• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Off Season Thread

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Of course lebron could not win gracefully and had to take a cheap shot at Miami. Back to hating that POS

He is who he is......a great player with a huge ego who wants to do things his way. If someone does not fall in line, then he just moves on. Riley called him out pretty good and Lebron bit his tongue until now. Amazing he harbors such I'll will or resentment so long. He laughed last.

We take it along with the 4 great years we got. We will always be able to say that Lebron had not won a single finals game until he came to Miami and learned what it took. Perhaps, he never wins a title if he does not come here first. He will NEVER be able to say otherwise.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget that Nowitzki choked on his free throws down the stretch and that awful timeout by the Mavs. Wade got calls. No doubt. But Dallas choked away their shots. And Wade WAS fouled.

Some of the Mavs players blasted at the refs for not questioning them if they wanted to take a time out. Like it's the refs job to track the situation for you.

Joey Crawford even came out and said - "are you sure you want to take a timeout now?" And they confirmed that they did.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Finally a non-queen james centric ask ira/post by Ira worthy of posting and talking

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i read Haslem doesnt want to retire. he wants to play 2-3 more years. i know this team is about loyalty, but its time to let Haslem go. he offers nothing to this team but a locker room presence. You dont need to be keeping him on the books for that. they need to sit down with him and tell him to either retire or they have to let him go. He isnt even worth the vet minimum anymore.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i read Haslem doesnt want to retire. he wants to play 2-3 more years. i know this team is about loyalty, but its time to let Haslem go. he offers nothing to this team but a locker room presence. You dont need to be keeping him on the books for that. they need to sit down with him and tell him to either retire or they have to let him go. He isnt even worth the vet minimum anymore.

Read the same thing. The loyalty factor as you pointed out -- is very important for this organization. They will sit and talk -- eventually, they will agree to keep him on the team for another season or two and retires when he wishes. They wouldn't give him the " retire or we have to let you go talk" no reason to. They wouldn't do it to Wade for the same reasons , under similar circumstances -- People would throw a fit if that happened.

If they are able to fill their roster needs without having to do away with UD, the Heat will find a way. If for some reason his presence on the roster keeps them from filling out the roster to their liking - then they may do with him as your hoping. But I see it as unlikely. They will at least let him stay another season.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UD is going to be a vet. minimum player from here on out. Usually the 14th and 15th guys on the bench don't play anyway. Might as well have a locker room presence player.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UD is going to be a vet. minimum player from here on out. Usually the 14th and 15th guys on the bench don't play anyway. Might as well have a locker room presence player.

Agreed. Most , if not every team has a locker-room presence guy that is way past his time but they aren't willing to force him out so they let him stick around - UD is that guy for us.

BTW, just when you think Derrick Rose career couldn't get worse -- his career has taken an ugly turn by being traded to the Knicks. So sad.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We do have an assistant coaching position available, IJS.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty happy we did not have a pick in this draft. This shit is weak. I'll take my chances with finding some undrafted kid who could make it on our team as the 14th or 15th man and develop in the D-League

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a weak draft - just not as deep. That will come next season.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would depend on what Richardson's ceiling is as a PG and how much he has developed. Cousins is the better player, although I do sometimes question chemistry issues with him. Then again, the Kings have to be by far the most dysfunctional and poorly ran franchises in the NBA>

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would depend on what Richardson's ceiling is as a PG and how much he has developed. Cousins is the better player, although I do sometimes question chemistry issues with him. Then again, the Kings have to be by far the most dysfunctional and poorly ran franchises in the NBA>

You forget about Bumpy Johnson. With Richardson and Johnson we have solid PG play. We don't really need Dragic and his huge contract. You move Dragic for Cousins, then you don't need to overpay Whiteside. I also would think a move like that would up our position in KDs mind, although that is pure speculation on my part.

Richardson/Wade/Deng/KD/Cousins .... That is a fucking beast starting 5.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question with Cousins will always be is the headache worth the risk?

On Richardson, defensively -- the sky is the limit. Offensively, I get the feeling he has just about reached his ceiling. Hoping for more but won't hold my breath.