• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins - GB Packers Game Thread

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question on the upcoming game vs the Packers....does anybody here really believe this Miami team has a chance of winning this game? I mean....beating the Raiders (even as badly as we did) is NOT anything to brag about, regardless of Tannehills performance. With the groove that Rogers appears to be in, I can see the Pack running away with this one. I just can't see THill matching Rogers abilities/performance. 1 step closer to Philbin being canned, Pack wins 31-20. I hope its the other way around, but this team is yet to show it can truly compete w/good teams.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the NFL anything can happen we shall soon see but I'm not terrified of the pack.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the Cheatriots are up to something when a beyond classless organization like them does something as classy as honor Devon Still’s daughter... They wanted to create a distraction and it worked. The cheatriots will come down to earth again soon

Classless is your post!

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers going up against former OC, so he definitely knows the Packers offense.

Packers offense:
- Rodgers appears to be back to normal in last 2 games.
- Lacy finally got going vs Minnesota, took him several games last year as well, so hope that continues.
- Nelson and Cobb are accounting for > 50% of the receptions... that is not normal for Rodgers who typically spreads the ball. Boykin who entered season as #3 and played well last year started slow and is now hurt. No one at TE has stepped up to takeover for Finley´s departure and rookie Adams is progressing as a rookie typically does (slowly with learning the offense)
- OL is probably best it has been since 2010... Linsley has played well as rookie center... Bakhtiari is in 2nd year and playing better in pass protection but still rooms of improvement needed in run blocking. Sitton having solid year and Lang and Bulaga have been OK.

Packers defense:
- DL is a mess and biggest reason having troubles stopping the run... DL is getting pushed all over the place mostly because do not have true NT to hold the point. Daniels playing well... but pretty much by himself up front and is a bit undersized. Datone Jones has improved in 2nd year.. but more in pass rush and his minor injury.. unsure if plays vs Miami. Boyd is another 2nd year player also hurt. There is hope that Pennell who looked very good in preseason develops during season and by mid/end of season takes the NT position. Guion is NT for now.. but getting blown off the ball until last game vs Minnesota.

- LBS - Lattimore playing better than Jones who was terrible... Hawk is other ILB. Both are average at best. Clay and Peppers at OLB... their presence and Datone, Daniels, Neal and Perry who rotate has made for good pass rush by Packers standards.

- Defensive backs - probably strong point of Packers defense... have created turnovers and played well against some good WRs already, Green Bay #2 in opponent QBR this season so far. Tramon has been playing very well at CB and Shields after big contract has been decent... Heyward has been improving each week after being out all of last year and House is good physical CB. Burnett playing better at safety this year with competent safety beside him... Hyde and Dix have been playing the other safety and Dix is getting better each week.

Questions:
- Will Lacy be able to run the ball... or was Vikings game a blip and he is still struggling.
- Can Packers run defense stop Dolphins.. this season has been disaster so far until Vikings game.
- Heat in Miami... will Packers melt in 2nd half... especially defense if have to be on field and Packers are way behind in TOP as they have been in most games.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tainthappening,

That's interesting and objective analysis of the Packers. Thanks. I think one of the keys to the game will be the Fins' D Line vs the Packers O Line. Rodgers will pick a defense apart if he has too much time so the Fins will need to get pressure. OV took his game to another level last year with 11.5 sacks. OV and Wake are tied for the team lead with 2 sacks each so far this year. Miami can usually get pressure without bringing extra blitzers. Starks and Odrick can generate a pass rush right up the middle. When Miami does choose to blitz, QB's usually have little to no time. There is a lot of speed from Fins LB's when they blitz. Expect the Packers Oline to really be tested. The Fins aren't bad against the run either so it wont be easy for Lacy. Earl Mitchell is underrated. He gets a lot of tackles for the Fins on running plays. On offense the Fins are well balanced with explosive skill players. L Miller has WR speed as a RB. Wallace has multiple routes that he run & his speed is well known. Against Oakland the Fins receivers were seldom dropping the ball & Tannehill was very accurate. If the offense plays like that with B Lazor's schemes they can put up a lot of points. I watched the Packers vs the Vikings, the pass rush for the Packers was very good. Expect play calling that will look to take advantage of the very aggressive pass rush of the Packers. It should be a good game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami can usually get pressure without bringing extra blitzers.

This is how Lions beat Packers... rush 4 with success and drop 7 into coverage. Packers struggle when that happens... Packers could not rush the ball well either to bring another defender into the box so made for long day for Rodgers.

The other talking point I forgot is Philbin, he is very familiar with Packers offense (obviously).

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good analysis gents should be a good game looking forward to it! :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should expand on the DL woes for Packers because that is their biggest issue.

Packers are playing both 3-4 and 4-3 at times... only item that changes is Peppers, Perry or Neal (the elephant position as they call it) puts their hand in dirt and lines up at DE rather than OLB.

Honestly none of the schemes seem to be working well vs run... problem is Packers are really light in the middle of the defense NT/DT and ILBs... so they are getting pushed around alot. Some believe with more time in the 4-3 scheme maybe things improve... I am not sold on that yet, vs Bears, the Bears had 140+ yards rushing BEFORE contact... that is a lot of yards because people are getting pushed around.

What to watch for early... if your C/G´s are pushing around Packers NT/DT I expect a long day for Packers defense.

BJ Raji injury may have been more important in preseason than most Packers fans thought. He was not playing great... but definitely better than what Packers have now.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for gameday weather forecast - it is said that it will be extremly hot that day. It brings me to the keys to the game.

