.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 mill a year? wow, take the money and run.

Thing is he has 1 year left on his contract, my bet is he is traded by the 49ers then what? how can he get out of it? I really do not know how a coaches contract works. Heck i had even forgot Coaches could be traded until last season when it was brought up in the trade rumor of Harbaugh to Cleveland, That made me remember that Jon Gruden was traded to TB. ( boy he got sweet sweet revenge on that one )

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's so damn competitive and the fact his Bro has a ring who he earned by beating him eats him up in side. He's gonna stay in the league.

I don't know exactly how old he is, but I imagine he's young enough that he can spend a few years back at the college level, do well there and have his pick of NFL jobs when he wants to come back. If he's after a ring, his best chance to get one sooner rather than later is to take another job like he did with the 49ers where a lot of talent is in place, but underachieving. I don't think most of the jobs that will be available after this season meet that criteria. There'll be some vacancies with teams that are awful because they don't have a lot of talent, but getting those teams to a championship level would take longer.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last I heard before this latest round of rumors was that Michigan wasn't necessarily looking for a "Michigan guy" in their search for a new coach, but the conversation always seems to gravitate back to Harbaugh anyway. At this point, with all the talk about him leaving the Niners after the season one way or another, it seems like the logical fit for both sides would be to have him go to Michigan. I wouldn't worry too much about him wearing out his welcome in three years either. Even if he does, there's a decent chance he'll have turned the program around by then. He might be a jackass, but it's hard to argue with the results he gets.

Basically they were saying that they wanted to dump the term Michigan Man because you can become that, you don't have to be that. Last time they focused on Hoke because Harbaugh wanted the NFL and Hoke had his history with the program. If Harbaugh turns them down, the next candidate probably won't have ties.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 mill a year? wow, take the money and run.

Thing is he has 1 year left on his contract, my bet is he is traded by the 49ers then what? how can he get out of it? I really do not know how a coaches contract works. Heck i had even forgot Coaches could be traded until last season when it was brought up in the trade rumor of Harbaugh to Cleveland, That made me remember that Jon Gruden was traded to TB. ( boy he got sweet sweet revenge on that one )

In 2004 Nick Saban was hired to coach the Miami Dolphins. After 2 dismal seasons he walked away from that commitment to become HC at Alabama.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 8 million a year, perhaps Harbaugh takes it while waiting for the right opening in the NFL, one where he has more say in the front office and with the right organization.