• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message response to the guy who wants to be a mod

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exorbitant said:
How did you find out I asked badmin if I could be a mod?
Also, if you think I want it because of a power thing, you're wrong.

I just want it so this board would be better than the E$PN board, by keeping the riff raff away.

The above quote was a private message that was sent to me by Exorbitant. I normally wouldn't do something like this with a private message but I felt that with it being about being a mod it needed to be out in the open for everyone to see.

Now on to my response to the message.

The title of the poll/thread is "Exorbitant would like to be a mod for the Husker board". The way that is phrased tells me that you asked him. Why would someone go out and seek out being a mod on a message board? I left the "other board" because I wanted a place where I could pretty much do and say what ever I wanted. The "other board" didn't allow that. The vast majority of us on here came from the "other board" and there is a reason we did. We all had complaints about that board. Too strict of rules. Too many mods. Didn't know who the nazi mods were. Too many trolls. And so on and so on. I have paid and been to other Husker message boards on the web and the all sucked big time. They all had hundreds of mods and a bunch of uptight pussies on there. If you said anything even remotely negative you got warned quickly and then banned quickly as you could imagine I got banned from a couple of them pretty quickly and I just flat out left the others because they were too strict and too boring. They were just filled with "Huskers are the best" mumbo jumbo and they were boring. That is why I stayed with the "other board" for well over a decade. I don't know how long you were at the "other board" (I know that I vowed never to say this assholes name but for the purpose of this comment I have to) do you remember "Wihusker30"? That son of a bitch and I had soem of the most heated discussions I could imagine on the "other board". Those same discussions wouldn't have lasted 2 posts on any other board except this one and the "other board". The "other board" may have been strict but it at least gave us some freedom to have heated discussions. Now I am not saying that every discussion needs to be heated but when you are discussing sports that tends to happen form time to time. This board is still pretty much brand new, why do we need a bunch of mods? When I hear someone seek out being a mod it tells me, right or wrongly, that they are only doing it to tighten up the ship and use their power for nothing good. This board is great right now. Look at the thread that you brought up about "getting rid of the riff raff". The "classiest fans my ass" thread. Did you realize that not one person on here responded to that person? That tells me that we have some smart people in here to not bite the hook that that person threw into the water. That tells me that we don't need someone who is power hungry and wants to "get rid of the riff raff". We apparently can do that on our own. Now will it be different when this board continues to grow and football season comes back? Maybe, but right now it is fine and we don't need uptight power hungry people like you ruining the great thing that we have right now in front of us.

Exorbitant, I understand that you don't like me and you hate me for voting no and that is fine. I also will understand if you are pissed that I put your private message out into the public but I feel that if it involves being a mod then it involves all of us and that should be in the public. That goes back to one of the complaints about the "other board" and how secretive everything was with the mods.

One last thing, it appears that you showed your true colors in the poll thread about you being a mod and the original mod of all the boards saw that and the answer is no. So it didn't matter who voted no or yes. You asked badmin to be a mod and you voted yourself no by how you acted.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First off I don't hate or dislike you for voting no, but I don't like the reason why you voted no, and if you believe these chat boards mirror anything close to real life, you need help.

By the way, everyone needs to know about your "Steve Pederson sucks" t-shirts you wore out in public and to Nebraska games where little kids and their families could see them.

People who cast stones should NEVER live in glass houses or be around them.

I wasn't going to post anything else about this issue, but lo and behold you just had to open a can of worms here. Way to go, jed.

I'm done with this issue.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I say all of that and that is your response? Sounds to me like someone just got a big slap in the face. Sucks for you. :)

Second, I think most of the people know about my shirts but for those that do not I would be more than happy to tell anyone about them and point them to 2 websites where you could see those shirts. Like I did say in a private response back to you that I did not make public, if you are trying to make a parallel between saying someone sucks and calling someone a faggot and you don't understand the difference between the 2 then you have real problems.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"Sucks on male genitals" Didn't you know this could be taken that way? Stop condoning the wearing of those shirts in public.

I'm ready to move on, aren't you?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of my shirts say "Sucks on male genitals"? Not at all. Once again, like I said to you in a private message to you. If you take the word "sucks" like that then that is a YOU problem not a ME problem.