Starts with, Fins win coin toss, take the ball - no reason to differ under any circumstances, especially if your priority is to get the offense going early.

Once we gain the first possesion, we need to run our offense with some speed but also find a balance to make it a long scoring drive.

Get 7 not settle for a FG

Get our TE’s involved early

On defense, we need to tackle better. Create turnovers.

On special teams we need to have discipline on when to take the touch back, when to run and when to call fair catches. Field position will be as important as in any game with this opponent.

I know it hasnt happend much yet if at all because of our scheme , but our corners need not give their WRs much of a cushion if any - If we close the gap on them, we can avoid them gaining any kind of pace on offense.

Packers are a great team - they deserve all the praise and respect - but, if the Fins do things right - this game will be decided at least a little before crunch time.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question on the upcoming game vs the Packers....does anybody here really believe this Miami team has a chance of winning this game? I mean....beating the Raiders (even as badly as we did) is NOT anything to brag about, regardless of Tannehills performance. With the groove that Rogers appears to be in, I can see the Pack running away with this one. I just can't see THill matching Rogers abilities/performance. 1 step closer to Philbin being canned, Pack wins 31-20. I hope its the other way around, but this team is yet to show it can truly compete w/good teams.

Fins are long shot to win this game. I think the D will get scored on and Tannakill will have issues and/or to conservative play calling will be present again

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tanakill? you are a fucking idiot

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins are long shot to win this game. I think the D will get scored on and Tannakill will have issues and/or to conservative play calling will be present again
I agree entirely....my biggest fear w/the possibilility of the Dolphins beating the Raiders as badly as they did, was that I KNEW Philbin and his coaching clowns would do their best to convince all of south Florida 'All is right again' and 'Miami is back on track for a greeeaaaaat season...'-blah blah flippin blah!! What a joke, I mean seriously....yes, Thill had a 'nice' game....not GREAT, not SPECTACULAR, but he did well. Miami beat up on perhaps the worst team in the NFL, not really worth bragging about. Philbin has proven long enough he was way over his head taking the job in Miami. I feel confident in saying we will be in the market for yet another starting qb in the off season. No discipline, completely unprepared, very uninspired football pretty much sums up the present day Miami Dolphins(unless they're playing Texas Christian University-AKA the Raiders). Yes, I've lost almost complete faith in this franchise. Far too many years of hearing 'things are turning around in Miami' and this team is 'finally on the right path'- negative ghostrider. All is not fine, and I feel confident in saying that Mr. Rogers will put that on display on Sunday in Miami. As a very long time Fins fan, I've grown very very tired looking forward to the NFL draft. Clearly, that's all Miami fans have hope for anymore....because it sure isn't the season.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys.....Fins lose 38-20
Hey don't be sorry....been a Fins fan for a loooooong time, and clearly the more things change the more they stay the same(Miami continues to stink). I've got the game just a little bit closer though, Pack going away-31 to 20. Miami kicks a late fg to 'soften the blow'. One day I will be able to dust off my Dolphins gear and wear it with pride.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tanakill? you are a fucking idiot

Why does that make me a idiot? He is a wasted pick and has set fins QB quest back a few more years. Grow up and face the fact that he is another high draft pick fuck up by the Fins.

I, as probably as much as you do, want them to get back to being a relevant team in the NFL, they have not been so in past 20+ years.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does that make me a idiot? He is a wasted pick and has set fins QB quest back a few more years. Grow up and face the fact that he is another high draft pick fuck up by the Fins.

I, as probably as much as you do, want them to get back to being a relevant team in the NFL, they have not been so in past 20+ years.
Lol, you're a little more upfront and personal than I have been in the past....but I can't disagree with you just the same. I agreed with Miami drafting Thill when they did, as drafting a qb early is a must in todays NFL if you don't already have a top flight qb. BUT.....the PROBLEM w/Miami is they have tried SOOOOOO many yrs to 'out smart' the rest of the league by drafting qbs in the 3rd rd or later(yea-that's worked out well), trading high picks for qbs that seemingly NOBODY else wants, or simply refusing to select their franchise qb when he is served to them on a silver platter(does ANYBODY STILL BELIEVE that Long was the right choice? Laughable....). This team will continue to bathe in mediocrity until they find somebody that can properly evaluate talent. Oh, AND a head coach that has half a clue how to bring discipline and order to his team. Just sayin'.....

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, you're a little more upfront and personal than I have been in the past....but I can't disagree with you just the same. I agreed with Miami drafting Thill when they did, as drafting a qb early is a must in todays NFL if you don't already have a top flight qb. BUT.....the PROBLEM w/Miami is they have tried SOOOOOO many yrs to 'out smart' the rest of the league by drafting qbs in the 3rd rd or later(yea-that's worked out well), trading high picks for qbs that seemingly NOBODY else wants, or simply refusing to select their franchise qb when he is served to them on a silver platter(does ANYBODY STILL BELIEVE that Long was the right choice? Laughable....). This team will continue to bathe in mediocrity until they find somebody that can properly evaluate talent. Oh, AND a head coach that has half a clue how to bring discipline and order to his team. Just sayin'.....

The funny thing here is the fins could have drafted a QB that year in 2 or 3 round. There two that are playing real well, they could have had; Foles and Wilson. Crap they could have even gotten Cousins, though he is not looking like as good this year as he did last year, but has better stats then Tannekill does. I'm just tried of the list of 1st round busts they have picked over last 7-8 years

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we blow everything up we're 2-2 the skies not falling let's see how we do the next few weeks. That will tell us a lot the kid may have finally turned the corner as he was pretty sharp with his throws in the new offense....it can take time.