• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just unnecessary and incendiary at times. He adds nothing of value to any conversation and only tries to get a rise out of people. Then hurls personal insults when people don’t agree with his garbage
He’s a good one not to respond to. Better yet put him on ignore, you won’t be missing anything.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a heads up in case he reads this win percentages change over time if you keep gambling. "78% bitches" 3 years later :L

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would get into it with him when I was running the MLB pick ems. He says he won it two years ago and when I would tell him that he did not pick enough games to qualify. He would get bent out of shape and say I was making up rules to keep him from winning.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy miht already be on my ignore, can't say that any of this is ringing a bell for me.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEEK 6 RECAP - BARBARIANS STORMING THE CASTLE

storming+the+castle.jpg

So I have a little bit of extra time this week because business has been a little slow and I got everything caught up because I'm about to go to Colorado for a few days with the family to surprise my best friend for his 40th birthday. And before @TREFF and @Yellow Fuzzies ask me where in Colorado I'll go ahead and tell you that he lives in Littleton. Since you guys live there, can you tell me if there's anywhere that I could take the kids to see snow while we're there? We will only be there from Friday until Monday night, but I'd love for them to be able to see it. We were planning on going down to Colorado Springs and taking the kids to the North Pole theme park and up to Pikes Peak and I've been there before but we were there in July so there was no snow up there at the time. Anyway on to the recap.

So the big news this year so far is that the B league is seriously threatening to destroy the A league by the required 168 points to move four teams up. Last week once again they outscored the A league this time 1167 - 1123.1 and they already have a 132 point lead through six weeks, so they are well on their way. We have to get off our asses in the A league and stop leaving points on the bench or we are doomed. I'm just glad there's not like a 500 point clause that just flops the leagues with the only A leaguers staying as the breakdown and Super Bowl champs!! Well done so far B league, you guys are kicking our asses.

A league recap
The Bandit steals one from the master 110.7 - 85.2: Bandit got solid games across the board with 7 of his players in double digits led by Jordan Howard's 17.6, Jacoby Brissett's 16, Demarco Murray's 14.7 and Evan Engram's 14.2, and it certainly helped that Ezekiel Elliott was on bye this week. T got another great game by Deshaun Watson with 29.3 and Jay Ajayi finally had a good game with 13, but the rest of his lineup didn't top the 8 point mark with disappointing performances by both Randall Cobb with 2.8 and Jordan Reed with 3.7 (even when he's healthy he sucks this year). Bandit improves to 2-4 and Tlance falls to 3-3.

OBX sneaks past Trudem 61.8 - 51.2: With the lowest combined score by over 30 points in both leagues, this one was a battle of misery as both quarterbacks were injured early although OBX gets the worst of it since he's going to lose Rodgers for the rest of the year. OBX did get great games from Leonard Fournette 19.8 and Doug Martin with 14.4 who combined for more than half of his total points with Tyrell Williams actually posting the same score as Rodgers with .7 but he played the whole game. If he would have played Derrick Henry in the flex instead of Latavius Murray that would have netted him an extra 16.8 points, but hey a win is a win. Trudem's entire lineup was disappointing and it's never a good thing when your only double digit scorer is your kicker. I guess you have to say that Michael Thomas was the biggest disappointment with his 1.1 although his three running backs (Devonta Freeman, Ameer Abdullah, and Mike Gilislee) combining for 15.7 certainly didn't help. OBX goes to 4-2 and Trudem falls to 3-3.

Face crashes Ram 138.5 - 106.5: With the highest score in both leagues this week and two straight weeks with the highest score in the A league, Face's team is really coming together. Seahawks D on a bye, no problem just pick up the Ravens and get a cool 24 points from them. Carson Wentz had another big game and has become a must start fantasy quarterback with 27.4. Mark Ingram (who might actually end up being the biggest beneficiary of Adrian Peterson going to Arizona) put up 25 points and Antonio Brown put up 21.5. Just those four guys would have beaten half the league this week!! Ram got a solid game from Marcus Mariota 16.2 a big game from Leveon Bell 25.1 to go with good games from Golden Tate 15.6 and Zach Ertz 13.8, but Keenan Allen put up a stinker with 4.5 and Marshawn Lynch just can't get going and had another game with only 6.3 points. Face moves to 3-3 and Ram falls to 4-2.

Fuzzy overhead smashes Milk 78.6 - 63.6: I mean not really, but I like the metaphor. LOL. Another barn burner with neither team over 80. Fuzzy got 18 out of the Vikings D to lead his team to go with 15.5 out of Brees (in a game they scored 52!!) and he got solid games from Kamara 8.7, Thielen 9.7, and Wil Lutz 11 to pull this one out. Milk only had two guys in double digits with Cam at 22.7 and Gurley at 12 which combined for more than half of his points as Julio put up another mediocre at best game with 7.2, Terrelle Pryor continues to stink with 2.3, and Travis Kelce, Marlon Mack, and Duke Johnson combined for 9.4, but he lost the kicker/defense battle 29-10 which actually is what made the difference in the game. Milk falls to 2-4 and Fuzzy improves to 4-2

