• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat @ New York Knicks Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK KNICKS
TV: Sun Sports (Eric Reid, Tony Fiorentino, Jason Jackson); ESPN Radio: FM 104.3/AM 790 & The HEAT Radio Network (Mike Inglis) Spanish Radio: WAQI 710AM (José Pañeda)
Series Notes: The HEAT and Knicks meet for the second of four match-ups this season. Earlier this season, the Knicks beat Miami, 102-92, in NY on 1/9. Last season, the Knicks won the season-series, 3-1. The HEAT is 43-59 all-time versus the Knicks in the regular season, including 18-34 in games played in New York and 25-25 in games played in Miami.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accept what is and forget what was. ...words of advice for idiots who still support the scrub aka Shane Battier . He is garbage ... Accept it . He was good . Forget it .

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Settle down Paula....can't blame the OKC loss on him!

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do I ignore the Pidgeon? His posts are tiring.

MoeJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen or Battier

While I understand the grief that Battier must endure, I'm not sure I understand how Ray Allen simply gets a free ride. Formerly a great player by all yardsticks, this 34% 3-pt shooter now has the worst percentage on the team among players who have attempted one, except of course for that long range sharpshooter, Chris Anderson. Is this all OK because he hit the big shot last season?

I mean tell me if I'm wrong, he's out there for that single reason, to spread the floor and knock down 3's. Please don't tell me it is for his rebounding, defense (once excellent in his prime), and especially not his ball-handling. When he does try to create, I simply wince as I know a turnover followed by a jailbreak the other way is looming.

He was a great player, a great shooter, perhaps a hall of famer. Just as surely, he is now toast. He is killing this team, and I'm open to hear just how he is helping aside from his shooting. As to his shooting, his % from the 3-pt line was not good last year, is worse this year, and the drop off since the beginning of the season has been absolutely dramatic! Spoelstra plays right into this by constantly giving him big minutes. I mean he can't even contend with the younger and quicker guards, on offense or defense.

If you want to make a case that he is still clutch, then fine, play him the last 6 minutes of each game "only". At his age and state of deterioration, 6 minutes should be plenty.

I think he was one of the NBA's great guards, at both ends of the floor. But consider that my all time favorite player is Bill Russell. However, I don't think the Heat should now acquire him and set him up in the rotation for 30 minutes. At some point if Allen can't see it himself, then the coaching staff has to step in and identify this evolution. I'd really like to see the Heat win a 3rd championship; just know in my heart it won't happen with Allen going 30 minutes in the playoffs, when he is already completely worn down.

And I have some bad news for the "floor spreading theorists". He isn't doing it. He is no longer feared by any means. Why do you think he gets so many open looks now? Watch the next game closely, focusing on R.A.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I understand the grief that Battier must endure, I'm not sure I understand how Ray Allen simply gets a free ride. Formerly a great player by all yardsticks, this 34% 3-pt shooter now has the worst percentage on the team among players who have attempted one, except of course for that long range sharpshooter, Chris Anderson. Is this all OK because he hit the big shot last season?

As to Ray Allen, it isnt that he gets a free pass but it has more to do with track-record. Allen has a track-record of being a great shooter, especially from 3 - so there is always faith in him to get it together at some point.

As to your other comment about how Ray has ruined his chances of getting into the HOF - Again, I say, track record. No matter what happens from this point on with him, his legacy was set a long time ago - He is without a doubt still a worthy first-ballot HOF - if you think otherwise, you have a right to think as such but it borders on ignorant to think as such.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, CB makes it to the ASG but as a reserved while the diva and LeQueen, which is how he played last night, make it as starters … which again shows everything that is wrong with the NBA ASG voting system. Of all 3, CB shouldve been the lone starter for the Heat - he earned it… Not the other two, especially not diva wade who likes to sit out games as he pleases.

MoeJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to your other comment about how Ray has ruined his chances of getting into the HOF - Again, I say, track record. No matter what happens from this point on with him, his legacy was set a long time ago - He is without a doubt still a worthy first-ballot HOF - if you think otherwise, you have a right to think as such but it borders on ignorant to think as such.[/QUOTE]

There is absolutely no hint anywhere in my post regarding him having ruined his chances for the HOF. As far as the track record, Bill Russell had a pretty fair one, wouldn't you say. Let's get him activated. I'd have to say that you really weren't able to grasp the concept of my "ignorant" post.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do I ignore the Pidgeon? His posts are tiring.

Click on user CP and once you're there look on your left hand side. You should see something that say edit ignore list and you would choose that and add his name

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MoeJoe do NOT listen Paola but glad to have you aboard. We been needing more knowledgeable Heat fans on our board.

I will respond to your post tmr. Its 130 here and I have to be up by 615 lol

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum will reportedly sign with the pacers . Hmm, maybe the heat should not have let Joel go that easily .. They don't have as much depth now at the position considering oden is still a wildcard ... Should've let if of the useless bum aka Shane Battier ... That would have been a gain rather than a loss for the heat

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Ira Winderman knows Shane Battier is a useless scrub - He wont say it explicitly, of course - But he knows damn well he is useless. Here is a quote that proves it:
Knicks' plan, according to Woodson, is to have J.R. Smith start defensively on LeBron, Melo on Battier. Basically, allows Melo to rest on D.

Anyone being guarded by the scrub or guarding the scrub is “resting” as Ira states. Further proof of how useless the scrub is. Ira is catching on, hopefully everyone else does as well.

In other news, the diva is expected to play tonight but with him anything is possible.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Ethan Skolnick, now of Bleacher Report, The diva says he “will respect that fans voted him in as a starter and participate as such in the game.

He will sit out as many games of the ones that count as possible, but wont sit out the most meaningless game of the year… That has diva wade written all over it.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The diva will play - sadly, the scrub is still starting. James Jones and Roger Mason Jr. inactive.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane having a fluke of a game, of course - Evidence is in that unforced turnover he just committed. Since he left Duke, his career has been a fluke.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the scrub fouls Melo shooting a 3 - only the scrub would do that