• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Game Thread for December/January

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have enough healthy bodies to even consider it IMO.

Thats what I said. I just meant in a perfect world, a stint down there would be most helpful to him

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASK IRA: Do Heat have to put tax aside and immediately reach for perimeter help?

Said this after the Mario Chalmers - even though Udrih Has helped the team.

FUCK this tax shit. Do what you can to improve THIS team NOW and worry about the future when it comes. Don't sacrifice the present for all the unknowns of the future. Just because this isn't a sure fire championship season doesn't mean the entire season should be neglected by the organization. Doesn't matter if its perimeter or interior help, the Heat need to make a move that helps this team and do it NOW. To do otherwise would be unjust by the organization - the blame starts at the top with the front office - now much a coach can do if not given enough weapons as far as quantity and quality.

The ball is on Riles court - he has to do something to help this team now. Lets see what he does

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So much for even being a little bit healthy before next game

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no words for McRoberts. There is no reason for him to be on this roster by the trading deadline

Until he makes his return with his new look and hits the game winners of them all

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
ASK IRA: Do Heat have to put tax aside and immediately reach for perimeter help?

Said this after the Mario Chalmers - even though Udrih Has helped the team.

FUCK this tax shit. Do what you can to improve THIS team NOW and worry about the future when it comes. Don't sacrifice the present for all the unknowns of the future. Just because this isn't a sure fire championship season doesn't mean the entire season should be neglected by the organization. Doesn't matter if its perimeter or interior help, the Heat need to make a move that helps this team and do it NOW. To do otherwise would be unjust by the organization - the blame starts at the top with the front office - now much a coach can do if not given enough weapons as far as quantity and quality.

The ball is on Riles court - he has to do something to help this team now. Lets see what he does

Not sure, it is Riley's decision. I think it is more the Arison's decision. They have made a ton of money on the Heat from an investment perspective (bought for 30 million and may now be worth north of $1.2 billion) but still spending millions is not easy for a wise business person when there is likely little shot of winning a championship this year with the likes of the Spurs, Warriors and Cavs as constructed.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may not be Riles decision, or final decision but he has a great deal of say -- Which I believe
leads Arison to often agree with whatever Riles suggest to him as being best for the team.

Lets see what happens, after last season, they said they wanted to bounce back this season -- that doesn't necessarily mean a championship at seasons end -- quite simply a playoff birth would be good enough and whatever happens after is just extra. Now, its time for Riley and the Heat front office to show that they do in fact want this eason to be a bounce back season -- or if they are just going to let it slip away.

On a bright note, we haven't slipped too much in the standings even with the recent struggles - we all knew this would be a rough patch in the season. Now they just need to find a way to bounce back in the best way possible - getting a little healthier will help.

As Ira mentioned last night after the game, a healthy starting lineup of Goran, Wade, Deng, CB and Hassan may not be enough for the Heat to reach the ultimate goal but it should be good enough to get a lot further than last season.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on an even brighter note, Warriors giving it to Queen James Cavs in the ass in a very relentless fashion. Great stuff.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good day for Miami as Washington, Detroit, Orlando, and Boston all lose

As always, an off night for the Heat always turns out better than the day they actually play. Lets hope we can pull one out tonight. Bucks always play us tough - but they are a very undisciplined team if things don't go their way in parts of the game -- as they have shown recently - so, if the Heat can get to them early then maybe we can pull it off.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge Heat fan here. In analyzing the Heat this season, I believe the offense needs to be run through Chris Bosh, not Dwyane Wade. We are better when we attack off of Hassan Whiteside's rebounds in the open court. We do not have the shooters to play against a set defense all game. We need to get Goran Dragic and our other athletes in the open court, such as Gerald Green, Justise Winslow, Tyler Johnson to get easy buckets. The pick and roll in the fourth quarters with Wade and whoever needs to stop in the half court. We need to run our offense that gets us leads in the first half so we won't lose them in the second half. -- Paul, Detroit.
A: I've asked Erik Spoelstra about this and he says most teams change their approach late in games, when the defense tightens. But I do agree that the Heat can be far too predictable. And you're never going to have much in the way of weak-side action when you don't have the type of shooting needed to space the floor. But, in general, I agree about going before the defense sets. Spoelstra often can be seen exhorting his players. And yet, in the end, they walk the ball up, right into the teeth of the opposing defense. There needs to be a collective mindset of taking the ball and attacking, and not always waiting for the Wade bailout offense

Had to highlight this question-answer. For one, it is a great question with some good suggestions. And then the always great, informative answer from Ira. Some particular clown on this board , who only comes in here when things are bad, talks as though this is a video game out there and as if Spo is the one controlling their every movement. Criticizing the coaching staff saying they don't enough for this team to pick up the pace. As Ira mentioned here, Spo can often be seen directing them to push the pace but the players just don't do it -- especially so when the ball is in the hands of Wade running the offense.

This issue is on the players. It seems like when they often have the chance to take advantage of something, they just take a step back on it and pass it up. This team being up there in age for the most part and being banged up is not an excuse for this -- they need to take on the challenge and attack.

Limited as the options may be, I expect our supporting cast to play a little better tonight and should be enough to compliment the starters to a win