• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins vs Denver Broncos Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Davis is latest as out for the season. Our secondary takes a big hit.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting ridiculous they seem to be getting hit bad at the same positions. Oline and secondary....hopefully they can survive this.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at some of the game film from the Bills game - damn, we did get some favorable calls or no calls in that game.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at some of the game film from the Bills game - damn, we did get some favorable calls or no calls in that game.

Yea, there were a couple of calls that certainly were borderline. The 'safety' call absolutely was the right call, and anyone that is well versed with the ruling of intentional grounding clearly knows the refs got it right. As for some of the other calls, it happens. How many damn times in the past have the Fins been on the short end of the stick when it comes to bad calls? Perhaps because the Dolphins as an organization are definitely trending 'upwards', and with that comes some favorable calls. Any way you slice it, Miami OWNED the Bills in the second half. OWNED THEM. I don't wana hear whiny Buffalo fans talking about 'bad calls'. Miami is quickly becoming perhaps the best 'halftime adjustment' team in the NFL. Lets just hope they start quickly in Denver next week. Yikes.....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Wallace: Don't blame Bill Lazor; 'we have to execute better' - CBSSports.com

This why I like Mike Wallace - He has taken it upon himself to hold himself and make sure players hold themselves accountable since he got here. Its not on the coaches to execute on the field - its the players - Consistency has been a problem for our team - but once they take more accountability, the consistency will come

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Wallace not blaming Lazor. It seems to me that Lazor usually puts players in position to succeed. RE the Broncos game: It's a tough but not impossible game for the Fins to win. The Broncos are 2nd in the league at passing the ball, however, the Fins are 2nd in the league at stopping the pass, so that's strength vs strength. The Fins should be able to stop the run of the Broncos. If/when Denver becomes one dimensional that could lead to more pressure on Manning & that could lead to him making mistakes. The Broncos are the best in the league at stopping the run but that's also strength vs strength because the Fins are 7th in the league at running the ball.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Wallace not blaming Lazor. It seems to me that Lazor usually puts players in position to succeed. RE the Broncos game: It's a tough but not impossible game for the Fins to win. The Broncos are 2nd in the league at passing the ball, however, the Fins are 2nd in the league at stopping the pass, so that's strength vs strength. The Fins should be able to stop the run of the Broncos. If/when Denver becomes one dimensional that could lead to more pressure on Manning & that could lead to him making mistakes. The Broncos are the best in the league at stopping the run but that's also strength vs strength because the Fins are 7th in the league at running the ball.

Wow, I guess I didn't realize Denver was that solid at stopping the run. Its going to be really interesting to say the least. Miami is playing with 'house money', if you will. NOBODY is giving them half a chance to win, so all the pressure is on Denver. I really think Miami will at the very least put a good scare into the Broncos. How biblical will it be if the Fins go in and come out victorious? There's a great chance I might not remember the 'postgame celebration'.....just sayin'

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is good against the run because they are usually ahead in games doesn't mean that the Fins have to forget about it. They need to run and run lots!

I'm hoping that Fin will play because they need all of their secondary ready to go. Taylor getting some playing time last week will help him down the stretch but better to have him come in off the bench.

Also hope that the oline has time to figure things out. Good thing they get more than a week to do so. They won't face a tougher dline all year so things should be easier than last week moving forward which is a good thing!

Walker forgot about that meaningless game tonight if the patsies lose watch out things will get a lot tighter in the afce. Can't wait for that game in NE....

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is good against the run because they are usually ahead in games doesn't mean that the Fins have to forget about it. They need to run and run lots!

I'm hoping that Fin will play because they need all of their secondary ready to go. Taylor getting some playing time last week will help him down the stretch but better to have him come in off the bench.

Also hope that the oline has time to figure things out. Good thing they get more than a week to do so. They won't face a tougher dline all year so things should be easier than last week moving forward which is a good thing!

Walker forgot about that meaningless game tonight if the patsies lose watch out things will get a lot tighter in the afce. Can't wait for that game in NE....

That's funny...I was JUST thinking today about the game against Denver. I was thinking that we won't have near the pass rush to worry about, and I'm not entirely sure Denver has faced as good of a defense as Miami's thusfar this season. As for our O-line, RT worries me. If we get that area solved, our line will be just fine, as James looked very solid at LT. Miller should be feeling better, and we need to infuse a heavy dose of Charles Clay into our gameplan. The game in NE? Yikes.....looks like Gronk is DEFINITELY back, and I'm pretty sure Brady has that date circled in red. I think this team can win both games, just need to play mistake free football.....in BOTH halves.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think CB Taylor played well in the last game but it will be good for the Fins to have Finnegan back if he's ready. The Fins resigned Jalil Brown for depth. RE the Fins' running the ball against the Broncos: It's a tough task but the Fins have to try to be balanced on offense. When the Pats beat the Broncos, the Pats gained 66 yrds on 25 carries. That's not a lot of yards yet the Pats didn't abandon the run. L Miller is the type of RB that can be a game changer with his ability to get lots of yards with his speed. Williams looks to be an impact player with his runs & ability to catch the ball. Thomas had some nice runs also last week. I think that playing Dlines like what the Lions & Bills have will help the Fins to prepare for the pressure of the Broncos Dline.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny...I was JUST thinking today about the game against Denver. I was thinking that we won't have near the pass rush to worry about, and I'm not entirely sure Denver has faced as good of a defense as Miami's thusfar this season. As for our O-line, RT worries me. If we get that area solved, our line will be just fine, as James looked very solid at LT. Miller should be feeling better, and we need to infuse a heavy dose of Charles Clay into our gameplan. The game in NE? Yikes.....looks like Gronk is DEFINITELY back, and I'm pretty sure Brady has that date circled in red. I think this team can win both games, just need to play mistake free football.....in BOTH halves.

cards, one game at a time lol. I think you're right about the RT position. Thomas could have a tough time in the game but that's part of Lazor's job in picking the right plays. The quick pass attack, mixed in with some runs could move the ball & keep Tannehill upright. C Clay hasn't been as healthy this year as last year. Hopefully he'll be able to make some impact plays on Sunday. The Fins are stacked at WR. The Oline will just need to block well & the Fins have a good chance to win. I agree RE the Fins defense will be tough for the Broncos to deal with.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the 1 pm games, by virtue of some tie-breakers, the Fins are currently at the 6th seed with a chance to improve with other results later today - or, again, be on the outside looking in going into next week

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the 1 pm games, by virtue of some tie-breakers, the Fins are currently at the 6th seed with a chance to improve with other results later today - or, again, be on the outside looking in going into next week

I really think the close games against two pretty good teams in Detroit and Green Bay has given this team a lot of confidence. Not to mention not only FINALLY beating the Bills, but beating them in convincing fashion. I see them sweeping the Jets, beating Minny, winning a close game against the Ravens, and possibly beating either Denver or NE....but not both. 10 wins, possibly 11. A lot of the teams we are jockeying with for a playoff spot have pretty tough remaining schedules, so if we can at least beat the teams we are supposed to-which has been tough for this team to do over the last several years-we will be sitting just fine. I really think this team is coming together nicely at just the right time.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cards, one game at a time lol. I think you're right about the RT position. Thomas could have a tough time in the game but that's part of Lazor's job in picking the right plays. The quick pass attack, mixed in with some runs could move the ball & keep Tannehill upright. C Clay hasn't been as healthy this year as last year. Hopefully he'll be able to make some impact plays on Sunday. The Fins are stacked at WR. The Oline will just need to block well & the Fins have a good chance to win. I agree RE the Fins defense will be tough for the Broncos to deal with.

I believe you are correct about running the ball. If Miami can run the ball with success, then I think we can steal the game in Denver. Got to run the ball though....got to.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that we will see the Broncos after they had a underwhelming performance, to say the least, is not the best of signs for the Fins. They will be hungry to break out.

