• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thanks Sam really wasn't close. Either McCaf starts are you put in Mason and destroy me

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anybody notices, I have added a column for when you start a bye or injured player. I don't remember what the penalty is, but I know it got worse each time.

• You are allowed to leave a player in that is on bye or injured during the season - the strategy of holding a star is understood, as is the unavoidable last minute inactive. However, all efforts should be made to avoid this practice. As such, the second occurrence of leaving a player in that is on bye or injured will result in an 0-11 breakdown record for the week with no other repercussions in the standings or points. The third occurrence will result in a loss in the standings, an 0-11 breakdown record for the week, and the owner will be sent to oblivion at the end of the year. The team's total points will not otherwise be altered (So as not to punish the entire league for his mistake). The fourth will qualify as abandonment of your team and the commissioner and vice-commissioner will remove you as the owner and control the team in accordance with “Drone” rules until such time a suitable replacement can be found.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anybody notices, I have added a column for when you start a bye or injured player. I don't remember what the penalty is, but I know it got worse each time.

• You are allowed to leave a player in that is on bye or injured during the season - the strategy of holding a star is understood, as is the unavoidable last minute inactive. However, all efforts should be made to avoid this practice. As such, the second occurrence of leaving a player in that is on bye or injured will result in an 0-11 breakdown record for the week with no other repercussions in the standings or points. The third occurrence will result in a loss in the standings, an 0-11 breakdown record for the week, and the owner will be sent to oblivion at the end of the year. The team's total points will not otherwise be altered (So as not to punish the entire league for his mistake). The fourth will qualify as abandonment of your team and the commissioner and vice-commissioner will remove you as the owner and control the team in accordance with “Drone” rules until such time a suitable replacement can be found.
Wow, I didn't know that. Must have happened while I was away.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I didn't know that. Must have happened while I was away.

I know I got hit by it one year, because of Fournette being a game time decision every week. Since the duty of the POWER rankings fell on me, I have been trying to pretend that I wasn't the Commish and have ignored the missing players. Since I do the missing players for both Dynasties, it is not hard to do them for these leagues.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm blanking on our waiver rules. Does it reset each week?
Wondering if I need to save my #2 spot or let it fly.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the first one is a freebie. The McCafferty issue hit probably 90+% of the leagues in all FF.

I swapped Mason in for Old School ten minutes before game time. Shame on those reports of him having a normal workload.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the first one is a freebie. The McCafferty issue hit probably 90+% of the leagues in all FF.
Maybe i am in the minority but i think some of these rules need to be revisited. They may have been instituted when dedication and participation in a free league may have been spotty or questionable. Hence, the heavy penalties and threat of oblivion.

I mean, MBBRL is standard scoring and very competitive. Deliberately leaving an injured or bye player in your lineup (taking a goose egg) is a huge risk even without power ranking penalties.

:2cents: (i'm done now.)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe i am in the minority but i think some of these rules need to be revisited. They may have been instituted when dedication and participation in a free league may have been spotty or questionable. Hence, the heavy penalties and threat of oblivion.

I mean, MBBRL is standard scoring and very competitive. Deliberately leaving an injured or bye player in your lineup (taking a goose egg) is a huge risk even without power ranking penalties.

:2cents: (i'm done now.)

I agree.

I think there should be some gray area for the situation that went down with CMC.

Late Monday night inactives can leave you with an unavoidable zero because you can’t drop someone from your bench who has already played.

I do think the rule makes sense in almost all other situations.

Just should have some grace for situations like Sam’s. When it was reported all week that CMC was going to play.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have five games completed for my WR group. London tomorrow night still to come.

Combined 5.3 points!

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1726606690731.png

1726606846460.png

KOTF won by 17.86 points this week to take an overall 6 point lead.

As far as the missing players, I will be keeping track like I do in the dynasty leagues. But no penalties unless it gets out of hand.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3