• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphns - NE Cheatriots Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our season is almost virtually over - A win would give the Fins one more game of false hope - or stick a nail on the coffin for the season

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over especially losing another player in the secondary. How can you lose 4 of your top 6 and survive? Also Thomas who backed up the safeties it's crazy when you think about it...I'm just interested to see if they fight or just tank now. I'd prefer fight but one more good draft will set them up for years as they are close...

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over especially losing another player in the secondary. How can you lose 4 of your top 6 and survive? Also Thomas who backed up the safeties it's crazy when you think about it...I'm just interested to see if they fight or just tank now. I'd prefer fight but one more good draft will set them up for years as they are close...

You're right Flyer, its crazy how ridiculous its been with all the injuries to this team. As for this team being 'close'-no offense bro, but I'm so damn tired of this team being close. Really, I am. It seems like we're always 'close'.....seems like we ALWAYS come close to beating the best teams in the league. Always give the playoff teams a serious scare during the regular season. I'm gonna start referring to the Dolphins as the 15/16 team....they're just 1/16 away from being a legitimate contender. We're ALWAYS close.....for shits sake, just ONE year I would like to see Miami have the ability to finish games....ACTUALLY defeat good teams.....play GOOD football in December. Hopefully I'm still young enough to enjoy it if/when it ever happens.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning Dolphin Fans. Watched the Dolphins game yesterday just couldn't figure out who's got their finger on the switch. They came out and literally pushed the Ravens all over the field. Everyone took the television break at the end of the first quarter and the Dolphin team that was playing in the first quarter left the building. I'm not the kind of Patriot fan that wants to see the Fins lose. I really wanted the game in Foxboro to mean something for both teams. Now it's just a revenge game for the Patriots getting embarrassed in September.

As for injuries.....The Patriots have had more than their share over the past three years. Last year 11 starters were on the IR when the Pats took the field against the Broncos in the AFC Champ. game. For us, a disappointing loss. For a large number of others, they couldn't have been happier.
Finally, the Patriots have made it through a season with just a few injuries. Belichick has made sure that the backups are playing every week and when needed, they can play.

It started snowing here this morning. Supposed to be a Nor'easter and we could get 12-24" of the white stuff. Skies Sunday afternoon are supposed to be clear but cold. High temps in the mid 20s with a 20-25 mph breeze. The Patriots had to play in the sauna this past September and barely left Miami breathing. Now the Dolphins get to play in our weather............

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigKen, Your team has overcome injuries and kept winning division titles. The Pats deserve credit for their consistency. The Pats will be heavy favorites on Sunday against the Fins especially since it's in Foxborough. As I stated on another thread the Fins will have to play their best game of the year or they'll get dominated. The Pats have a complete team. That said, I still think that Denver has a good chance to win the AFC. They now have a good running game to go along with their prolific passing offense.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi FanofFins....

All that concerns me at this late stage of the season are the guys on teams that won't make the playoffs who are playing but only enough to avoid an injury. Especially the guys who will be free agents in 2015. They hurt their team and sometimes get someone else hurt.

The Noreaster we were supposed to get is now going to be frozen mist (fun driving anything), frozen rain and sleet and then straight rain. Only New York and Northern VT, NH and ME will get snow. No change in the forecast for Sunday. It's going to be cold and windy.

I'm hoping the Dolphins bring their A game.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigKen, Your team has overcome injuries and kept winning division titles. The Pats deserve credit for their consistency. The Pats will be heavy favorites on Sunday against the Fins especially since it's in Foxborough. As I stated on another thread the Fins will have to play their best game of the year or they'll get dominated. The Pats have a complete team. That said, I still think that Denver has a good chance to win the AFC. They now have a good running game to go along with their prolific passing offense.
.....and a very noticeable "gimpy" arm ,...buff. Could've tied that game if there was another 5- minutes left on the clock.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see them being heavy favorites. Division games are always tough and Miami stuck it to us pretty good in the first game. I haven't seen the line but I was figuring Pats by 5.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try as I might to lend some legitimacy to a thread with the title of "Miami Dolphns - NE Cheatriots Game Thread", I just can't do it.

Sorry Fins fans, but you have managed to beat out the Seahawks and Broncos fans for most homerific yokels on SH and that is no easy task.

Good luck on Sunday

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi FanofFins....

All that concerns me at this late stage of the season are the guys on teams that won't make the playoffs who are playing but only enough to avoid an injury. Especially the guys who will be free agents in 2015. They hurt their team and sometimes get someone else hurt.

The Noreaster we were supposed to get is now going to be frozen mist (fun driving anything), frozen rain and sleet and then straight rain. Only New York and Northern VT, NH and ME will get snow. No change in the forecast for Sunday. It's going to be cold and windy.

I also hope for no injuries for either team. The Fins will need to match the physicality of the Pats though to have a chance. The Pats have some real bruisers like Blount and Gronk and others that are tough to deal with.

