• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon DK! Gimme something. So close to bailing on you so many times, including after the early games started today (Larry Fitz and TWill available)... You kept pulling me back in with touchdowns. Let's go Russ.

And let's go Bears defense!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon DK! Gimme something. So close to bailing on you so many times, including after the early games started today (Larry Fitz and TWill available)... You kept pulling me back in with touchdowns. Let's go Russ.

And let's go Bears defense!
Yeah lets go Russ.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FROM LEFTY TO MBBRL MEMBERSHIP:
On this eve of week 15 it's time to make this official in accordance with my message a couple of months ago. As of 2020 I hereby resign from the MBBRL and will no longer participate in any associated leagues. That is except D1 - if Fuzzy wishes to continue our partnership.

For the most-part it has been a truly great experience, I've learned a lot, made some great board friends, and shared many laughs over the years. Yet the glow and pride I had for the league dissipated to the point it was no longer fun as a result of things said this past year and the surprising lack of support from the membership.

Perhaps I took the incident too personal since it struck so close to home, but before I acted, I did my research. I found that in the entire history of the league no such language had been directed towards any MBBRL member before. Thus, for the sake of my own self-respect, as well as those things the organization was founded on, I had to make my stand. I will, no doubt, miss the interactions in the league, but, at the same time, will not look back. A replacement will not be hard to find.

All that aside, I wish the league nothing but the best going forward. It is a very valuable resource of information and expertise. I'll still be around to utilize that aspect and stay in touch with many of the old guard and several of the new via PM or separate message.

I do have a couple of dogs left in the fight this season or this resignation would be effective now, but I'll certainly finish those out. Perhaps go out with a championship. That would be a fitting end. ....

Otherwise, I hope you all have a grand Christmas and New Year. Lefty, over and out. ...

Well, I was gonna wait till after week 16. But, ditto for me as well. I may not have the same deep rooted reasoning, but, for me, the shine is gone, has been for at least a season or two. My reasons are my own, and I don't care to get into them here, but overall, it just isnt fun like it used to be.

I'll continue on in D1 & D2 until suitable replacements can be found...I ain't handing over what I've built to just any old random tool bag, those of you still standing deserve better than that.

Win or lose, this will also be my last season as a MBBRL A or B member, suicide and coma included.

Well hell, I was going to wait until next year, but since you guys are making announcements I guess I will too. Technically I'm no longer a member of the regular league since I am up for oblivion anyway, but I will not be throwing my hat into back into the ring for consideration. I just feel like I've burned too many bridges at this point and there are several members that no matter what we just aren't going to get along, so I just didn't even feel like I could post on this thread this year because of it and that defeats the entire purpose of the league. I will not be doing suicide either which means I will not be running the A vs. B challenge any longer as well. I will be continuing on in D1 because I co-own that team with my brother and it's the only team we co-own together and I really like having "excuses" to talk to him. I will also be continuing to be the commissioner and run the vampire league because it was a lot of fun this year and I really enjoyed it since it's such a different league.

Warning! Sappy post incoming!

We knew these posts were coming... Tried to prepare for it, but it didn't help. I typed out a handful of messages, but kept on deleting them because I wasn't sure it was my place to say it. But seeing that nobody else is really conclusively jumpin on the grenade, I'll smother it proudly. I'll admit that what I'm about to say is very biased due to the friendships that we have created from a relatively short time of playing together. Although the time was short(er) for me personally, you all made it feel as though we've been playing together for decades.

Lefty, you're incredibly wrong about being easy to replace. That goes for all of you. NONE of you are capable of being replaced. Not even close. Sure the shoes will be filled, but the paths that they will walk won't be the same. That's not a detriment to those new people, but more a statement of the weight all of you carried in this league. This league wouldn't be founded in the greatness that it is, nor seen in the same light from all its members if it weren't for you guys (and a tip of the cap to @wilwhite as well). I've always looked up to you all for the way this league was materialized & how it grew into what it is. I have even used (pretty much stolen, yea I said it) many of the MBBRL Constitution's principles for another league that I run with my lifelong friends and it works seamlessly.

I say this for all of us... It pains us to see you all leaving, but we do understand & respect it. Its truly disheartening to see how rapidly things changed. But I'm glad you all will still be around in some form, and possibly even returning at some point down the road.

Just wanted to express my gratitude to all of you... An appreciation for what you've done... And an affirmation of what you've accomplished... THANK YOU!

:suds:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the mention, @FaCe-LeE-uS. Without knowing details, I'll only say that it's sad if people are leaving because of things said.

Although I've been out of FF for a few years now (and I'll be off this board entirely in a few months), I was very happy to see the MBBRL keep chugging along and so many members stay with it over the years, going all the way back to the CBS boards, and I, too, got a big kick out of the years I played and the way we put the league together. Amazing that this thread is about to hit 1000 pages.

Change is inevitable - hopefully for the right reasons - but no matter why, and wherever we all go, those of us who remember will always have the Golden Mountain.

