• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Off Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it differently.
How could he say he wants the best overall situation which would include several variables from other franchises/cities that he knows nothing about on one hand, and then say he wants to sign day 1 on the other?

Seems it would take time to analyze any situation other then here.

And, if Riley is going to offer the max, then why wait for others to offer first?

I want him here unless his reason for leaving is he doesn't like the tough love, work ethic, structure, etc..
If hes looking to get the cash then quit caring/trying/improving, then let it be elsewhere.

If Whiteside can't stay in his lane and refuses to grow his game, I'm just fine with him leaving. I think next season's going to be a wash anyway. Let's focus on getting quality players in here and continue to develop Richardson and Winslow.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any reason why they think that is what Pat wants?

Ethan predicted Dallas.
Other guy predicted Lakers.
3rd guy predicted Heat at 51% chance.
They basically said it was their gut feelings after speaking with or hearing Whiteside speak.

As far as Riley, I think it is strictly their opinion vs anything he's publicly said.

I can tell you with pretty certainty, that Riley isn't publicly tipping his hand, or at least with the truth.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Whiteside can't stay in his lane and refuses to grow his game, I'm just fine with him leaving. I think next season's going to be a wash anyway. Let's focus on getting quality players in here and continue to develop Richardson and Winslow.

I'm really thinking no Bosh, and agree the season is prob going to be pretty much a waste, and one we might hope ends up like '15 so we get another lottery pick.

If you ask me yes or no on Whiteside, I say yes, because I think he could be the difference maker a couple years down the road IF he continues to do all the right things.

If he leaves, I'll wish him the best, but won't lose a ton of sleep knowing we'll be flush with cap space in '17.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really thinking no Bosh, and agree the season is prob going to be pretty much a waste, and one we might hope ends up like '15 so we get another lottery pick.

If you ask me yes or no on Whiteside, I say yes, because I think he could be the difference maker a couple years down the road IF he continues to do all the right things.

If he leaves, I'll wish him the best, but won't lose a ton of sleep knowing we'll be flush with cap space in '17.

Giving up on the season before a single off-season move is even made... Id say thats bold, but I think you were one of the many to give up on last season early on as well - so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Hopefully we get this Hassan crap solved one way or another asap because it apparently has everyones panties in a tight bunch.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really giving up on the season before free agency even begin? Wow

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up on the season before a single off-season move is even made... Id say thats bold, but I think you were one of the many to give up on last season early on as well - so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Hopefully we get this Hassan crap solved one way or another asap because it apparently has everyones panties in a tight bunch.

Are we really giving up on the season before free agency even begin? Wow

Since when is discussion giving up?
My mindset was if A, B, and C happen.
Hopefully it doesn't.

I just don't see Bosh being cleared, which probably leads to a domino effect of negatives.
Pretty hard to overcome that much of your salary cap sitting on the bench or convince top FA that you can win now.

Last edited:

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ORL PF Andrew Nicholson will be a UFA. He'd be good for 15-20 minutes a night.

Something just has to be done about Bosh. And if Wade ever wanted to go somewhere else to win another title, I wouldn't mind. I think the reset button should be hit, but it's hard when you have a 34-year old getting a new max contract and another max contract who may never see the floor again. There should be franchise players available in the first few picks of a supposedly 2017 draft. It also could behoove us to trade to get another first round pick, around No. 15 or so.

Between a rock and a hard place for sure.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when is discussion giving up?
My mindset was if A, B, and C happen.
Hopefully it doesn't.

I just don't see Bosh being cleared, which probably leads to a domino effect of negatives.
Pretty hard to overcome that much of your salary cap sitting on the bench or convince top FA that you can win now.

We'll see what Pat have plan.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA free agency primer: The biggest need and key targets for all 30 teams

You guys know how the finances work better than I do - so you will tell me if its even possible or not - I get the feeling the Heat will still be able to make a splash in FA -- along with being able to keep Hassan, throwing money at Wade again - and retaining CB, assuming he is cleared to play.

As always, In Riles I trust

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA free agency primer: The biggest need and key targets for all 30 teams

You guys know how the finances work better than I do - so you will tell me if its even possible or not - I get the feeling the Heat will still be able to make a splash in FA -- along with being able to keep Hassan, throwing money at Wade again - and retaining CB, assuming he is cleared to play.

As always, In Riles I trust

Sure, 3 max contracts are possible, but you won't have many quality players around them.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, 3 max contracts are possible, but you won't have many quality players around them.

Which has been an all too common theme and problem for this team for too long already

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade mulls exit as Heat talks stall, sources say

Maybe the Heat are giving him that talk some have wanted the team to have with UD about taking on a lesser role or calling it quits?

He has done a lot for the Heat - the Heat have done the same for him - if they can't meet in the middle - maybe its time to say bye...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, there could be nothing to this - which is where I am leaning towards most

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year max is fine.
Long term, no way.

It depends on your meaning of long term deal. He's turning 35 in January. I would be ok with a 3 year deal but would prefer a 2 year deal but no way should he get nor expect a 4 or 5 year deal at his age.