I looked at the forecast for the game. It will be in the 40's which isn't too cold. For the Fins, I see the weather only effecting the kicking game on the windiest side of the field. The Fins don't throw deep much & Tannehill usually puts good zip on the ball so I think the Fins' passing game will be fine.

I expect a good effort from both teams. The Pats want to keep the top spot in the AFC. The Fins players and coaches still want to win. Some guys are playing for their jobs & the Fins still have a slight chance of making the playoffs.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them being heavy favorites. Division games are always tough and Miami stuck it to us pretty good in the first game. I haven't seen the line but I was figuring Pats by 5.

What I meant to say is there will be very few people picking the Dolphins this week. It's unbelievable how many key injuries the Fins have right now in the secondary. It would take a great pass rush from the Fins to make the game close. It's not impossible but it will be very challenging. Also the Fins had Albert at LT and James at RT in the first game. Another difference is CB Browner didn't play for the Pats & Gronk wasn't close to being healthy. For the Fins win it would take their best performance of the year. Good teams sometimes have to deal with adversity to be able to win. The Fins have bounced back from losses this year and played well so they could make it interesting.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and a very noticeable "gimpy" arm ,...buff. Could've tied that game if there was another 5- minutes left on the clock.

I'm not sure if you're saying Tannehill has a gimpy arm? He's made some strong throws this year. He just doesn't throw the deep ball often. It's better for him to not to try those throws unless he has time to make the throw when he's in the pocket. I think the Fins could use a few more plays where he rolls out of the pocket to make throws down the field. He has the athleticism for that.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi FanofFins....

From a very loyal Miami fan for a very long time I can tell you not to worry about any 'A' game Miami still have up their sleeve. You see, for what seems like forever, the Miami Dolphins ONLY play their 'A' game in October, sometimes November. Never, under ANY circumstances, will our 'A' game be played in a December game-REGARDLESS of whom we might be playing against. That could possibly confuse the entire NFL(and their fans) into thinking Miami ACTUALLY knows how to win the important games, which clearly they do not. So, 'Acuna Matata' (no worries)....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans have had good conversations during game week with Broncos, Lions, Packers, Bengals and Chiefs fans. Unfortunately there were no Colts, Chargers or Jets fans to chat with. But with that said, the only fans that are d-bags are Miami [please note the title of this thread]. fuck you all and have a nice day!!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about Peyton vs. the bills,......and how his arm strength is starting to "gimp" a little = hence their running game.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the pats are gonna be ~ fired~ up for this game Sunday = they're home, revenge- factor, maybe lockup another div. title/Sunday...!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the pats are gonna be ~ fired~ up for this game Sunday = they're home, revenge- factor, maybe lockup another div. title/Sunday...!

Absolutely.... I sure many harsh words were exchanged Week 1. Payback time. I don't know if it will be anything like a blowout but the Pats should win this.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning Dolphin Fans. Watched the Dolphins game yesterday just couldn't figure out who's got their finger on the switch. They came out and literally pushed the Ravens all over the field. Everyone took the television break at the end of the first quarter and the Dolphin team that was playing in the first quarter left the building. I'm not the kind of Patriot fan that wants to see the Fins lose. I really wanted the game in Foxboro to mean something for both teams. Now it's just a revenge game for the Patriots getting embarrassed in September.

As for injuries.....The Patriots have had more than their share over the past three years. Last year 11 starters were on the IR when the Pats took the field against the Broncos in the AFC Champ. game. For us, a disappointing loss. For a large number of others, they couldn't have been happier.
Finally, the Patriots have made it through a season with just a few injuries. Belichick has made sure that the backups are playing every week and when needed, they can play.

It started snowing here this morning. Supposed to be a Nor'easter and we could get 12-24" of the white stuff. Skies Sunday afternoon are supposed to be clear but cold. High temps in the mid 20s with a 20-25 mph breeze. The Patriots had to play in the sauna this past September and barely left Miami breathing. Now the Dolphins get to play in our weather............

At this stage the Fins simply don't have the depth to lose 5 players in their secondary not many teams do. Add in LT, G's and LB'ers it's been brutal. I never felt that the Fins were a super bowl contender but if healthy they could challenge for the playoffs. They need to improve their depth it's clear as day but at the same time they have been close now for two years and played with the contenders. I'm ok with that...but next year there should be no excuses if they make the right decisions.

As for Sunday I'm with FoF they would have to play twice as well as game 1 as back ups simply can't do what starters can. The pats are playing well and are pretty healthy. I don't think that you have to worry about 3 ineligible men down field calls either...haha! Let's hope for a good game...:suds:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans have had good conversations during game week with Broncos, Lions, Packers, Bengals and Chiefs fans. Unfortunately there were no Colts, Chargers or Jets fans to chat with. But with that said, the only fans that are d-bags are Miami [please note the title of this thread]. fuck you all and have a nice day!!

Wow you're friends with the broncos...after seeing some of the comments over the past few years that's pretty hard to believe. Some of you pats fans crack me up...especially racer that guys a piece of work.:noidea: