• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Off-Season Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Beasley is not guaranteed to make the team. I hope this works out in the long run. Man he better not fuck this up for the Heat. I'll be pulling for him though.

He's making the team. Bank on it.
We need an infusion of some youth.
I couldn't be any happier.

Honestly never ( until last week) thought I would ever see this day.:yahoo:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley if giving 20 MPG will avg at least 10 PPG for us. He's going to get so many better looks now

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.It is IMPOSSIBLE for him to fuck this up for a few reasons.

History would suggest it is very dumb to think Beasley would not fuck up any more than he has already when he has done so time and again. If anyone is capable of fucking up further it is him... And, I know he won't disappoint me and fuck up royally soon enough - It is just who he is.

Might have to go back to changing my name to DBD

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only good thing about the Heat bringing back the crackhead is, it will probably draw more attention from the media - at least from Ira Winderman, then the upcoming free agent period this off-season

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only good thing about the Heat bringing back the crackhead is, it will probably draw more attention from the media - at least from Ira Winderman, then the upcoming free agent period this off-season

Not sure if he's going to give up the weed. but i think being surrounded by several future hall of fame players and actually be on a team that is all about winning, might get him to finally focus on whats important and we will see now the Michael Beasley that we expect to see from when we first drafted him. no risk for the heat. its all up to beasley on how he wants to finish his nba career.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Let's me logical here....It is IMPOSSIBLE for him to fuck this up for a few reasons.

1) He's back on a team with veteran leadership. When have you ever seen a player on a Wade or Lebron team act up? And don't forget about the other veterans leaders on this team such as Ray, UD, and Battier.

2) It is a high reward/low risk deal. You don't think if for some reason he act up that they won't cut him in a matter of hours?

This is a good deal for the Heat. Beasley give us something diff at the SF position off the bench now. Our main SG/SF were primarily spot up shooters. Beasley can beat you off the dribble and hit that mid range shot.

We have a pretty good bench now. Cole, Allen, Battier, Beasley, Bird, and Oden
I totally agree with the rationale ones here. Nice move with high upside and low risk. Plus you give the young man his last chance to resurrect his career. I love it, Battier and Beasley oh my!

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have any problems with this signing. Miami didnt want to let him go when we brought in the big 3. I remember people saying, imagine if we still had Beasley, we would have 4 scorers.. He isnt a spot up shooter, you have to watch him, he cant take you off the dribble and get to the rim. Definitely improves our bench rotation. Wade should be able to get more rest time now...

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley is a great move. Rumors are that Shane Battier will become his mentor.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he's going to give up the weed. but i think being surrounded by several future hall of fame players and actually be on a team that is all about winning, might get him to finally focus on whats important

The makeup of our roster will not matter - He is a waste of life pothead who will once again fail miserably as he has his entire career to this point.

Having won a few titles already, obviously Riles and the rest of the front office is not concerned with how this organization is viewed by others - Giving a second chance he did not even deserve the first chance he got - Forget about the fact that he only got a "Make-good" contract, the fact that you entertained the idea of bringing him back, and then going ahead and doing so - is by far the lowest of points this franchise has ever reached and will ever.

The fact that Beasley will once again fail is already set in stone - The franchise will look stupid for bringing him back and seeing him fail again -- Regardless of the success they have, he will find a way to single himself out and be the failure of the team.

Would not be surprised if the scrub that is Shane Battier has been designated to "mentor" the pot head - There is no bigger waste of life, money and roster spot on this team outside of Beasley other than Battier. The two worst players to EVER put on a Heat uniform are now on the team together.

One last thing, I am all for a youth movement with our supporting cast surronding the Big 3 - But, just because you are going with a youth movement does not excuse you for going with youth, stupidity and just a flat out waste of talent and life which is Beasley.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The makeup of our roster will not matter - He is a waste of life pothead who will once again fail miserably as he has his entire career to this point.

Having won a few titles already, obviously Riles and the rest of the front office is not concerned with how this organization is viewed by others - Giving a second chance he did not even deserve the first chance he got - Forget about the fact that he only got a "Make-good" contract, the fact that you entertained the idea of bringing him back, and then going ahead and doing so - is by far the lowest of points this franchise has ever reached and will ever.

The fact that Beasley will once again fail is already set in stone - The franchise will look stupid for bringing him back and seeing him fail again -- Regardless of the success they have, he will find a way to single himself out and be the failure of the team.

Would not be surprised if the scrub that is Shane Battier has been designated to "mentor" the pot head - There is no bigger waste of life, money and roster spot on this team outside of Beasley other than Battier. The two worst players to EVER put on a Heat uniform are now on the team together.

One last thing, I am all for a youth movement with our supporting cast surronding the Big 3 - But, just because you are going with a youth movement does not excuse you for going with youth, stupidity and just a flat out waste of talent and life which is Beasley.

Beasley just needs to finally grow up.... I think when that happens we will see a much better beasley that will fit perfect on this team. he's not going to be throwing up shots when ever he wants like he did in Minnesota or with the suns.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley is a good addition because among the younger free agents he has more potential. He has played with Dwade and so he will have no time adjusting into the Heat system. I can see him be a potential sixth man like Odom. It definitely will be an upgrade to Miller.

Hopefully Birdman and Beasley wont go onto offcourt adventures with each other but in the court, Birdman and Beasley in the second unit will definitely spark dynamic offense. We won't have to rely on the 3ball too much. Just watch how Beasley dismantled the Lakers and you can see why this is a definite plus.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having won a few titles already, obviously Riles and the rest of the front office is not concerned with how this organization is viewed by others

We are viewed as the best, most entertaining team in any sport!!

- Giving a second chance he did not even deserve the first chance he got
-

And who in the fuck are you to make that call?

Forget about the fact that he only got a "Make-good" contract, the fact that you entertained the idea of bringing him back, and then going ahead and doing so - is by far the lowest of points this franchise has ever reached and will ever.

You're a drama queen. I have seen sports teams bring back convicted felons, wife beaters, on and on, etc.., etc,,,
Beasley came here as a young, immature kid one after one year in college who liked weed and pussy a little too much.
He was traded because of the acquisition of the Big 3, not because the Heat had ever given up on him.
Quite the opposite. If he wasn't WELL liked by Riley, Spoelstra, Wade, U.D. and the other coaches who were here when he was, he wouldn't have been brought back.

The fact that Beasley will once again fail is already set in stone -

The same way Battier has failed by nailing all those 3's in the Finals the last 2 seasons?

Beasley isn't expected to be the #2 guy to Wade anymore is he?
What Beasley can do is be a viable scoring threat with the 2nd team on the floor.
Many teams struggle in that situation and lose the leads that their starters have earned them.
His addition is just another insurance policy that Spoelstra can mix and match into the equation to keep pressure on opponents at all times.

One last thing, I am all for a youth movement with our supporting cast surronding the Big 3 - But, just because you are going with a youth movement does not excuse you for going with youth, stupidity and just a flat out
waste of talent and life which is Beasley.

Maybe you should be a fan of another team who you feel lives up to your standards?

And guess what, you can almost bank on Battier being hired here as a coach or in some capacity after he retires!
The Heat top brass love him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley just needs to finally grow up[/QUOTE
He needed to grow up a long time ago and didn't - To think he will now is beyond wishful thinking.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should be a fan of another team who you feel lives up to your standards?

Naw, Im good. I will stick to rooting for the home teams as I always have - Which does not necessarily mean I have to like every guy on the team -- That is just retarded.

And guess what, you can almost bank on Battier being hired here as a coach or in some capacity after he retires!
The Heat top brass love him.

Well, if the Heat want an assistant coaching that specalizes in flopping, and committing dirty fouls - Then should would surely be the best option for that. He is great in those two aspects of the game, not to mention non-existent defense - All these being characteristics to also describe Beasley - So, he will at least have a mentor he can relate to and emulate on the court.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, Im good. I will stick to rooting for the home teams as I always have - Which does not necessarily mean I have to like every guy on the team -- That is just retarded.

Well, if the Heat want an assistant coaching that specalizes in flopping, and committing dirty fouls - Then should would surely be the best option for that. He is great in those two aspects of the game, not to mention non-existent defense - All these being characteristics to also describe Beasley - So, he will at least have a mentor he can relate to and emulate on the court.

It's always funny to find people on the internet who feel their knowledge of the game is superior to let's say......people like Pat Riley!

His choices and decision making has lead to one of the greatest NBA resumes of all time.
He was won in every capacity imaginable.

Look, your entitled to your opinion, and I will even grant you that you were correct on Beasley the first go round here.

However, that doesn't mean that he isn't entitled to another chance. There is zero risk. First time he screws up (hopefully he won't), he knows he's gone.

As far as Battier, you are out in left field. He was worth every nickel( and probably double) that the Heat has paid him. He was brought here as a role player. We didn't sign the Big 4, did we?
He has played a VITAL role in the last 2 championships.

Has he flopped? Yep. But who cares? Every time the official gives us a call I'm happy because often times opponents are doing the same thing and getting calls their way.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, that doesn't mean that he isn't entitled to another chance. There is zero risk. First time he screws up (hopefully he won't), he knows he's gone.

With the Heat, this may only be his second chance but overall - He has had 3 or 4 chances already if not more. It is too bad the league has not looked into his situation and punished him accordingly each time, otherwise he would probably out of the league by now and in a crackhouse where he belongs.

