• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I used to hate the DH. One of the reasons was that it would dilute some of the great records of the game because guys could keep hitting even though they could no longer field.

Ha.

Things change.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I used to hate the DH. One of the reasons was that it would dilute some of the great records of the game because guys could keep hitting even though they could no longer field.

Ha.

Things change.
I considered that reason once upon a time. .but it's more that the baseball team is nine players. .not ten. Pitchers should be hitting and hitters should be fielding. That's all I've got to say about it.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered that reason once upon a time. .but it's more that the baseball team is nine players. .not ten. Pitchers should be hitting and hitters should be fielding. That's all I've got to say about it.

Amen. ....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem with this logic is that throughout the minors, and in every advanced balll they have played they used a DH... Not to mention spring training and the all star game... If teams are not going to teach there pitchers to be hitters then why should they be hitters???

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I sure don't want to get into this debate on here of all places, so I'll simply say that whenever that change came about. . it was a huge mistake and it shouldn't be that way. And leave it at that.

How about that Josh freeman??

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I sure don't want to get into this debate on here of all places, so I'll simply say that whenever that change came about. . it was a huge mistake and it shouldn't be that way. And leave it at that.

Looked awesome last night! So good that in my work league we just had a trade of Brees, RRice and FGore for Freeman, BBoldin and RRandell.................won't be playing in that league next year!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can the Vikings look at themselves in the mirror? Sure, the Giants had the box stacked, but who cares, after about 10 throws from Freeman, if I were Leslie, it would have been 53 carries by AP (and Gerhart if need be) before I thought about 53 pass attempts. Being a Bills fan, I rarely get to say this, but I sure am glad I'm not a Vikes fan, even with the "best player" in the league! (no offense Chef)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can ya tell I lost in one league this week, only needing 10 from AP?

geesh Sam, that's pathetic, I wouldn't be paying if I were you (if it's a pay league)...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, that's just pure bullshit.. no words can really describe that trade.

As for Freeman.. yea it sticked all around, no excuses.
I do feel there's hope there though. First off, I've seen Ponder be just as bad, if not worse on more than one occasion. Secondly, Freeman wasn't throwing dying ducks, he had zip and showed a willingness to push the ball downfield, often. If he is serious about being an NFL QB, and puts in the time, there's hope here, might take until week 15, but there's hope. The other options in town are hopeless.

BTW... I've never wanted to staple someone's lips shut as badly as Chucky's last night. Talking up Ponder and constantly bringing up Freeman's lack of familiarity of the offense. Once or twice was enough John, we f'n get it already.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW... I've never wanted to staple someone's lips shut as
badly as Chucky's last night. Talking up Ponder and constantly bringing up
Freeman's lack of familiarity of the offense. Once or twice was enough John, we
f'n get it already.
[/QUOTE]

LOL it was pretty annoying and I usually like Gruden a lot. I think he was just trying to come up with things to say during such a horrible football game. I would have rather had them cut to episodes of Gruden's QB camp than watch that debacle.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with this logic is that throughout the minors, and in every advanced balll they have played they used a DH... Not to mention spring training and the all star game... If teams are not going to teach there pitchers to be hitters then why should they be hitters???

Okay I decided to throw my two cents in. Baseball purists who enjoy the little things about the game are always going to say that the DH is crap and everybody else is going to say that the DH adds more excitement to the game because who wants to see a pitcher strike out and look like a moron every time he comes to the plate. But, the pitcher being in the batting order brings about so many other things like the double switch, the sacrifice bunt, the #8 just trying to work out a walk with two outs so you can turn the batting order over the next inning, being held accountable if you throw at somebody on the other team etc. It brings about the little nuances that make the game great. You can have all the 10-8 games in the world with your DH, I will take a 2-1 pitcher's duel with every pitch mattering and every run important.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got on and saw what an epic battle I had with Joe.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7 Report

Let's Have A Parity

Lefty and Bandit have held unassailable positions at the top of Breakdown and PF for a while, and while they still lead (they were unassailable after all) they're within reach after a mediocre week. (Lefty crawled past Tlance, 82-62; TK upset Bandit, 94-78.)

In the Barbarians, the lower-seeded team won every single match. Everybody in both leagues now has at least two wins and at least two losses (except sad-sack Treff, who's sitting at 6-1). Among the Barbarians, 8 teams are 4-3 or 3-4 (including the entire Huns division).

Sam & Kaep: The Separation

How did Treff get to 6-1? Let's take a look behind the scenes:

Sampernick is no more. Tired of being tied down to an unpredictable partner in San Francisco, Sam's eye was caught by a flashy young Philadelphian, the belle of the waiver-wire ball. In the cold light of morning Sam realized what he'd thrown away (14 points to be exact) and wanted to somehow go back and do it all over, but the damage was done.

The winner in this sad story: Treff, 100-90 (with an assist from Tlance).

Call Him "The Streak"

TKO started 0-3 and is 4-0 since (including a league-leading 135 this week to almost double up Fuzzy, whose comeback has stalled).

Ram Tough Sledding

If you're a running back, stay off of Ram's roster. So far he's already done away with Andre Brown, Shane Vereen and Doug Martin (not to mention knocking DeMarco and Jacobs out for a week or two). To add injury to insult, he got whomped by wilwhite, 115-62.

Thunderdrone

The Drone broke through with a B-League-high to catch MilkSpiller's Marsupials, 103-63. Wait, 103 was the B-League high? Uh-oh. See below.

The :gaah: Award: Week 7

Our Runner-up for the award this week is Duff of Absence, who lost Wayne on Sunday night, was down 3 on Monday, and watched Cruz get 5 to carry Monkey to victory, 88-86.

But our winner is Joe, who needed 5 from Jerome Simpson to catch Scapegoat. Jerome had 32 yards with 4 minutes to go and the Vikings in bomber mode, but couldn't get another catch despite four more "targets" from Freeman. :gaah: Joe lost 96-94.

Upset Barbarians

TK upset Bandit, 94-78
Sox upset Micro, 96-90
TK upset Bandit, 94-78
JDM upset dblake, 100-84
Foot upset HaroldSeattle, 90-80
Barilko upset Chef, 81-63

Standings

Keepers of the Flame

Barbarians at the Gate

Keepers of the Flame vs. Barbarians at the Gate

The Barbarians of the Gate reasserted their B-Leagueness with a season-low 1021. The Keepers of the Flame took advantage by posting 1078, extending their lead to 108 points, 8120-8012. Teams moving as of now: 2

Heading Up

As of Week 7: SB Champ, Bandit

Teams moving up from the B League will go according to these criteria:
1. Champion
2. Regular season breakdown leader
3. Top seed
4. Regular season power rankings leader
5. Regular season points leader
If the B League champion meets all the other criteria, only a single team moves up (and only a single team moves down).

Champ
?

B League Breakdown Leaders
53-24-0 Bandit
47-29-1 Microwahevo
44-33-0 dblake
43-34-0 HaroldSeattle

Top Seed
5-2-0 Bandit (yet to face Harold Seattle)
5-2-0 HaroldSeattle (yet to face Bandit)
4-3-0 JDM (holds H2H tiebreaker against Bandit)
4-3-0 Microwahevo (can take H2H tiebreaker with win next week over Bandit)

Power Rankings
35.5 - Bandit
30.5 - Microwahevo
29.5 - HaroldSeattle

Points Leaders
785 - Bandit
747 - Microwahevo
730 - JDM

If the season ended today and Bandit won the SB, only Bandit would move up since he leads all categories.

Heading Down

Teams moving down will be determined by power rankings. In the event of a tie, H2H will be the first tiebreaker, breakdown record will be the second tiebreaker, total points the third tiebreaker -- and if we still have a tie, whoever does better in a Fantasy Playoff Challenge to be determined.

POWER RANKING (W-L/Breakdown/PF)
9 - Sam (2/6/1)
9.5 - Monkey (5.5/1/3)
-------------
9.5 - Scape (5.5/2/2) - yet to face Monkey; wins breakdown tiebreaker
11.5 - Joe (2/4/5.5)
12.5 - Ram (5.5/3/4)

...and on to the second half of the 2013 MBBRL Regular Season :fencing:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice write up Will.
I odn't know if ti's worth noting or not, but my scores without the big mega trade, had I kept Charles and went with the lineup I normally would've..96. Only 4 pts less than the 100.
However, if you discount both trades I had this week, Tlance's and the one with Sam- that'd drop another 15pts off the total (11 between Denver D to the Packers D, and 4 from what would've been Boldin to Lefell)..so 79 (plus Sam would've had the Vikes D, not the Donkeys giving him another 12 for 102)
So I think Sam gets that assist which was credited to Tlance ;)
Love ya Sammy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree with you of course but my biggest beef is the strategy that the DH takes away from the game

Pitchers bunting-walking 8th hitter to get to pitcher and force in a pinch hitter double switches etc etc..i definitely prefer the NL Game

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be your best one to date wilwhite!

Spiller and/or Fred are still looking for new fantasy homes...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can the Vikings look at themselves in the mirror? Sure, the Giants had the box stacked, but who cares, after about 10 throws from Freeman, if I were Leslie, it would have been 53 carries by AP (and Gerhart if need be) before I thought about 53 pass attempts. Being a Bills fan, I rarely get to say this, but I sure am glad I'm not a Vikes fan, even with the "best player" in the league! (no offense Chef)

Dude, none taken. What a horrible, embarrassing performance. Treff, Chucky's "commentary" was almost as bad as the game. How the hell can people listen to him?

As for the DH, well...doesn't matter, cuz both leagues will have it soon, and that will be the end of that. And yes, wrong place to be discussing it, so I won't say anything more.

God, what a horrible game! :gaah::gaah::gaah:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up as always, Will. :clap: