• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Sam Documentary

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 15m
THIS JUST IN: Michael Sam's documentary series with Oprah Winfrey's network has been postponed following discussions with Rams.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, watching the Cardinals pre game show right now and Rick Ankiel is talking about the book he's writing. He said he had numerous book offers to write his story as a player and even a movie offer but didn't take them because he thought it would be a distraction. Post retirement however it wouldn't be a distraction for his himself or his team and he could really put himself into it and help people which is why he's doing it now. I thought that was a response from a guy who gets sports better because he wanted to tell his story but not at the detriment of his game or his team.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if we just can be selected for Hard Knocks! Remember, it's on cable.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oprah is everywhere!

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brief story from Jim Thomas at STL Today.

"Reports to the contrary, the NFL said it was not aware an agreement existed between Michael Sam and the Oprah Winfrey Network for a docu-series before Sam was drafted by the St. Louis Rams.

"We learned of this in the days after the draft," NFL vice president of communications Brian McCarthy said Friday via e-mail. "As to having signed off on the project or granting rights or logos. . . .We have not signed such an agreement."

Sam, an all-American defensive end from the University of Missouri, is the first openly-gay player drafted in NFL history.

A camera crew from the Oprah network was at Rams Park on Tuesday for Sam's introductory news conference. The crew also was present Friday, for a Rams rookie practice, but got no special access either day."

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Shottenheimer was on the Jets version of Hard Knocks.

Please delete my previous Hard Knocks post.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the fact that Sam hid the fact from the NFL that he was going to make the documentary because he was worried about not getting drafted. So number 1 he was deceitful and must of known it would be a distraction for a team. So it's not all about the NFL and winning. So If Sam knew it would be a distraction for a team but good for the Gay agenda then I think Sam is more about the Gay agenda than playing winning football for a NFL team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SAM set this arrangement up weeks ago with Oprah contingent on him being drafted and then he waited to see if he'd get drafted. Now everyone except SAM is backpedaling. More of the same deception.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: more evidence to support that Chilipepper.
I don't like the fact that Sam hid the fact from the NFL that he was going to make the documentary because he was worried about not getting drafted. So number 1 he was deceitful and must of known it would be a distraction for a team. So it's not all about the NFL and winning. So If Sam knew it would be a distraction for a team but good for the Gay agenda then I think Sam is more about the Gay agenda than playing winning football for a NFL team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the evidence you provided supports what you've presented already. I don't mean for you to provide more evidence. I was agreeing with what you posted.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see a documentary on Josh Gordon!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about starting a thread like this (cancelling Sam's documentary) on the NFL board.

Personally I think this is a good thing this is postponed because this guy really needs to focus on playing in the NFL instead of furthering his "image" of a gay man. I have no problem with him being gay at all but to me he is just blowing this "situation" way out of proportion and making this about him too much.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I had was that, by saying I wanna lay low, not be a distraction and make it only about the football... then signing on for a TV deal with Oprah Winfrey... it makes his words seem disingenuous.

Think of how awesome the headlines would have been if he'd publicly turned down Oprah freakin' Winfrey! Lol. "No thanks, Oprah. I don't need your help. I got this." Think of the respect he could have earned among his peers by actually putting football first in a grand public display. And think of how many nay-sayers who want to label him a distraction and attention-whore, who's arguments he could have immediately shut down cold.

Now, don't get me wrong... I don't fully blame Sam for this. I think it's more his agents/representation's fault than anyone else. Sure, it was poor judgement for him to sign on. But, the kid is young and hey... you live and learn. If I was Sam, though... I'd fire those agents yesterday. Even if it was his idea... they should have been smart enough to tell him no.

Wiser heads prevailed, though. The Rams nipped this in the bud, just as they should have. If anything, it shows me they have an idea or two about how to deal with this situation. At least, more so than some fans would like to think.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caynine, I deleted the other thread per your request. Good points on this thread above.