As always should be the case, we need to start fast and finish strong. Mistakes need to be limited - and we cant leave points/TDs off the board.

They will have time to heal probably, but the Broncos are banged up - their running game suffered today due to injuries - may do so again next week - but you dont want to put the ball in the hands of Peyton too much or you will get killed. That said, we need to make sure we make them one-dimensional on offense. If we can do that, our defense will have an easier time making stops.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that we will see the Broncos after they had a underwhelming performance, to say the least, is not the best of signs for the Fins. They will be hungry to break out.

As always should be the case, we need to start fast and finish strong. Mistakes need to be limited - and we cant leave points/TDs off the board.

They will have time to heal probably, but the Broncos are banged up - their running game suffered today due to injuries - may do so again next week - but you dont want to put the ball in the hands of Peyton too much or you will get killed. That said, we need to make sure we make them one-dimensional on offense. If we can do that, our defense will have an easier time making stops.

You definitely make a very valid point bro, Denver is gonna be piiiiiiisssssed after today....and normally that would not bode well for Miami. Ahem, HOWEVA.....Denver having lost 2 of their last 3 games might have fallen into a 'funk' if you will. I know this is probably wishful thinking, as Peyton is never fun to face regardless of location and/or injuries. Miami is certainly playing well, Denver is not. The key, IMO, will be Tannehill. I heard something the other day that I almost couldn't believe. Miami's record, when THill has a 90+ qbr, is 15-0. I mean,SERIOUSLY?! Now, I realize there are several factors that enable Ryan to have better performances(cough, running game, cough cough). So, Ryan really does need to continue playing at a very high level. If Miami is running the ball with any success at all, that will mean Manning is on the sidelines, and we all know how important that will be. On the surface, you very well could be right on.....facing Denver next wknd could be scary after their loss to the Rams. But I'm hoping NE gave St. Louis a 'blueprint' on how to beat the Broncs, and any possible doubt that has begun creeping into Manning's team can only help us. Our defense has got a tall task ahead, but they couldn't be playing with any more confidence than they have been the last few weeks. I'm thinking its gonna be a pretty close game, regardless of who wins.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 6-4 we are still in the thick of things with a lot of chances left out there to get even better and do more damage - but its painful to watch this cheatriots colts game and see the success of Jonas Gray, albeit against a rather suspect D - Jonas Gray is one that got away from the Fins... he was let go due to depth at the position at the time, we didnt value him enough - sad. He is a solid player.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Denver may come out pissed is actually the least of my concerns - I am most concerned that the Fins have a horrible habit of giving underwhelming performances after wins like we had in Buffalo this past week and the Chargers a few weeks ago.

Even if we got the win without doing it - I will always say that the Fins can help themselves most by choosing to receive the opening kick if they win the toss... They must be the first to throw the first punch - they must be the ones to dictate the flow of the game - if they can do this, they will win - if they dont - they will either get blown out or lose a close one. Remember that.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Denver may come out pissed is actually the least of my concerns - I am most concerned that the Fins have a horrible habit of giving underwhelming performances after wins like we had in Buffalo this past week and the Chargers a few weeks ago.

Even if we got the win without doing it - I will always say that the Fins can help themselves most by choosing to receive the opening kick if they win the toss... They must be the first to throw the first punch - they must be the ones to dictate the flow of the game - if they can do this, they will win - if they dont - they will either get blown out or lose a close one. Remember that.

Again, very good points all around. As far as opting to receive instead of the usual 'defer', its about 6 in one, half-dozen in the other for me. I mean, I totally get what you're saying as far as throwing the 1st punch and all...but our defense IS the meat and potatoes of this team, and putting your best unit on the field first isn't necessarily a bad plan. You couldn't be more correct about throwing the 1st punch regardless of which unit is on the field first. If it IS, in fact, our defense that comes out first, then Coyle needs to bring the heat big time. If its our offense, run it right down their throat.....then run it again. Keep running it until they are forced to crowd the box-then find a way to hit Wallace deep.