There is a big risk involved. There will be a time that he screws up, but the Heat should never even allow themselves for that situation to even come around - This team already gets enough attention - both for good and bad reasons - There is no need to add to it by adding this scrub who is sure to do something stupid to draw negative attention to himself and become a distraction to the team... Soon thereafter the team may get rid of him, but it is something that isn't necessary in the first place.

One thing I remember about Beasley during his first time around with the Heat, is he either didn't start as many games as he and some idiot "fans" thought he should, and he didn't react well to it on and off the court and he let that get in the way of his play... I am sure he is still the same cocky piece of shit he was back then, he will be very receptive to the small role, if any he has on this team - even in camp/preseason, and hopefully that will be enough for the team to quickly get rid of him.

He will for sure be a distraction once games get going because he won't be happy with his role. I know going into training camp teams are allowed to have a certain number of players, but whether it is washed up vets or unproven youngsters, this roster spot can go to any of them as opposed to this waste of human life.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley should be a good move. Oden is more of a risk with his gimpy knees so I'd say signing Beasley is a better proposition. Who else do you have out there in free agency that wont contribute more than beasley?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Heat, this may only be his second chance but overall - He has had 3 or 4 chances already if not more.
It is too bad the league has not looked into his situation and punished him accordingly each time, otherwise he would probably out of the league by now and in a crackhouse where he belongs.

Drama. Rules are rules. You can't change them based on your liking or disliking of a player.

There is a big risk involved. There will be a time that he screws up, but the Heat should never even allow themselves for that situation to even come around - This team already gets enough attention - both for good and bad reasons -
There is no need to add to it by adding this scrub who is sure to do something stupid to draw negative attention to himself and become a distraction to the team... Soon thereafter the team may get rid of him, but it is something that isn't necessary in the first place.

So once again you are smarter then Riley? You don't think Riley and Beasley had a long talk before this agreement was accepted?

One thing I remember about Beasley during his first time around with the Heat, is he either didn't start as many games as he and some idiot "fans" thought he should, and he didn't react well to it on and off the court and he let that get in the way of his play

TOTALLY different situation this time. At that time, Beasley was the #2 pick in the NBA draft.
The Heat was coming off of a 15 win season and the fans were excited to see their new, what they hoped to be 2nd best player.

... I am sure he is still the same cocky piece of shit he was back then,

Beasley was never cocky. You have no clue what you are talking about.
His role was never defined because the Heat had U.D.. It forced the Heat to try to play them both out of position at times.
As I pointed out to you earlier, Beasley was WELL LIKED by the Heat players and Riley, as well as the coaches.
IF that wasn't the case, he wouldn't be back here. Would he?

he will be very receptive to the small role, if any he has on this team - even in camp/preseason, and hopefully that will be enough for the team to quickly get rid of him.

He will for sure be a distraction once games get going because he won't be happy with his role. I know going into training camp teams are allowed to have a certain number of players, but whether it is washed up vets or unproven youngsters, this roster spot can go to any of them as opposed to this waste of human life.

So, you don't think Beasley understands why he was brought here and what his role will be?
Are you that naïve?
I think our starting SF is named LeBron James.
I think Beasley knows he won't be starting on most nights!

Remember when Miller always started when Wade didn't play last year?
Beasley can start in those games if Spoelstra wants.
He can find a way to mix and match him for 20 minutes a game to keep scorers on the floor and play an up tempo game when he chooses.

This really isn't that hard.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you don't think Beasley understands why he was brought here and what his role will be?
Are you that naïve?

That idiot understand nothing in life outside of how to smoke weed.

He can find a way to mix and match him for 20 minutes a game to keep scorers on the floor and play an up tempo game when he chooses.

Only players that can help you on one end of the court or the other, if not both - are guys you use in those mix-and-match situations - Like the scrub Shane Battier - Michael Crackhead Bust Beasley is a one-dimensional player, who can at best just do something on one end of the court - People still think he has what it takes to be an SF, but he is more of a PF - He was a lot like Shane in his first go-round with the Heat... Refusing to take it inside and just settling for outside shots even when he missed them time and again - Not to mention non-existent defense and the fact that he is soft... I say he is a PF because he has the body of one, he does have the athleticism of an SF but he is/was too soft to ever take it inside and make himself useful.

Lebron, Wade should only sit out games if injured severly and they can't go at all - They need to quit that soft shit of not playing in a game and claiming injuries just for the sake of sitting games as they did so much of last season and their entire careers while on this team. If Beasley ever sees the floors, it should never be as a starter, no matter the circumstances - unless the Heat want to throw away the game. He should only ever see minutes in garbage time.. Suits trash like him best.