• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Game Thread for December/January

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo -- the thing that gets me about you is just how much you dog people like Wade and Shane. Champions for your Miami Heat. Most of us will call out bad performances because they happen and no one is perfect, but it is almost like you have some disdain for the man who won you 3 Championships, got you to 5 finals and got you to 6 conference finals, 7 divisional playoff series in his tenure with your Miami Heat.

Thats where your wrong and your ignorance continues to prevail. I have given D-Wade his due when he has earned it - and given him shit when he has earned it. You and I just hold him to different standards - such is life. As for Scrub Battier - he was my favorite player as a Duke Blue Devil even though I am a Canes fan - but he has been useless in the NBA. I am more than thankful for what D-Wade has done for this organization. I have said it time and again - but its certain things about him that have become too much of a constant that I could do without and will call him out on it whenever I please.

This is where your ignorance prevails, you only notice when I say something bad of the guy because it gets your butt hurt. I actually praised him a couple times early in this game but it was short-lived because he didn't take long for him to start to stink it up.

But as I have told others - we can agree to disagree and move on. My opinion alone - my exchanges with others in here has greatly improved even in disagreements - you are the only who gets worked up and says stupid shit. Calm the fuck down. Its not that serious.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
LOL. We can agree to disagree. Not mad at all. Was just asking a question. I think you give Wade due as much as I give Spolestra due. It is all good brother. Hate that we all had higher expectations although mine were tempered a bit by the computers that projected a sub 500 team.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, we did not get to 80 but we held them under 92!!! We also did not lose by the 20 I predicted. Its all good!! Good night.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you this staff was offensively challenged. Query...does Riley go for broke in free agency by chance and gut this team?

This isn't the NFL . There is no coordinator in the NBA. Dont know where you get this whole thing about the staff being offensively challenged. This has nothing to do with the staff - it has nothing to do with Spo when it comes to the current staff - its just the philosophy of this organization as its been for years - Its a Riley issue. We saw it when he made a come back to the bench some years ago to help the Heat turn things around - he just couldn't adjust his style to what the game had transitioned to. And he has obviously failed to adjust the teams philosophy accordingly.

You talk about me " dogging" players simply because it butt hurts you that I am critical of your off - yet you do the same towards the coaching staff/front office - never once do you hold the players, or your BFF accountable. NOT ONCE. That is probably the problem with this team, a lack of self-accountability -- and just too much excuse searching.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mine were tempered a bit by the computers that projected a sub 500 team.

Mine are tempered by reality. Not some fucking computers. I think thats where we differ, you must think your playing PS4 when you watch a Heat game and you think Spo is out there with a control directing 5 players every move - thats where you need to wake up bro - this is real life. These guys move and do freely.

But again, my expectations are based on reality. And reality is we lost this game - we now move on to tomorrow and hope for the best. This one game won't make or break our season. They don't hand out the Larry O'Brien trophy after 42 games. Nor after 1 game between Oct/Nov/April - lots of game to go. Lots can still happen and we have yet to see what this team has when at full strength

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And D-Wade ends the game with that 2 points 5 turnover in 21 minutes stellar stat-line. The days of the Wade of old are far behind him and the Old Wade is just old already. A day closer to his final day as an NBA player

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And D-Wade ends the game with that 2 points 5 turnover in 21 minutes stellar stat-line. The days of the Wade of old are far behind him and the Old Wade is just old already. A day closer to his final day as an NBA player

Perhaps, he can take the videographer with him as well.....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, he can take the videographer with him as well.....

Here is another for you - Spo was the man assigned to work with Wade's offensive game when he came into the league - worked on that balance in his shot. Spo made him into the player he was until he became old and washed up. He has made that balance go to waste over the years by taking countless careless shots fishing for phantom fouls only to stay back complaining and not getting back on defense. Without Spo - he is nothing.

On to tomorrow night

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Comical...I guess Spo was with him when he took Marquette to the final 4?! Why Wade goes to his college coach and not the video man when he was looking for advice during the finals runs with Lebron. You make me laugh Paolo. Also, interesting that NBA personnel turning on Winslow and stating that Van Gundy took the right player in Stanley Johnson since Winslow is challenged offensively and his "shot is broken". Also, don't compare him to Leonard. For one, he will never get the coaching Leonard gets unless Riley comes back or we get a new coach or he goes back to college.

Last edited:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comical...I guess Spo was with him when he took Marquette to the final 4?! Why Wade goes to his college coach and not the video man when he was looking for advice during the finals runs with Lebron. You make me laugh Paolo. Also, interesting that NBA personnel turning on Winslow and stating that Van Gundy took the right player in Stanley Johnson since Winslow is challenged offensively and his "shot is broken". Also, don't compare him to Leonard. For one, he will never get the coaching Leonard gets unless Riley comes back or we get a new coach or he goes back to college.