TKO spikes Treff 126.5 - 83.3: TKO couldn't decide which Arizona running back to go with so he started both of them. The good news is that if you told him they would average 12.7 points he would take it, but nobody saw Adrian Peterson getting all 25.4 and Andre Ellington putting up a 0. He also got a good game from Brady 20.2, Davante Adams 11.4, Matt Forte 8.1, and a big game from Gronk with 20.3, but the Texans D with 26 was a monster. Treff made a good call in keeping Ty Montgomery on the bench and he got a great game from Carson Palmer with 26.9 and a good game from Mccaffrey with 12.4, Perine with 10.7, and Kelvin Benjamin with 9.9, but Tyreek Hill, Delanie Walker, and Cooper Kupp combined for 7.4 points which killed him. TKO moves to 3-3 and Treff falls to 2-4.

GAME OF THE WEEK - Steelers terrible towels Joe 111.3 - 105.9: Joe came up with a great performance this week after a couple of straight lackluster performances, but it wasn't enough to overcome the 20.9 from Stafford, 27 from Melvin Gordon, 15.5 from Mike Evans, 19.5 from Hyde, and 13 from the Steelers D and that was with C.J. Anderson's 1.7 point stinker with Jerick McKinnon's 19.9 on his bench. Joe got a great game from Kirk Cousins 31.8 and Larry Fitzgerald with 17.8, but just didn't have enough firepower with Elijah McGuire and Ed Dickson combining for 5.8 points. It could have been very interesting if Emmanuel Sanders didn't get hurt, but that is just how Joe's season is going so far. Steelers moves to 5-1 and Joe falls to 1-5.

B League (A-????) League Recap
Stomp destroys Smitty 118.8 - 98.2: Stomp got a great game from Kirk Cousins with 31.8 and good games from Crabtree 11.2, Desean Jackson 9.8, Zach Ertz 13.8, Will Fuller 12.2, and the Vikings D 18 on his way to the victory and that was with Adrian Peterson's 25.4 points sitting so pretty on his bench, but I'm with him there, who the hell would have known that was coming (other than TKO that is). Smitty got another disappointment from Matt Ryan 13.9 and even great games from his running back trio of Jordan Howard 17.6, Jerick McKinnon 19.9, and Chris Thompson 13.8 wasn't enough to overcome the mediocre games from Julio 7.2, Alshon 7.1, and Kyle Rudolph 4.7. Both teams go to 3-3 on the season.

Lefty hits the Shady Bunch on the nose with a football 105.6 - 57.1: Some of you are probably too young to understand that reference, but most of you will. Lefty had a solid game from Brady with 20.2 and a great game from Melvin Gordon with 27 and only got a bad game from Devin Funchess while Shady was the unlucky bastard in the B league that had Aaron Rodgers and didn't get much help from anybody other than the Lions D and their 18 points. Lefty moves to 3-3 and Shady falls to 4-2.

Barilko Molson's Extra Hoppy Beer 112 - 66.9: Barilko's team is looking good again this year and he got another good one from Deshaun Watson 29.3 and a great game from the Texans D with 26 and that was almost enough. EHB got decent games with 15.5 from Bortles, 9.3 from Brandin Cooks, 10 from the Eagles D, and 12 from Vinatieri, but only 20.1 from his other 5 starters with Keenan Allen, Jordan Reed, and Ty Montgomery stinking it up. Barilko moves to 4-2 and EHB falls to 1-5.

Foot Rocky's Femurov and the Russian Thighbones 110-94.1: Foot got 15.5 from Brees, 13 from Ajayi, 14.4 from Doug Martin, and 20.3 from Gronk, but he won this one with the Rams D and Justin Tucker who combined for 37 points outscoring Femurov by 25 at those positions. Femurov got decent games across the board from Rivers 16.3, Demarco Murray 14.7, Demaryius Thomas 11.3, Larry Fitzgerald 17.8, and Kelvin Benjamin, but the 11 from the Broncos D and 2 from Brandon McManus did him in. Foot moves to 2-4 and Femurov falls to 4-2

Sam Malcolm Butler's Harold 121.7 - 92.1: Too soon Harold? LOL. Sam got double digits from 7 or his 9 starters led by Antonio Brown's 21.5 and Ryan Succop's 21 on his way to the victory over Harold who was in bye week hell with his Seahawks on bye and got a great game from Leveon 25.1 and Marvin Jones 15.6 and a decent game from Jacoby Brissett 16, but nothing else including the awesome .7 that Tyrell Williams put up. Harold falls to 3-3 and Sam moves to 4-2.

GAME OF THE WEEK - Monkey goes bananas on BK 101.4 - 89.1: In the closest game of the B league last week, Monkey pulled it out with the 26.9 from Carson Palmer, 15.6 from Golden Tate, 13.6 from Cameron Brate, and 24 from the Ravens D and it didn't matter that Aaron Jones, Wayne Gallman, TY Hilton, and Jaron Brown combined to score 12.3. BK got a good game from Cam 22.7 and a monster from Mark Ingram 25, but the huge disappointment was the 2.8 combined points for Michael Thomas and C.J Anderson which sealed his fate. Monkey goes to 3-3 and BK falls to 2-4.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are your standings:

2017_MBBRL_WEEK_6.jpg

Notes from the A league:

Steelers is sitting with the best record in either league at 5-1 and is only missing out on leading the triple crown right now with a perfect power ranking because he's trailing Face by .1 points. It's always .1 point with you Steelers. LOL. He is leading the Athos division by two games and has the best breakdown record by one game over Ram. I'd say the Melvin Gordon trade is a little one-sided right now.

