• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it's there Joe... if you click on your name, then statistics, I believe you'll find what you're looking for...

Sweet! Thanks, TKO!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Rex Ryan for the game plan - - and thank you C. Ivory for putting it to work. .....

Sorry Joe - - but at least the Bears did win and Forte had a heck of a game.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 9 Report

Bandit Cornered

58-army.png

Sheriff Ron Mexico with Deputy Andre Johnson and his posse of Panthers have nearly brought Bandit into custody - with help, naturally, from the Bears (Bandit got only 3 from the Packers D).

After a 128-83 loss to Sox’s team, Bandit is very much within reach, barely hanging on to the Visigoths division lead and in a four-way tie for the wild card, with his PF lead down to 23 points and his breakdown lead down to a razor-thin game and a half. Can Bandit escape capture? Stay tuned.

Dominant Huns

By beating the lackluster Drone 89-52, Microwahevo is alone at 6-3 – but that gives him no breathing room as JDM, Barilko and Foot all also won and are right behind him at 5-4 to contend for leadership of the Huns.

JDM thumped TK 152-75 to jump up to second in PF.

Foot bested dblake 91-66 (dblake helped by leaving Gore and Cruz in his lineup… which is anti-awesome – where are you dblake?) and has won three of four to leap back into contention. Barilko has done even better, winning five of his last six after trouncing HaroldSeattle 113-71 (Harold’s on the other side of the stick, having lost three in a row but still hanging on to a one-game Ostrogoths lead).

(Nine of the twelve B-League teams are now 5-4 or 4-5 - with Micro at 6-3 and TK and the Drone at 3-6. Nobody’s more than two games out.)

Monkey On The Edge

Monkey was hurt bad by his narrow loss to wilwhite (89-86 on Marshall and the clock-killing Bears). Not just because it dropped him to 3-6, but because he has now lost to both teams he might try to beat out for the wild card - ww (7-2) and Treff (6-3) - and has no rematch against either of them. With a loss this week and a win by Treff, Monkey would be eliminated from the wild card.

Worse than that, with a loss and a win by Lefty, he’d have no chance to catch Lefty for the Aramis lead and would be eliminated from playoff contention entirely. He essentially has to run the table to have a chance at the playoffs. The Monkey is still smoking but is almost out.

Luckless Joe

Joe is in similar trouble after another hard-luck loss to Lefty 112-104 (Forte almost pulled it out) and can be eliminated from winning the division with a loss and a win by wilwhite - but with another crack at Treff he would still have an outside chance at the wild card even if everything went wrong for him this week.

Five of Joe’s six losses are by a combined 16 points. Ouch.

Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up To Scapegoat

Scape got almost doubled up by Fuzzy, 119-60, dropped to 3-6, has lost five of his last six games, and is Most Likely To Be Relegated - but his view from the league cellar is actually pretty rosy. He’s only one good week away from the Porthos division lead. (Three cheers for mediocrity! Hip-hip-meh… hip-hip-meh… hip-hip-meh…)

Tlance Channels Nick Foles

Foles followed up an epic stinker with a monster success - and so did Tlance, demolishing Treff 162-46 after last week’s abysmal 37.

More than coincidence?

O Duff Beer, Where Art Thou?

Duff Beer Doug went with an empty bench spot and Welker in his lineup after dropping Sidney Rice, paving the way to TKO’s 121-81 victory. Though sadly absent from the boards, he’s been managing his team and this was his first lapse. Wish you were here, Duff.

Standings

Keepers of the Flame

Barbarians at the Gate

Keepers of the Flame vs. Barbarians at the Gate

The KOTF posting a strong 1174 while the Barbarians at the Gate put up a yeomanlike 1122. The KOTF lead is up another 52 points to 131, 10399-10268. Teams moving as of now: 2

Heading Up

As of Week 9: SB Champ, Bandit, Microwahevo (if Bandit is SB Champ)

Champ
?

B League Breakdown Leaders
68-31-0 Bandit
66-32-1 Microwahevo

Top Seed
6-4-0 Microwahevo

Power Rankings
33.0 - Microwahevo
32.5 - Bandit
29.5 - JDM

Points Leaders
999 - Bandit
976 - JDM
971 - Microwahevo

If the season ended today Bandit would move up by being breakdown leader. The other team would be Microwahevo unless a third team is the SB Champ.

Heading Down

POWER RANKING (W-L/Breakdown/PF)
4.5 - Scape (2/1.5/1)
5.5 - Monkey (3.5/1/1)
-------------
14.0 - Ram (6/3/5)
14.0 - Joe (2/5/7)

...and on to Week 10 :fencing:[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masterful yet again, Mr. Commissioner!

O Duff Beer, Where Art Thou?

Duff Beer Doug went with an empty bench spot and Welker in his lineup after dropping Sidney Rice, paving the way to TKO’s 121-81 victory. Though sadly absent from the boards, he’s been managing his team and this was his first lapse. Wish you were here, Duff.

Luckily (for me), BJGE only had 7, so I still won convincingly, but a healthy Rodgers could have made a difference. I don't like winning that way, so I'm glad the difference was more than 7.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 9 Report
Heading Down

POWER RANKING (W-L/Breakdown/PF)
4.5 - Scape (2/1.5/1)
5.5 - Monkey (3.5/1/1)
-------------
14.0 - Ram (6/3/5)
14.0 - Joe (2/5/7)

Whew. Barely hanging on to the Flame.

So, what to do with the #2 waiver pick this week? What would Opposite George do? Better yet, what would Monty Hall do?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job Wil. My fantasy defense really sucks as I see I have the most points scored against me in both leagues combined. I have 30 more points scored against me than anybody else does. Much like Doug Martin, my team has been a huge disappointment the last 3 weeks. Hopefully I can turn things around this week.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still just out of where I need to be, I see.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick one! I was putting up a few trades, and as I was just about to throw another out, when I see Monkey had accepted.... here's to Foster healing up and finishing up strong!

to Monkey: Trent, Antonio Brown, Chiefs

to TKO: Foster, Quizz, Randle (will drop)

just wasn't big on the Chiefs after their bye...watch them prove me wrong, but they are some tough offenses they have, and the Bills made them look very beatable.... I thought I could change the mojo for Trent, but it just didn't look promising... Ant B is leading the league in receptions, a nice flex option, but has Joe Haden on AJ Green's bye, so I can do without him... obviously, I'm taking a big chance on Foster here...and I'm all in on him, since I have him in my money league too!!! Take a week off Arian, and then get 'er goin!

good luck Monkey

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've set a record for potential waiver claims. What a nightmare this is starting to become

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just can't wait til next week where I actually get 2 start a decent RB in Vereen... Also 2 everyone sorry I haven't been on the boards that much this season just have had a lot going on and haven't had that much time to jump on cpu. Hopefully things will settle down so I can get back on SportsHoopla more often

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick one! I was putting up a few trades, and as I was just about to throw another out, when I see Monkey had accepted.... here's to Foster healing up and finishing up strong!

to Monkey: Trent, Antonio Brown, Chiefs

to TKO: Foster, Quizz, Randle (will drop)

just wasn't big on the Chiefs after their bye...watch them prove me wrong, but they are some tough offenses they have, and the Bills made them look very beatable.... I thought I could change the mojo for Trent, but it just didn't look promising... Ant B is leading the league in receptions, a nice flex option, but has Joe Haden on AJ Green's bye, so I can do without him... obviously, I'm taking a big chance on Foster here...and I'm all in on him, since I have him in my money league too!!! Take a week off Arian, and then get 'er goin!

good luck Monkey

GL to you too on this one - I'm going to give KC DST a chance in the free league, dropped them in my $$ leagues. Too risky seeing Peyton 2x in three weeks, but the Colts did a good job of getting after it, so there is a small light at the end of the tunnel.
Really wanted Antonio Brown here, and TRich could be useful. I have a weird feeling Hayden won't be on AB all game, only when they line up on the same side of the field. Brown has been moved around a lot to take advantage of his superior route running.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 10 Games of the Week

Bandit (5-4) vs. HaroldSeattle (5-4)

One of these once-proud franchises, both sporting three-game losing streaks, is going to lapse into total mediocrity. HaroldSeattle has led the Ostrogoths since the beginning and Bandit has led the league in almost everything else, but one of them will climb back to a respectable 6-4 and in decent position for the playoffs while the other will drop to 5-5 and be overtaken by the pack.

Microwahevo (6-3) vs. MilkSpiller (4-5)

Micro's Everchanging Punsters have taken a slim Power Rankings lead by virtue of being the only Barbarian better than 5-4, and are in contention for the breakdown and PF leads. Milk's Marsupials have won two after a four-game losing streak. A win by Micro will maintain his lead in a tough Huns division, while a win by Milk will keep him at least within a game of HaroldSeattle among the Ostrogoths.

Micro has a chance to overtake Bandit for the coveted breakdown lead, whose winner gets a golden ticket to the A League (now 1.5 games behind Bandit).

JDM (5-4) vs. Sox (4-5)

Similar to the game above, a contender for league dominance (JDM, 2nd in PF and 3rd in breakdown), trying to keep pace in the tough Huns division, faces a rebounding Ostrogoth (Sox, who has won three of his last four) who's trying to catch the free-falling HaroldSeattle.

TK (3-6) vs. the Drone (3-6)

These are the only 3-6 teams in the B League, and a loss will put one of them in seven-loss purgatory and on the edge of elimination.

Scape (3-6) vs. Lefty (7-2)

David vs. Goliath. The team at the bottom of the A League power rankings faces the team at the top. David seems to have found a pretty big rock in RGIII.

Despite being (for now) the weakest team in the league, Scape could tie for the Porthos division lead with a victory and a few convenient outcomes elsewhere.

Treff (6-3) vs. Duff (4-5)

Treff's swooning Fudpuckers face Duff's swooning Scatophagists (well, scatophagy would make anyone swoon). Both right now are projected playoff teams, but a loss could easily change that.

We hope Duff checks in to get himself a kicker and a QB....

TKO (5-4) vs. wilwhite (7-2)

Weirdly, TKO is the only 5-4 team in the A League, which puts him ahead of the pack but just out of playoff position. That will change one way or the other - win and he's a playoff contender; lose and he's back in the middle.

As Mentioned Elsewhere...

Monkey and Joe really need wins against Fuzzy and Sam to keep much hope of making the playoffs alive.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously, I'm taking a big chance on Foster here...and I'm all in on him, since I have him in my money league too!!! Take a week off Arian, and then get 'er goin!

well shit! :L :doh: :bawling:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont worry - he's just taking another week off!
:whistle:
Been looking on Rotowire and haven't seen anything yet but the rumor is he will need surgery on his back. Bummer. I've owned him in my money league ever since the end of his rookie season and have really come to like the guy. Hope he can come back strong.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crunch time! Man, the season suddenly seems to be going by quickly.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang... I had high hopes for Foster this year. Lucky for my teams (so far) I had higher hopes for Charles, so I never ended up with him.