• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting these quotes here:

In BATG, 4 of 5 of my bench spots have players on IR or "out."
Kind of hard to win games knowing that key players may be back in 3 games are otherwise "undropable."
I officially propose we revisit the opening of some IR spots on our rosters (for 2022).

hard yes for me

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt cut Kareem Hunt or CEH while they were on IR.
Says the owner who is 8-3.
Not as easy a decision when you're fighting for table scraps out of healthy mediocre players.
If I cut Edmonds, Carter, Kamara or Hopkins, someone else is gonna benefit.
It most certainly won't be me as I pick up the 63rd-ranked RB or WR to replace one of these guys.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the owner who is 8-3.
Not as easy a decision when you're fighting for table scraps out of healthy mediocre players.
If I cut Edmonds, Carter, Kamara or Hopkins, someone else is gonna benefit.
It most certainly won't be me as I pick up the 63rd-ranked RB or WR to replace one of these guys.
Only gets worse if rosters are expanded via IR or bonus bench spots.

Every player on a bench is a player not available on waivers.

If my bench hasn’t scored the fewest points, I’d love to know whose has scored less. 6.3, 0.8, 17.2, 0.0, 0.0, 21.4 are what my bench has put up the last month and a half. My 1st, 2nd and 4th round pick have all been on IR at some point and I’ve held all of em. Would have cut them had I felt it’d help me score more points.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cut Julio (much too late). No regrets. Even if he puts up 30 in week 17 to beat me.
Saved Gronk. Happy I did.

We don’t want a weekly waiver pool even worse than what is not worth dropping an injured starter for in what we have now.

Trades are always welcome…

This is the beast. MBBRL

:2cents:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the only league I'm in without an IR spot.

You have to pick and choose who to cut when they are injured which sucks. I made the decision to cut Samuel and Kittle when those guys were placed on IR. Sorry but I shouldn't be forced to cut my top pick because he got injured in week 3 and this league doesn't have a single IR spot.

I said my stand on it so if it comes down to a vote, I will be in favor of having 1 IR spot. If the majority choose no then that is fine but this league will no longer be for me....No hard feelings

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always good to have healthy debates on settings for MBBRL, and I believe this one has already been formally raised to an off-season vote, so debates are irrelevant today. Differing opinions and new ideas are inevitable with 10 fantasy nuts, let alone 24 all in one group.

Giving an ultimatum of your participation only based on a favorable/preferred outcome from a rule settings vote is in stark contrast to the spirit of the MBBRL, imo. If that's how you view this league, which has quite a few settings that are different than all my other leagues, then this might not be a great fit.

@bksballer89
I enjoy battling with you on the imaginary gridiron, I hope a few months down the road frustrations have settled and acceptance of the vote outcome (either way) can be agreed upon. My intent isn't to be disrespectful but all are impacted equally by the settings, and maintaining the league is important with a large group, and bylaws are established for these types of instances. We all agreed to those bylaws when we joined.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I love about this league is it's unique in a lot of ways. Most leagues are practically cookie cutter with their set up, the "all my other leagues " remark makes me want to actual not make the change and be as vanilla as the run of the mill leagues that are out there but I'll go with what is decided and @bksballer89 hope you will also because we need to keep the band together.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I love about this league is it's unique in a lot of ways. Most leagues are practically cookie cutter with their set up, the "all my other leagues " remark makes me want to actual not make the change and be as vanilla as the run of the mill leagues that are out there but I'll go with what is decided and @bksballer89 hope you will also because we need to keep the band together.
I'd have to say the way this league was originally thought up On Golden Mountain, we're lucky we even voted in a flex. Leave it the way it is..............

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So cut a guy.

That’s why we don’t have IR.

IR spot mitigates bad injury luck.

It in no way shape or form replaces the lost stud you have to place on IR.

Honestly I don’t see the downside to adding a IR spot. Much more preferable to adding bench spots, IMO.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IR spot mitigates bad injury luck.

It in no way shape or form replaces the lost stud you have to place on IR.

Honestly I don’t see the downside to adding a IR spot. Much more preferable to adding bench spots, IMO.

I agree