Moral support has often been noted as the reason for Wade going back to Tom Crean. A guy he looked/looks at as a father figure - and to speak to his players. Has more to do with off the court than on-court stuff. If you were aware of the facts rather than spitting nonsense, you'd know.

You once again missed the point on something I said. I made the Winslow-Leonard comparison because Leonard didn't do much at first offensively when he came into the league and had to find his niche on the offensive side - but his work ethic, the coaching and the right teammates surrounding him has helped his development - the same can be said about Winslow soon enough - he is in the right organization to groom him - has quality coaches - and proven players around him he can look to. Probably should listen less to Wade and more to the other guys on the team though - maybe thats why he is struggling offensively - listening too much to Wade who he matched in scoring tonight.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Rudy Gobert slams Hassan in win...."You can have good stats sometime but still hurt your team.....numbers do lie sometimes #onlypeoplethatknowthegameunderstandthat" This after his double/double. Interesting. I do think that there have been many games where Hassan has strong stats but the other team's centers have outplayed him. See Knicks, Nets, and even his game. Trouble in Heat land..

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudy Gobert slams Hassan in win...."You can have good stats sometime but still hurt your team.....numbers do lie sometimes #onlypeoplethatknowthegameunderstandthat" This after his double/double. Interesting. I do think that there have been many games where Hassan has strong stats but the other team's centers have outplayed him. See Knicks, Nets, and even his game. Trouble in Heat land..

How does what an opposing player say means trouble in heat land? I don't heat players really give a fuck what a player on another team has to say about Hassan. In addition to this considering the offense is not run through Hassan, I don't see how Hassan is hurting the team by continuing to produce. Also please tell me when grabbing rebounds/blocking shots have ever hurt a team?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How does what an opposing player say means trouble in heat land? I don't heat players really give a fuck what a player on another team has to say about Hassan. In addition to this considering the offense is not run through Hassan, I don't see how Hassan is hurting the team by continuing to produce. Also please tell me when grabbing rebounds/blocking shots have ever hurt a team?

Was just sharing what some think of Hassan. It is a board to share infomation. I will tell you that in many games, the other team's centers have outplayed him. He and Bosh were our only brightspots.

Trouble in Heat land just refers to our present situation with 2 missing point guards, Wade playing hurt, McRoberts MIA, Green in a slump, Winslow hitting he rookie wall, etc..

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also you stated that there have been many games where Hassan had strong states but the other teams centers outplayed him and cited the Knicks, Nets, and Bucks game as your reference.

In the Knicks game, he had 8 points and 8 rebounds. Don't think anyone including Hassan himself will say he played well in that game. The Nets game is your only legit argument. Tonight I don't think there is anyone who would say Monroe played better than Whiteside

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just sharing what some think of Hassan. It is a board to share infomation. I will tell you that in many games, the other team's centers have outplayed him. He and Bosh were our only brightspots.

Trouble in Heat land just refers to our present situation with 2 missing point guards, Wade playing hurt, McRoberts MIA, Green in a slump, Winslow hitting he rookie wall, etc..

Ok understandable. You tied into the same paragraph so I thought you were saying Gobert comments meant trouble in heat land.

We need Dragic and/or Beno ASAP. McRoberts I have washed my hands with him. I would hope he is gone in a deal for a perimeter player ASAP

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as for Gobert, he kind of needs to mind his own fucking business and worry about his team who is several games under .500

Funny how he make this comment after a Heat L right. Why didn't he make this comment Friday night? To be quite frank, I think making these comments after a Heat loss shows the pussy that he really is

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Also you stated that there have been many games where Hassan had strong states but the other teams centers outplayed him and cited the Knicks, Nets, and Bucks game as your reference.

In the Knicks game, he had 8 points and 8 rebounds. Don't think anyone including Hassan himself will say he played well in that game. The Nets game is your only legit argument. Tonight I don't think there is anyone who would say Monroe played better than Whiteside

What about the Clippers game when Aldrich went off on him? I think the Jazz and Bucks neutralized him outside of garbage time and may have outplayed him at the center position when you consider both sides of the floor and when the game was in the balnce.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And as for Gobert, he kind of needs to mind his own fucking business and worry about his team who is several games under .500

Funny how he make this comment after a Heat L right. Why didn't he make this comment Friday night? To be quite frank, I think making these comments after a Heat loss shows the pussy that he really is

Well, he could have made it after they beat us, but that would be gloating. Just all in good fun. Seems like some around the league don't dig him. Such is life.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the Clippers game when Aldrich went off on him? I think the Jazz and Bucks neutralized him outside of garbage time and may have outplayed him at the center position when you consider both sides of the floor and when the game was in the balnce.

Aldrich did not go off on him if you watched the game. Almost all of Aldrich points game at the start of both halves when Bosh was guarding him. That was the game where Hassan game off the bench. Check the game log. Guarantee 12-15 of his points came before Whiteside checked in.