• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Sam Documentary

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people actually watch that network?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fans in St Louis know more about Sam than I do...did he announce his predilections the year he won all American? and if he did do any of you think that may be part of why he may have been selected for that honor? Hey! I'm just asking...I live in California north of La La Land and I know contractors that advertise in gay publications passing themselves off as gay to get work. Many gay households do very well and many of them love to remodel. It's good business these days I guess. I hope he makes the team and gets 30 tackles and 10 sacks because I want the Rams to win. I just hope this wasn't purely a publicity stunt by the Rams. That would be bad for the Rams and worse for Sam. I will be rooting that the Rams have a spot for this kid and they have a plan for him and they knew what they were doing when they drafted him.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and Oprah sucks! she helped to give us OBAMA! :omg:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh doesn't tmz follow these guys all the time anyway?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh doesn't tmz follow these guys all the time anyway?

7th round picks?

No, I don't think even TMZ bothers following 7th round draft picks, let alone making a documentary on one.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last sentence I find hilarious.

Retro

We all knew this was going to be a distraction for the team regardless of what Fisher and Sam, or anyone else wants to say contrary to the fact.

The media will not let this story die and I think he will make the team if for no other reason than the fact the Rams don't want backlash from the media and gays for cutting him.

I fully expect him to make the roster whether he truly helps the team or not.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that sweet. Lol

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fans in St Louis know more about Sam than I do...did he announce his predilections the year he won all American? and if he did do any of you think that may be part of why he may have been selected for that honor? Hey! I'm just asking...I live in California north of La La Land and I know contractors that advertise in gay publications passing themselves off as gay to get work. Many gay households do very well and many of them love to remodel. It's good business these days I guess. I hope he makes the team and gets 30 tackles and 10 sacks because I want the Rams to win. I just hope this wasn't purely a publicity stunt by the Rams. That would be bad for the Rams and worse for Sam. I will be rooting that the Rams have a spot for this kid and they have a plan for him and they knew what they were doing when they drafted him.

While most of the MU student body and many media members around here(mid-MO) knew he was gay almost 2 years ago it wasn't public until after the season was over and he was named All-American.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys don't follow Peter King in twitter, you should. He's said a lot on the topic, here's some of it.

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 41m
"I just wish you guys would see me as Michael Sam the football player, not Michael Sam the gay football player."
--Sam, Feb. 22, 2014

"We're proud to announce our new docuseries with history-making football player @MichaelSamNFL."
--Oprah Winfrey Network, today.

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 23m
And why announce it after the draft? Because you announce it before the draft, and the Rams might think, 'Do we want even more sideshow?'

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys don't follow Peter King in twitter, you should. He's said a lot on the topic, here's some of it.

"I just wish you guys would see me as Michael Sam the football player, not Michael Sam the gay football player."
--Sam, Feb. 22, 2014

"We're proud to announce our new docuseries with history-making football player @MichaelSamNFL."
--Oprah Winfrey Network, today.

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 23m
And why announce it after the draft? Because you announce it before the draft, and the Rams might think, 'Do we want even more sideshow?'

I find that first tweet nauseating.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is the same organization that refused to bring Tebow in because they felt the media circus would be a distraction. This borders on the insane and definitely is hypocritical at best.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck Rams regarding the documentary. The guy hasn't even played a snap in the NFL yet, for crying out loud and now someone wants to " document the journey"? Of a 7th rounder? Well, I think we all know why SAMs being documented... Too bad the top priority is not to document his football skills.

Society and media getting totally out of hand, once again.

Did the Griffin trade also draw the "media circus" away from DC, along with all the picks? Hope so.

I remember the SportsHoopla surrounding Griffins "Will to Win", and not fondly, I might add. And at least the guy was rookie of the year and was recovering from a wicked injury. People will argue it wasn't a distraction (delusional, I say), but no one can argue that it had every media outlet asking questions and focusing on something that WASNT the Team and WASNT the upcoming football year.

IT was incredibly annoying to me at least.

Just play, dang it.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While most of the MU student body and many media members around here(mid-MO) knew he was gay almost 2 years ago it wasn't public until after the season was over and he was named All-American.

Thanks mutigers1fan for the info...