BTW, you need to lighten up. I said calling someone a bundle of sticks is not right. I couldn't care less if you call someone a homosexual. :)

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do any of my shirts say "Sucks on male genitals"? Not at all. Once again, like I said to you in a private message to you. If you take the word "sucks" like that then that is a YOU problem not a ME problem.

BTW, you need to lighten up. I said calling someone a bundle of sticks is not right. I couldn't care less if you call someone a homosexual. :)

What the heck is a bundle of sticks? Is that what I think it is?

Last edited by a moderator:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I noticed that shady posted on this thread. shady is on my ignore list, I can't read his posts... Yippee! Hooray for my side!

I will take him off of my ignore list when he stops cutting down our program as much.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck is a bundle of sticks? Is that what I think it is?

Main Entry: 1fag·ot
Variant(s): or fag·got \ˈfa-gət\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English fagot, from Anglo-French
Date: 14th century
: bundle: as a : a bundle of sticks b : a bundle of pieces of wrought iron to be shaped by rolling or hammering at high temperature

One of the definitions of the word "faggot" is "a bundle of sticks". I don't even want to know what you were think it is. :)

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Main Entry: 1fag·ot
Variant(s): or fag·got \ˈfa-gət\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English fagot, from Anglo-French
Date: 14th century
: bundle: as a : a bundle of sticks b : a bundle of pieces of wrought iron to be shaped by rolling or hammering at high temperature

One of the definitions of the word "faggot" is "a bundle of sticks". I don't even want to know what you were think it is. :)

I thought that was another way to say that word.

I didn't realize that I was referring to landon as a bundle of wrought iron. That's not as bad as calling him a homo! :)

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think all of this is just ridiculous. From an outsider's view looking in, most of the people on this board and the E$PN board ruin it for me with their shitty attitudes. I first came to the Disney board to get my daily fix of football gouge because I don't live in Nebraska anymore, and quite frankly, Nebraskans know how to gossip from the top all the way down. We get all of our Nebraska news at the dinner table back home before it's on the 8 o'clock news for shits sake. I switched to SportsHoopla to get away from the childish trolls and useless posts and they all seem to have followed. Exorbitant, I understand you want to be a mod, but if you can, why can't everyone else? Right? In my shitty opinion, i don't think we need any more moderators. At the same time, we don't need to make asses out of ourselves by berating other people. I came here to read about Football, I didn't come here to witness a constant never-ending pissing contest.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Personally, I think all of this is just ridiculous. From an outsider's view looking in, most of the people on this board and the E$PN board ruin it for me with their shitty attitudes. I first came to the Disney board to get my daily fix of football gouge because I don't live in Nebraska anymore, and quite frankly, Nebraskans know how to gossip from the top all the way down. We get all of our Nebraska news at the dinner table back home before it's on the 8 o'clock news for shits sake. I switched to SportsHoopla to get away from the childish trolls and useless posts and they all seem to have followed. Exorbitant, I understand you want to be a mod, but if you can, why can't everyone else? Right? In my shitty opinion, i don't think we need any more moderators. At the same time, we don't need to make asses out of ourselves by berating other people. I came here to read about Football, I didn't come here to witness a constant never-ending pissing contest.

I agree.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both you guys are fucking jokes. 1. If Exorb wants to be a Mod, so be it, if he gets his votes. 2. Jed comes off as a fucking baby crying about past Huskerboards it makes me want to vomit. Good fucking day.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you came to any message board to "read about football" and get your news from that, then you are an idiot.

Message boards are places for fans to come and just shoot the shit with each other. At least that is how I take them. If you take them a different way then tough shit. Just like it is tough shit for me on the other side.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you came to any message board to "read about football" and get your news from that, then you are an idiot.

Message boards are places for fans to come and just shoot the shit with each other. At least that is how I take them. If you take them a different way then tough shit. Just like it is tough shit for me on the other side.

Your shitty attitude and name calling just proved my point.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow do you guys need to go on Oprah or something? Issue a friday fucking press conference? Jesus christ. And xorbie's feelings are hurt cause I told him I voted no and I didn't care wether he was pissed. I shouldn't even have to explain myself, but like Jed said we don't even need ONE mod. Landon is enough, end of story

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... what does everyone want for Christmas? I want some new ice fishing boots.