The three top point scorers all come out of the Athos division also with Face leading at 617.1 and scoring the most point the last two weeks followed by Steelers 617 and TKO with 609.8.

Trudem is the only team in the Porthos division at .500 and he's leading it at 3-3. He's also the only team with an above .500 breakdown record at 39-27. It must be Treff, he has a knack for finding the division this happens with every year.

Ram, OBX, and Fuzzy are all tied atop the Aramis division at 4-2 with Ram holding the tiebreaker because of his 3-0 division record. Ram is the only team in the division with a breakdown record above .500 in that division as well at 43-23.

I think it's safe to say that the Athos division is the division of death this year.

Longest winning streak is currently Fuzzy with 4 straight and the longest losing streak is Joe with 5 straight. The entire Porthos division lost this week and all of them have at least a two game losing streak.

Playoff seeds

#1 Steelers 5-1 (leading the Athos division)
#2 Ram 4-2 (leading the Aramis division)
#3 Trudem 3-3 (leading the Porthos division)
#4 Fuzzy 4-2 (best breakdown record of 4-2 wild card teams)

I will bet this shocks Fuzzy!!

Relegation Station

In the battle at the bottom I guess I'll have to start listing the bottom four since that is looking more and more like a distinct possibility this year:

Joe 6 power ranking
Treff 7 power ranking
Milk 11 power ranking
OBX 13 power ranking

Notes from the B league:

The Visogoths division is being led by Sammy right now at 4-2 with Smitty just one game behind at 3-3. Sam has the most points and the best breakdown record in the division.

The Huns division is the only division in the entire MBBRL that see all four teams at .500 or better with Shady and Femurov leading at 4-2 and Stomp and Monkey right behind at 3-3. Right now Femurov is actually leading that division and I have no idea why ESPN isn't correct, but it doesn't matter because I'm on top of it. The first tie-breaker for division is division record and Femurov is 3-0 in the division, so he is actually leading over Shady. This division is very tight in breakdown and points and will probably come down to the wire as long as Shady can find another quarterback.

To find the division of death in the B league, just find out where Barilko is. LOL. Last year he had the best 2nd place breakdown record ever and this year he's on pace for that again. He is actually leading the division of death at 4-2, but Lefty and Harold are right behind him at 3-3. This division has the three highest scoring teams in Lefty 636, Barilko 623.1, and Harold 595.6

Longest winning streak right now belong to Monkey with 3 straight and nobody in the B league has lost more than 2 straight.

No team is better than 4-2 and only one team is worse than 2-4 which means it's wide open right now.

Playoff seeds:

#1 Barilko 4-2 (leader of the Visigoths division and best breakdown record of the 4-2 teams)
#2 Sam 4-2 (leader of the Ostrogoths division and tied with Femurov in breakdown, but has more points)
#3 Femurov 4-2 (leader of the Huns division)
#4 Shady 4-2 (only other 4-2 team)

Movin' on Up:

Golden ticket to the A league for the best breakdown record right now would go to Lefty (who wouldn't even make the playoffs) at 42-24 who has a three game breakdown lead over Barilko who is 39-27.

Now is probably a good time to mention that if we do have four teams that move up, this is the criteria that we use for the four teams as per the constitution:

1. Super Bowl Champion
2. Regular season breakdown leader
3. #1 seed in the playoffs
4. Regular season power rankings leader
5. Regular season points leader

If there aren't four different teams using this criteria then playoff seeding would determine who moves up. So right now, Lefty is the breakdown leader, Barilko would be the #1 seed, Barilko is the power rankings leader, and Lefty is the points leader, so since only two teams meet the criteria, then Sam and Femurov would be the next two in line since they are the #2 and #3 seeds. Keep in mind it will also make a difference if say Shady makes the playoffs as a wild card, but wins the Super Bowl, then he would be in and Femurov would be out, so this season more than any other (if the B league keeps going the way they are and moves four teams up) your playoff seeding could make a huge difference as to who moves up.

Falling into the pit of despair:

Otherwise known as oblivion. Right now the bottom two team in power ranking are:

BK 6.5 power ranking
Foot 6.5 power ranking

Okay I think that ought to do it. Hopefully you guys enjoyed this. I really wish I could do this every week, but with my schedule it's just impossible.

And one more thing, here is your comparison to last year (look at Barilko's freaking breakdown record 55-11!!):

2016_MBBRL_WEEK_6.jpg

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually avoid posting but I read it alot. I just felt compelled to comment on something that wasn't accurate, which I do sometimes.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone wants McKinnon, darkwa, anderson, or hyde and thinks they can upgrade my team lets talk