Peace, all.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the mention, @FaCe-LeE-uS. Without knowing details, I'll only say that it's sad if people are leaving because of things said.

Although I've been out of FF for a few years now (and I'll be off this board entirely in a few months), I was very happy to see the MBBRL keep chugging along and so many members stay with it over the years, going all the way back to the CBS boards, and I, too, got a big kick out of the years I played and the way we put the league together. Amazing that this thread is about to hit 1000 pages.

Change is inevitable - hopefully for the right reasons - but no matter why, and wherever we all go, those of us who remember will always have the Golden Mountain.

Peace, all.
WW is gonna poof altogether??/ well that shit ain't right!

Best of luck to you in all the you encounter my old friend!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warning! Sappy post incoming!

We knew these posts were coming... Tried to prepare for it, but it didn't help. I typed out a handful of messages, but kept on deleting them because I wasn't sure it was my place to say it. But seeing that nobody else is really conclusively jumpin on the grenade, I'll smother it proudly. I'll admit that what I'm about to say is very biased due to the friendships that we have created from a relatively short time of playing together. Although the time was short(er) for me personally, you all made it feel as though we've been playing together for decades.

Lefty, you're incredibly wrong about being easy to replace. That goes for all of you. NONE of you are capable of being replaced. Not even close. Sure the shoes will be filled, but the paths that they will walk won't be the same. That's not a detriment to those new people, but more a statement of the weight all of you carried in this league. This league wouldn't be founded in the greatness that it is, nor seen in the same light from all its members if it weren't for you guys (and a tip of the cap to @wilwhite as well). I've always looked up to you all for the way this league was materialized & how it grew into what it is. I have even used (pretty much stolen, yea I said it) many of the MBBRL Constitution's principles for another league that I run with my lifelong friends and it works seamlessly.

I say this for all of us... It pains us to see you all leaving, but we do understand & respect it. Its truly disheartening to see how rapidly things changed. But I'm glad you all will still be around in some form, and possibly even returning at some point down the road.

Just wanted to express my gratitude to all of you... An appreciation for what you've done... And an affirmation of what you've accomplished... THANK YOU!

:suds:
Face, thanks for the kind words.

I just wanted to touch on the "constitution"... That sucker was years in the making, and countless hours of discussions, debates, revisions, you name it. Things we never thought we'd ever encounter, things we figured were common sense, but turns out they needed to be in writing. If they help you run a successful league outside of here, that's awesome. With all that effort over the years, I would hope it would come in awfully handy

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am only going to post this in this thread tonight and if someone can fill in the few I don't know it would be appreciated.

KOTF Milk over TKO
BATG Femurov over Lefty
Suicide A
Suicide B OBX over Harold
Coma A
Coma B
Dynasty 1 Barilko over Bandit
Dynasty 2 Shady over Barilko
Vampire Barilko over ?Main Veins?
Guillotine Femurov over Nos

and just because it was both MBBRL players
Crazy Yahoo League BKS over OBX

Congrats to all our winners and those that actually fought there way to the championship games. Also best of luck to those who will be leaving us this year.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am only going to post this in this thread tonight and if someone can fill in the few I don't know it would be appreciated.

KOTF Milk over TKO
BATG Femurov over Lefty

Suicide A Tlance over Lefty 84.9-82.8
Coma A
Coma B

Congrats to all our winners and those that actually fought there way to the championship games. Also best of luck to those who will be leaving us this year.

I can add suicide A. I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas and congratulations to all of the winners. I wish you all the best of luck in the future. It truly has been a great seven years and I'll see some of you once the season starts in D1 again and some of you I will see in other leagues. I'll still be around though, so if anybody needs something answered in regards to league history I'll still be here. @tlance you'll be the last member of the "constitution committee" remaining and I don't think we could have left it in better hands buddy.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas folks! Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season!

I know I’m an hour early but wanted to make to include all of you

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen it yet? We went last night...LOVED IT
I did the marathon last Wednesday and Thursday. 27.5 hours of awesomeness!

I loved it as well. Wish they would have explained a little more but I get the time constraints

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did the marathon last Wednesday and Thursday. 27.5 hours of awesomeness!

I loved it as well. Wish they would have explained a little more but I get the time constraints
I don't think anyone other than maybe Disney would've had a problem with 3 hours, hell they could've went five, that'd be alright with me!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KOTF Milk over TKO
BATG Femurov over Lefty

Suicide A Tlance over Lefty 84.9-82.8
Coma A
Coma B

I can add suicide A. I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas and congratulations to all of the winners. I wish you all the best of luck in the future. It truly has been a great seven years and I'll see some of you once the season starts in D1 again and some of you I will see in other leagues. I'll still be around though, so if anybody needs something answered in regards to league history I'll still be here. @tlance you'll be the last member of the "constitution committee" remaining and I don't think we could have left it in better hands buddy.
Coma B - Face over Harold 139 - 101 (2 week matchup)