• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat vs Chicago Bulls Series Thread

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is winning this series.. heat in 5. im not worried one bit. we had our worst quarter of the fucking year, and should have won. LeBron needs to be on robinson at crunch time especially if deng is out.. it's a no brainer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have a good feeling about this game. I knew we would come out sluggish.

8 days off is way too much time between games especially when your opponent is in the rhythm of playing every other day

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is winning this series.. heat in 5. im not worried one bit. we had our worst quarter of the fucking year, and should have won. LeBron needs to be on robinson at crunch time especially if deng is out.. it's a no brainer.

Spo made zero adjustments out there tonight. I don't get why he had Chalmers on the floor in the last 5 min. He was awful tonight. At least with Battier in, we could have put LBJ on Robinson and move Battier on to Butler or something.

Battier or Cole should have been in the game over Chalmers.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish it was Wednesday already. Well this team needed a wake up call, they got it now.

The Heat will bounce back. It would not be difficult to neutralize the Bulls, especially if their roster is limited. The Heat should jump on the Bulls early and not make games too close. That is reserved for the road games. It seemed that there was no sense of desperation in the first three quarters... just cruising along and hoping the Bulls will fold. The Bulls play hard up to the last minute.

Next game should be easier for the Heat. And Lebron will be more aggressive.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spo made zero adjustments out there tonight. I don't get why he had Chalmers on the floor in the last 5 min. He was awful tonight. At least with Battier in, we could have put LBJ on Robinson and move Battier on to Butler or something.

Battier or Cole should have been in the game over Chalmers.

All the Heat needs is to get the ball off Nate. Rather have Taj Gibson shooting the ball. And not leave Belinelli alone at the 3 point line. Let the other Bulls players shoot the midrange jumper and stay in front of Nate or Butler's driving range. The Heat has a better chance having these other players score.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron had a subpar game just like the entire team did . I expected LBJ to have 20 points by the end of the 3rd that's how an MVP performs at this time of year . LBJ gets no free pass this time . He just shouldn't . He missed his share of key free throws. We need to expand the rotation and use another player or two . Also wade today was his old self , complaining any time he missed a shot crying for fouls and failing to get back on defense because of it . He has no business shooting 3's . Spo was stupid if he actually drew it up. Just a bad game . First loss in my presence at a heat game ever . Game 2 needs to get here fast .

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalmers did have a bad game but I don't blame spo for having him in there late . You can't put Shane with a game on the line , even less when playing like shit . Spo made some serious mistakes but his hands were tied because the players just didn't execute as needed.

I think it's a bit laughable to think the heat go on a 4 game run now and finish this up in 5 . It would be pure luck if they did .

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalmers did have a bad game but I don't blame spo for having him in there late . You can't put Shane with a game on the line , even less when playing like shit . Spo made some serious mistakes but his hands were tied because the players just didn't execute as needed.

I think it's a bit laughable to think the heat go on a 4 game run now and finish this up in 5 . It would be pure luck if they did .

They'll be fine. It all starts with Lebron. He has to believe he can dismantle the bulls with his skills and talents. That will infect the whole team with confidence. I think the Bulls simply played harder and felt that they have nothing to lose. It's just like any threat... it is a wake up call but you have to see them as a threat and douse that fire quickly.

Lebron should have a monster performance next game. Losing at home while he was honored as the MVP should be enough incentive.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron had a subpar game just like the entire team did . I expected LBJ to have 20 points by the end of the 3rd that's how an MVP performs at this time of year . LBJ gets no free pass this time . He just shouldn't . He missed his share of key free throws. We need to expand the rotation and use another player or two . Also wade today was his old self , complaining any time he missed a shot crying for fouls and failing to get back on defense because of it . He has no business shooting 3's . Spo was stupid if he actually drew it up. Just a bad game . First loss in my presence at a heat game ever . Game 2 needs to get here fast .

I usually am the 1st person to jump on Wade for phantom crying about being fouled. Not the case tonight thought. Both he and James were hammered a few times and the refs let it go. It isn't the reason they lost the game, but it changed their mindset a few times about attacking and drawing what is usually an automatic call vs kicking it out for a lower % shot.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heatmyshorts, im sick of hearing people say that all these negative things will end up motivating LBJ and this team as a whole...If they arent motivated enough already considering it is the playoffs and all they want to accomplish as a team, then there is a gigantic problem. They should be motivated already... from a long time ago. Every time this team fails at a given time, people want to say it will motivate them simply to give them a pass... I want to see what happens in the early minutes of game 2 as it will be very telling if the coaching staff did their part in making adjustments and if the players are executing the game plan.

What has the national media been saying about the game so far? I bet they are talking as if it is armageddon? would not blame them... the Heat give ammo for the haters to use.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually am the 1st person to jump on Wade for phantom crying about being fouled. Not the case tonight thought. Both he and James were hammered a few times and the refs let it go. It isn't the reason they lost the game, but it changed their mindset a few times about attacking and drawing what is usually an automatic call vs kicking it out for a lower % shot.

There were a few calls in the 2nd and 3rd quarters where they could have called a foul against the Bulls. But Wade not going to the free throw line is uncharacteristic. For some reason, the Bulls went to the free throw line a lot but they did attack the basket and Bosh did a poor job on help. Lebron did most of the help defending the paint.

What happened to Joel Anthony? I know Birdman is charismatic and is a hustle player but Anthony also has some experience at shot blocking and altering shots. He should see some minutes.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heatmyshorts, im sick of hearing people say that all these negative things will end up motivating LBJ and this team as a whole...If they arent motivated enough already considering it is the playoffs and all they want to accomplish as a team, then there is a gigantic problem. They should be motivated already... from a long time ago. Every time this team fails at a given time, people want to say it will motivate them simply to give them a pass... I want to see what happens in the early minutes of game 2 as it will be very telling if the coaching staff did their part in making adjustments and if the players are executing the game plan.

