• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat vs Brooklyn Nets

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often does a ref call a reach in foul when you're not in the act of shooting late in a 1 possession game?

Apparently never, that was my point. Rules be damned.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember all those people saying Miami should be worried about Brooklyn? Where have they gone?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey at least Brooklyn win the season series (including playoffs) vs Miami 5-4

Here is their trophy:

th

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember all those people saying Miami should be worried about Brooklyn? Where have they gone?

I said the Heat should be worried about them, but I also predicted Heat in 6.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then the game is decided in the free throw line and you whine about that too.

Whine? Let's be clear here, I am not rooting against your team like you are mine. I have never been under the delusion that anyone on the D league side of the league had anything for the Heat. I was just making a statement.

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whine? Let's be clear here, I am not rooting against your team like you are mine. I have never been under the delusion that anyone on the D league side of the league had anything for the Heat. I was just making a statement.
I don't root against OKC. Drop the self righteous attitude.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn just did not execute very well down the stretch.
They could easily be up 3-2 in the series heading home to close it out.

The NETS were the better team for long stretches, but inexplicably melted down in simple late game executions. That is the function of having a rookie head coach with limited playoff experience.

It seems like an epidemic this season for teams.
Teams keep losing games they should never lose because of pathetic late game execution.
Only Miami and San Antonio have avoided this rampant disease so far this post-season.

I am cautiously rooting for the LAC/OKC idiocy and ineptitude to continue.
That series is pure comedy gold in the 4th quarters of ineptitude.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what LeBron does that other current superstars don't do... he stops the other team's closer when it matters most.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy the refs gave the ball to Brooklyn when Lebron fouled Pierce. I would not hear the end of if if they awarded Miami the ball. Kidd did a poor job of drawing up plays in the final minutes

Congrats on your Heat moving on...I projected Heat in 6, but felt Brk was a good matchup for them...on the game last night...they really need to be thanking Bosh imo...hit some big shots in the 2nd half...Joe was schooling both Lebron and Wade, just didn't have enough help at the end.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade, Bosh, LeBron, and Allen all had huge, critical plays in the 4th quarter to make that win possible

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's reasons like last night that LeBron will never be Jordan. You won a 2nd round game, you jump on the scorers table? MJ would have NEVER did that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's reasons like last night that LeBron will never be Jordan. You won a 2nd round game, you jump on the scorers table? MJ would have NEVER did that.

Revisionist history once again making up bs about Jordan.

Jordan never lost a game 7.
Jordan never event went to game 7
Jordan never celebrated a win unless it was the NBA Finals
Jordan never acted cocky
Jordan never missed a game winning shot

Lies, lies, lies.

Why is that the people who are most upset about comparing Jordan to LeBron the same people that never let an opportunity to make the comparison pass them by?

And by the way, Jordan isn't the supreme example of how every thing should be done. When did simply doing something differently than Jordan become a critique?

Note: this is not really a direct response to Johnnyd, just more of a more general rambling...

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revisionist history once again making up bs about Jordan.

Jordan never lost a game 7.
Jordan never event went to game 7
Jordan never celebrated a win unless it was the NBA Finals
Jordan never acted cocky
Jordan never missed a game winning shot

Lies, lies, lies.

Why is that the people who are most upset about comparing Jordan to LeBron the same people that never let an opportunity to make the comparison pass them by?

And by the way, Jordan isn't the supreme example of how every thing should be done. When did simply doing something differently than Jordan become a critique?

Note: this is not really a direct response to Johnnyd, just more of a more general rambling...

All i'm saying is, I don't ever recall MJ jumping on a scorers table after a win. All i'm saying. It's childish.

And as you know or may know, I am a Bulls fan.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it childish? It's bad to show emotion after you won a series. Don't watch sports if you don't want to see emotion. The things people bitch about when it comes to LeBron is laughable

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man was excited for probably several reasons. Everyone especially Brooklyn were so excited about their 4 game sweep over Miami in the regular season and im sure you wouldn't be excited if your team was down 10 with 5 to go and came back to win the game which ended the series.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take a more neutral perspective.
Lebron was acting like a dick a little bit.

It wasn't a celebration of the team victory...it was him celebrating Lebron making the play.
But, the problem is that he did not even make it. Ray Allen made the critical defensive steal.

You can tell when someone is "celebrating themselves" versus "celebrating a team win."
It is subtle, but noticeable.

In the broad scheme, who the hell cares?
Lebron probably deserves to have an ego.

But, yes he was celebrating in a little bit of disrespectful douchebaggy manner.
But, it doesn't bother me enough to worry about it.

He can do whatever the heck he wants. Its not my job to police him.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a celebration of the team victory...it was him celebrating Lebron making the play.
But, the problem is that he did not even make it. Ray Allen made the critical defensive steal.

Without Lebron's tight defense on JJ, Ray may not be position to knock the ball from him. It's not like Ray bailed Lebron out (this time anyway :whistle:).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celebrating a 2nd round closeout win by jumping up on a table and pounding your chest is a bit much. That kind of celebration is for titles.

I've been as critical of Lebron as anyone. However, at the end of the day, not really a big deal and not really something that needs to be bitched about.