• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mets Rotation Or Yankees Bullpen

Mets Rotation Or Yankees Bullpen?

• Mets Rotation

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Yankees Bullpen

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen Hahn and Rick DiPietro just brought up this question on their show and it got me thinking, which would you take?

Yankees bullpen, highlighted by Betances, Miller, Chapman

Or the Mets rotation: Harvey, DeGrom, Syndergaard, Matz, plus in one of Colon, Montero, and don't forget, Wheeler, recovering from TJ surgery.

Great question, we see how well a bullpen can do like the Royals or Yankees, but we also can see how great a rotation can be and carry you, like the Mets did. Which would you take, and why?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably take the Mets rotation. Making the playoffs is just too difficult to chance things by leaning so much on a bullpen.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the starters or the Mets better compared to the Yankees Pen... You need starts to not get blown out if you want a better chance to win imo. Sure the pen of the Yankees will be able to hold the leads or at least limit the damage but I like the Mets chances having starters going more innings

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen Hahn and Rick DiPietro just brought up this question on their show and it got me thinking, which would you take?

Yankees bullpen, highlighted by Betances, Miller, Chapman

Or the Mets rotation: Harvey, DeGrom, Syndergaard, Matz, plus in one of Colon, Montero, and don't forget, Wheeler, recovering from TJ surgery.

Great question, we see how well a bullpen can do like the Royals or Yankees, but we also can see how great a rotation can be and carry you, like the Mets did. Which would you take, and why?

to get to the post season, the rotation is the way to do it

for the post season, the pen is more important...Matz in the pen though looks really good.

Tigers proved what a great rotation and shitty pen gets you in the postseasons.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets' ro, natch.

The Yankees' bullpen may not get all that many chances to nail down a W...after Tanaka it's...???

As a Mets fan, it would be LOVELY if these youngsters could pitch more than 5 innings a night, and not leave so much to the pen in the first place. I get that the game has changed, blah blah.

Also, as good as the yanks' pen might be, one injury could blow the whole thing to shit. The Mets could lose a guy for the season (I'm not jinxing anything here, it's almost an inevitability at this point) and not have it hurt so much because you've got three other solid guys, and a fourth coming back in July, hopefully.

Also, screw the yankees.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets' ro, natch.

The Yankees' bullpen may not get all that many chances to nail down a W...after Tanaka it's...???

As a Mets fan, it would be LOVELY if these youngsters could pitch more than 5 innings a night, and not leave so much to the pen in the first place. I get that the game has changed, blah blah.

Also, as good as the yanks' pen might be, one injury could blow the whole thing to shit. The Mets could lose a guy for the season (I'm not jinxing anything here, it's almost an inevitability at this point) and not have it hurt so much because you've got three other solid guys, and a fourth coming back in July, hopefully.

Also, screw the yankees.

pissed-off-tobey-maguire-meme.jpg

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna go with the Mets rotation

Until I saw Hu was here

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll definitely take the starters over the course of a 162 game season. But in a playoff series, the value of late inning relievers/closers goes up big time. We saw in the world series the Mets have multiple 9th inning leads thanks in part to strong SP and their relievers couldn't close it out, while the Royals BP shut the door for good.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the Yankee pen is that you need starters to get you a minimum of 6 solid for this pen to have the kind of success people are assuming. You could have a kick ass pen, but as Giants fans found out last season, if your starters struggle to go 6, your main characters are leaned on far heavier then they probably should and will inevitably wear down as the season comes down the stretch.

Plus, for a 7 game series, the Mets could go top 3 starters with the rest of the rotation finding a spot in strengthening the pen.