What has the national media been saying about the game so far? I bet they are talking as if it is armageddon? would not blame them... the Heat give ammo for the haters to use.

Part of the problem is that Spo isn't Doc Rivers or Popovich. After Lebron got the trophy it appeared that the Heat were willing to cruise for the first half. It started with a nonaggressive James. Spo should learn how to motivate the team from the get go... or James should. In the first half, the Heat were committed defensively, having so much energy from the rest, but took for granted that the Bulls will fizzle out in the second half. Lebron did get to work but so did the Bulls. The Heat has to assume the Bulls are fresh and treat game one as a desperation game. Maybe the Bucks were too easy.

On the bright side, winning against a very scrappy Bulls team will toughen the heat for the next series. Just like what the Celtics did last year. Adversity can be advantageous. That is what we have to see in the next game... respect this adversity.

The haters can hate. Usually they are fans of teams already eliminated. So it's really no big deal.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugly game tonight... I expected the Heat to lose 1 game this series and this was the one I thought they might.. way too much time off and the Bulls were fired up. I said this morning and ill say it again, I know I dont like Cole but he needs to be defending Nate, not Chalmers.. Chalmers had no business being in the game at the end.. and wtf was Wade thinking shooting a 3 at the end? he is a terrible 3 pt shooter and he decideds at that moment to play hero ball? ther was no ball movement on that possesion and we were only down 2, we didnt need the 3 there.. just a bad decision... bad play from everyone all around..

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnup, I will agree that both Wade and James got hammered a couple of times tonight and the refs didnt call it... I was there and I saw it first-hand. But, guess what? This is the fucking playoffs -- teams are going to be even more physical as the Bulls are a physical team to begin with... And, refs will let some calls go in order to let guys play since it is the playoffs.

All of this is no excuse for them to change their mindset as far as being aggressive... They should have an aggressive mindset from start to finish no matter what. From the jump the Heat settled for shots and started jacking up 3’s thats not their game... I knew we were in trouble the moment we started the game with that approach. Wade and Bosh have no buisness shooting 3’s. Shane needs to find other spots on the floor to shoot from instead of the 3pt line/corners... he should try going inside, he might actually make himself useful to the team.. the guy went to freaking Duke, he has to be smarter than he has shown recently.

The one bright spot of tonight is, my worst fear did not come true - I feared that Spo would have been dumb enough as was the case last season to have Shane in the starting lineup for no apparent reason as was the case last year but that didnt happen thankfully... And, I am not worried about him starting any time soon after sucking as much as he did tonight. You cant start a guy that doesnt contribute anything... you cant play that guy as many minutes either. I thought Spo made the right move when taking Shane out early on in the game when he was struggling... It was a mistake to insert him back in the game with it still on the line with the way he was playing.

Last thing I will say before moving on to game 2.. Obviously, the coaching staff has some adjustments to make but I would say the are minor and obvious as I have mentioned some already... But, the biggest adjustment has to come from the players and it has to be there mentality...Not only be ready for game 2, but be ready for a physical game... be ready to play in a game where some calls will not go your way and that is okay and just learn to fucking play through it. These damn guys need to learn to shut the fuck up and play through adversity. Im done.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill agree with the Pigeon.. these guys need to get themselves mentally ready. Wade has to stop the whining and complaining to the refs and get back on D. its annoying...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a few calls in the 2nd and 3rd quarters where they could have called a foul against the Bulls. But Wade not going to the free throw line is uncharacteristic. For some reason, the Bulls went to the free throw line a lot but they did attack the basket and Bosh did a poor job on help. Lebron did most of the help defending the paint.

What happened to Joel Anthony? I know Birdman is charismatic and is a hustle player but Anthony also has some experience at shot blocking and altering shots. He should see some minutes.
The Bulls went to the line more because they attacked more and they got the benefit of some close calls... That happens to every team that plays in that manner...Not saying it is right, and I dont think it is, but that is how they call games unfortunately. That is the problem with this Heat team (meaning the core guys) they think they can play half-ass and still get calls their way... not going to fucking happen... never has and wont.

The Heat need to stop falling in love with hustle players... dont get me wrong, I love them to... it is one of the things that made ZO my idol along with his off the court stuff but they need to worry about having more productive players than hustle players... hustle doesnt ALWAYS lead to productivity.

As for Spo not being Doc or Pop, so what? he is writing his own legacy and that is all he needs to worry about.. Not try to be someone he is not.

As for Spo needing to learn to motivate the players... as I said earlier, if they arent self motivated and motivated by the goals they often speak about having set for themselves... Not Spo, not Pat, not God can motivate them. They need to find it from within.

Again, disappointed with this loss but not surprised either... This Heat team just doesnt know how to take advantage of time off even at the most crucial times of the year... They have proven that too many times and there seems to be no end in sight.

Ok now im done. Ill start a new topic to get going for the next game.

Since every one is talking about adjustments,as usual... What adjustments do you think the team needs to make heading to game 2? I know a lot of you like to play coach/GM especially after losses...So, have at it!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys look at the bright side...The spurs are about to lose also

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill agree with the Pigeon.. these guys need to get themselves mentally ready. Wade has to stop the whining and complaining to the refs and get back on D. its annoying...
avalon, everyone has grown up a bit ever since leaving the CBS boards for this one and called off the pigeon crap but I guess it is difficult for some to grow up, eh?

As for Wade needing to stop complaining? Ive been begging for this to happen for too long and it hasnt happen and at this point I just dont think it will until his career is over.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be fine.

No need to overreact.

We played as poor as we can possibly play and the Bulls still needed a 10-0 run to take G1.