• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Sam Documentary

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His point bringing up the other things is that you aren't showing the same level of hatred towards the Rams' players that have committed violent crimes and/or drug and alcohol related crimes. Instead you're focused on the guy that hasn't hurt anyone despite coming from a terrible childhood and family situation.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His point bringing up the other things is that you aren't showing the same level of hatred towards the Rams' players that have committed violent crimes and/or drug and alcohol related crimes. Instead you're focused on the guy that hasn't hurt anyone despite coming from a terrible childhood and family situation.

That is not true Shopson. Boss has routinely spoken out against aberrant behavior in players. I believe he has already addressed Bailey's BS and I know I have seen many of his posts addessing behavior that is felonious other than gayness.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I don't bother with links to gay sites. If you have an argument, say it yourself, don't try to get others to say what you're incapable of articulating.

It's not a link to a "gay site". I wouldn't do that to ya, man. It's a link to an editorial from a CBS affiliate in Texas. But, basically, it's saying everything I've been "articulating" all along.

The Bible is a poor tool for debate?? Well, I guess it is when it doesn't support your argument.

And that, my friend, is exactly my point.

As I said earlier, I could care less if you agree with my reasons or not. In order for me to care your opinion would have to mean something to me, which it does not. You obviously have your liberal way of seeing things and I have my conservative viewpoint. I'm not going to change your perspective or lifestyle and you're certainly not going to convince me of yours. About the only thing we have in common is that we're both Rams fans. But I doubt we'll be tail-gating together anytime soon.

The funny thing is... my friends would probably laugh at the thought of anyone labeling me strictly a liberal. I think it's ridiculous to shoehorn someone into one category, because there's so many different views in the world and I go against the liberal standpoint on quite a few of them. If we were talking in an firearms forum, people would be probably be calling me a conservative gun-nut. Lol.

You're right though... we disagree. Yeah, things get a bit heated in here and I understand that, but it never comes from a place of disrespect. No, we probably wouldn't make for very good tailgate buddies. Lol. But, I will be cheering "GO RAMS!", come the season opener and it's my sincere hope that you will be, as well, regardless of the outcome of this whole ordeal. :suds:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be cheering "GO RAMS!", come the season opener and it's my sincere hope that you will be, as well, regardless of the outcome of this whole ordeal. :suds:[/QUOTE]

And the one single thing we agree upon is where this appropriately ends. Debate completed. Everyone can draw their own conclusions. :think:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. "Morality"? In defense of the NFL?? :laugh3: You can shelve your morality argument, BOSS. I think this guy says it best.

Dale Hansen on Michael Sam Coming Out as Gay - YouTube

And yes... I know the Bible. It's a poor tool for debate, if you have to cherry-pick your passages and ignore half of it just to keep your argument from falling apart.

But, I'm sure there's something in there saying r*pe, assault, drug use, obstruction and murder are A-okay with the Lord... right? ;)

But where are the diva players using their raping or assaulting of women, their drug use or their felonies to make a documentary to promote their fame over their skills on the football field? If his documentary was with ESPN or a sports network his hollow words of him being a football player could at least be explained, but he signed with a channel that is designed strictly for women or the gay community not the average football fan.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done gentleman. That is how a proper debate is orchestrated!!!

I'm not sure about proper debate orchestration, but I too would certainly be pleased if this topic(s) has used up it's shelf life, at least for now...I thought it was very interesting in some spots, very boorish in others...I'm just glad that I didn't have to score this debate...

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about proper debate orchestration, but I too would certainly be pleased if this topic(s) has used up it's shelf life, at least for now...I thought it was very interesting in some spots, very boorish in others...I'm just glad that I didn't have to score this debate...
You said a mouth full mikey. I am not up on all the rules of debate either. But I think the main thing is to have a level playing field.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not true Shopson. Boss has routinely spoken out against aberrant behavior in players. I believe he has already addressed Bailey's BS and I know I have seen many of his posts addessing behavior that is felonious other than gayness.

Felonious other than gayness? LOL, as if gayness is felonious. Maybe to Putin.

Very few if any on this board seem to care about assault or drug charges until they cause players to miss games to suspension. I don't see anyone condemning Alexander, other than being drafted too early, and everyone seems OK with taking chances with guys with mistakes in their past. Sam has only made one mistake apparently, letting the world know his sexual preference, which shouldn't be a mistake in this day and age at all.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gayness is felonious in the eyes of the Almighty, Shopson. He calls it an abomination. You want to laugh at that? Go right ahead. Someday you'll give an answer for your shortsightedness.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very few if any on this board seem to care about assault or drug charges until they cause players to miss games to suspension. I don't see anyone condemning Alexander, other than being drafted too early, and everyone seems OK with taking chances with guys with mistakes in their past. Sam has only made one mistake apparently, letting the world know his sexual preference, which shouldn't be a mistake in this day and age at all.

There are a lot on this board that realize that Sam is benefitting/profiting from his gayness traits where the others you mentioned never profited anything by getting into trouble. :nod:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot on this board that realize that Sam is benefitting/profiting from his gayness traits where the others you mentioned never profited anything by getting into trouble. :nod:

Excellent point Zeke. I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we hear out of the Sam camp is that he is planning to write a book about the entire experience. Mark my words, he'll be writing a book sooner or later, guaranteed.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all fairness shopson, those here on these boards that care about issues of homosexuality on a moral basis, I'm sure would have just as much of a problem with other morality issues.

The difference here is no one condoning acts of r*pe, murder, illegal drug use etc. If others would condone such acts surely you would see these same people stand against those morality issues as well.

I mean if everyone agrees, there is nothing to discuss.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gayness is felonious in the eyes of the Almighty, Shopson. He calls it an abomination. You want to laugh at that? Go right ahead. Someday you'll give an answer for your shortsightedness.

The right of religious freedom includes the right to not be religious. Not a surprise to anyone, I am not a religious person. All the religion I need is "do onto others..."

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent point Zeke. I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we hear out of the Sam camp is that he is planning to write a book about the entire experience. Mark my words, he'll be writing a book sooner or later, guaranteed.

As do many athletes that experience hardship. I would be very interested in reading his book, gay or not. He had quite the difficult childhood. Marqise Lee's upbringing could make an interesting read as well.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As do many athletes that experience hardship. I would be very interested in reading his book, gay or not. He had quite the difficult childhood. Marqise Lee's upbringing could make an interesting read as well.
I think he should definitely do a book however currently that should be the furthest thing on his mind.

Right now, the only book he should be thinking about should be the playbook!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely guarantee a book is coming from Sam. I'm also certain it's on his agenda, just like a lot of other things....think about it. It's almost a no-brainer. And not because he's had a rough upbringing. If that is what you're interested in Shopson, I'll write you my own autobiography and you can pay me for it. Of course I'm not...oops, better not say it..... so you'd probably not be interested.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely guarantee a book is coming from Sam. I'm also certain it's on his agenda, just like a lot of other things....think about it. It's almost a no-brainer. And not because he's had a rough upbringing. If that is what you're interested in Shopson, I'll write you my own autobiography and you can pay me for it. Of course I'm not...oops, better not say it..... so you'd probably not be interested.

Because you are gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay... ...There I said it 10 times!!! LOL!! The new thread is up Boss. I thought you'd like to know.