• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Off-Season Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still the off-season and with our roster set, news surronding the team and league is beyond slow... SO, I thought I would stir things up another waste of time article written by Ira Winderman about the biggest waste of life and draft pick in Heat history, past - present or future -- Michael Druggie Beasley.

He has officially been released by the Suns after none other than another drug-related bust. Hopefully no other teams waste their time, money and roster spot trying to give this bum a chance he does not deserve. Hopefully this leads to his disapperance of the NBA for good.

Here is the link: Happy reading

Former Miami Heat No. 2 2008 NBA Draft pick Michael Beasley released by Phoenix Suns - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmmm.....not sure about this one

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 5m
Yahoo! reports Heat considering signing Michael Beasley but hasn't made offer and nothing imminent. Beasley would like to return.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And outside of that we do not need him. The only position we need help at is C because you can never have enough big bodies

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason why I would enjoy his return is, because it would give me another easy target to bash outside of Shane... The Heat were dumb enough to draft MB, stupid enough to sign the scrub - I cant imagine they would get to the point of ignorance to bring back that pothead.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind if we gave Beasley a shot. There's really nothing we can lose. What is he going to do take down a club house of veterans and champions? He'll be cut way before any of that happens.

The upside...maybe he can contribute off the bench. He is essentially Haslem with less toughness and a bit more offensive upside.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First response from inside Heat regarding Beasley reunion report, "Absolutely nothing. Not true. No."
From Ira Winderman

Not surprised that the first guy to bring this useless story to light is the one to confirm the story has no life.

Pat Riley and the Heat FO know better than to give chance number 1,000 to a scrub useless waste of life that can't make good use of the chances he gets.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The upside...maybe he can contribute off the bench.

With this scrub, there is no upside - Unless you are a crackhead looking for dope

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind if we gave Beasley a shot. There's really nothing we can lose. What is he going to do take down a club house of veterans and champions? He'll be cut way before any of that happens.

The upside...maybe he can contribute off the bench. He is essentially Haslem with less toughness and a bit more offensive upside.

Much to my surprise, I heard the Heat is considering it.
The Heat needs to always be looking a year or 2 ahead at projected salaries, etc. if they want to keep the Big 3 in tact.

Absolute zero risk play by Riley if he pulls the trigger.

And Paolo, I agree with you that Beasley has his head up his ass to be smoking weed IN HIS CAR @ 1 a.m.,
but if you are naive to believe that a ton of NBA players dont smoke weed, you must live in a cave.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolute zero risk play by Riley if he pulls the trigger.

You have lost your mind if you think there is zero risk in bringing back a crackhead that already had a chance here, one he didn't even earn on his own or was deserving of.
And Paolo, I agree with you that Beasley has his head up his ass to be smoking weed IN HIS CAR @ 1 a.m.,
but if you are naive to believe that a ton of NBA players dont smoke weed, you must live in a cave.

I am sure an alarming number of NBA players/athletes in other sports do it, but not all do. Despite the large number of those who do it, it is still not something I consider to be right - And not something I would want associated with a player associated with the team I root for. This was the main thing I hated about this bum, not only was he useless on the court but he was a pothead off the court... There has never been a bigger waste of life to put on a Heat uniform. And there will never be. The bum set the bar to unreachable heights.

Either way, I am at peace with this for now anyway - The story has begun to be shot down by many who first reported it after comments made by the Heat front office. They know better than to give a single penny to a worthless crackhead.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have lost your mind if you think there is zero risk in bringing back a crackhead that already had a chance here, one he didn't even earn on his own or was deserving of.

I am sure an alarming number of NBA players/athletes in other sports do it, but not all do. Despite the large number of those who do it, it is still not something I consider to be right - And not something I would want associated with a player associated with the team I root for. This was the main thing I hated about this bum, not only was he useless on the court but he was a pothead off the court... There has never been a bigger waste of life to put on a Heat uniform. And there will never be. The bum set the bar to unreachable heights.

Either way, I am at peace with this for now anyway - The story has begun to be shot down by many who first reported it after comments made by the Heat front office. They know better than to give a single penny to a worthless crackhead.

I think he could have been an allstar player if he would just stayed clean and keep his head straight. he ruined his own basketball career. Am not sure if coming back to miami will get him to change. I mean come on its miami. He might just end up worst living the miami live again. but if we do sign him. I guarantee you they will tell him any dumb shit he does no matter how big or small. he will get cut in a heartbeat...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he could have been an allstar player if he would just stayed clean and keep his head straight. he ruined his own basketball career. Am not sure if coming back to miami will get him to change. I mean come on its miami. He might just end up worst living the miami live again. but if we do sign him. I guarantee you they will tell him any dumb shit he does no matter how big or small. he will get cut in a heartbeat...

Showing up for work would probably get him cut as well. But you're right, I'm not sure if I'd want him here. He's best staying at a city like Milwaukee where there isn't shit to do that can get you in trouble....well....not as many things that is. He needs to grow up more before any type of Miami reunion is in the works IMO.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA champion Miami Heat working out prospects in advance of training camp - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Story on Justin Hamilton and a few more bodies the Heat added for camp. I like the Vander Blue pickup - He is a long shot, but he has potential. If the Heat were smart enough to strip the useless Shane Battier of a roster spot, it would go to one of these guys who are young and have some real potential.

At some point, the Heat need to start a youth movement with the roster - What better way to start than to cut the biggest scrub on the team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Told You Paolo!!!

No risk!
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=beasley%20back%20to%20heat&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sun-sentinel.com%2Fsports%2Fmiami-heat%2Fsfl-miami-heat-michael-beasley-s091213%2C0%2C6765239.story&ei=kdowUoC6FpDi8gTKrIHQAg&usg=AFQjCNF5tPVr5BNyJRHptzL-zfSNgxhwjQ&bvm=bv.52109249,d.eWU

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Riley might need to retire from his current position. Giving this crackhead a second chance after failing miserably time and again is the dumbest thing he could ever do next to actually giving him a chance in the first place - And signing the scrub that is Shane Battier.

People say, what is the worst the can happen given the fact that it is a non-guranteed contract? The answer is, the idiot will fail miserably again and the Heat will look stupid yet again.

Oh well, at least it will be fun to have two easy targets to be critical of this season instead of one... I can alternate from game to game unless one gives me a reason to get on a roll - Which could very well happen with these two bums on the team.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Beasley is not guaranteed to make the team. I hope this works out in the long run. Man he better not fuck this up for the Heat. I'll be pulling for him though.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's me logical here....It is IMPOSSIBLE for him to fuck this up for a few reasons.

1) He's back on a team with veteran leadership. When have you ever seen a player on a Wade or Lebron team act up? And don't forget about the other veterans leaders on this team such as Ray, UD, and Battier.

2) It is a high reward/low risk deal. You don't think if for some reason he act up that they won't cut him in a matter of hours?

This is a good deal for the Heat. Beasley give us something diff at the SF position off the bench now. Our main SG/SF were primarily spot up shooters. Beasley can beat you off the dribble and hit that mid range shot.

We have a pretty good bench now. Cole, Allen, Battier, Beasley, Bird, and Oden