• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
milks team with explanations

first off, when we were choosing draft spots, i strategically picked 8 instead of 7 or later, because i thought at 8 i would get either jonathan taylor or Nick Chubb.... as i expected someone before me to take saquon and or aaron jones... and i thought 8 was the perfect spot 2 go RB-RB and get both RBs i wanted...

well, i was wrong... and taylor was the first player SNIPED away from me, as he was taken 7th

1. Aaron Jones

2. James Robinson- my target was Najee Harris... he went 2 picks earlier... Not sure what possessed me to take Robinson, but i hope it doesn't HURT me

3.Javonte Williams- for my third round pick i was torn between Gus edwards and Williams... i was actually planning on taking Edwards and hoping Williams would fall to me in the 4th... But once again @Sam Sportboy sniped me one pick early... Luckily i go one of them though...

4.Kyler Murray- really not part of my plan to get a QB so early... but my plan to go 4 RBs in a row ended when there was just nobody left... and in standard leagues with only 2 WRs, WR is my last priority... so i bit the bullet and took the highest ceiling QB(yes i took him over Josh Allen). also, Kittle was SNIPED one pick before me AGAIN... he would have been my pick...

5.Diontae Johnson- as i explained earlier, i was planning on going with the 0 WR strategy... this pick was supposed to be Pitts... but guess what, he too was picked one pick before me... that is the 4th time that my target was picked ONE PICK before me... But this was the most painful one, because i just wasn't prepared for it, so i panicked and took Johnson

6. Robby Anderson- finally not sniped... he was who i was targeting at this point...

7. Davonta Smith- not who i was targeting... but when i was OTC i didnt like the RBs available, and i convinced myself that Smith has the highest ceiling available... especially with the NFC EAST defenses outside of washington, and the fact that the eagles defense is not exactly great..

8. Michael Carter- he has been dropping... and we all know why... but i am a jet fan, and needed my fix of jet players... and i have a hard time believing he will not be the RB1 this season... as their RB core is just not that good...

9. Jonnu smith- I was targeting Gesicki ever since Pitts was sniped from me... but he was of course taken 2 picks before me... so i took the NEXT TE on my HAVE TO DRAFT list... i am hearing rumors that the Patriots offense might go through him... and that little rumor is enough to jump on a TE...

10. David Johnson- at this point of the draft any RB would do... and i am still a believer that he is the texans number one and best option... so i consider that great depth...

11. Mecole Hardman- the way i see him, he is a cuff... no, i dont have tyreek Hill... but if he does go down, Hardman is a league winner... and at this point there are not many league winners available...

12.. Broncos D- i am very high on this Defense, and i am already invested in their running game... so, if Williams is what i think he will be, that will slow the game up enough for that defense to dominate...

13. Brandon McManus- With Bridgewater at QB and a run first offense, they may be one of those play for the FG teams this season... I have also invested in their defense and running game, which translates well to kickers.... Plus the broncos have a late bye... and i love taking Kickers with late byes...

14. Trevor Lawrence- he was my original plan to get at QB, also Haven't gotten any shares of him yet this season... might as well here on the bench... and if he becomes anything, pretty decent trade piece... especially because people love shiny new things...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN gives 4 teams over 60% chance to make the playoffs....before week 1, lol

1630560524221.png

and its negligent that they don't even have a draft board view. WTF, its 2021, every wannabe site out there has a draft board view these days, and ESPN doesn't have that feature?!?!? Fuckin' Disney spent the whole budget on Star Wars

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm looking at the draft right, Face only drafted 2 RB the entire draft? That's bold!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN gives 4 teams over 60% chance to make the playoffs....before week 1, lol

View attachment 279029

and its negligent that they don't even have a draft board view. WTF, its 2021, every wannabe site out there has a draft board view these days, and ESPN doesn't have that feature?!?!? Fuckin' Disney spent the whole budget on Star Wars
Yes im at the bottom lol!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm looking at the draft right, Face only drafted 2 RB the entire draft? That's bold!

auto draft for Face and EHB - they are STACKED at WR tho!

Face at least got Dalvin Cook and Chase Edmonds, EHB was stuck with Barkley and Mattison.....both have entire benches of WRs

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
basic framework for my draft strategy here: get 2 high-volume RBs early, a top 6 QB, Waller/Kittle in the 2nd or 3rd, pound backup/RBBC RBs for the bench, figure out WR in-season

1630588827560.png

1) Zeke - I had an earlier selection spot but I moved back to 5 since there are a good number of high-volume backs in the top half of 1st round this year. Was happy to start the season with CMC, Cook, Henry, Kamara, Zeke, or Jones.

2) Waller - Diggs and Ekeler were at the top of my queue and both went right before my pick. thought for sure Ekeler or Najee would make it back to me if I was in the middle of the 2nd but both were gone. Would've taken Ridley if I went WR instead of Waller here, was a tough choice as I think Ridley balls out again this year, but I don't think Waller would've made it back to me in the 3rd. TE positional advantage is real.

3) Montgomery - again, think I should've taken my WR1 here, but stuck to my plans of getting 2 high-volume RBs, just settled for Monty over the ones I wanted. No Cohen to start the season, hopefully brings a higher floor for DM.

4) Josh Allen - mediocre RBs, rushing capabilities, stud WR with great depth behind him, cannon for an arm....this is stuff fantasy dreams are made of <insert egg plant and water squirt emoji>

5) Thielen - WRs are meh, that's what I get for waiting, but in standard scoring, I'm good with prospects of 1 of my guys hitting, and me finding something off the pile if my other ones miss

6) Juju - safe floor, wish I could say he had the same ceiling he once did, but lots of mouths to feed and a new RB. Ben will still need to toss a good number of checkdowns since their OL isn't great anymore, hope the emergence of Diontae and Claypool free up some space for Juju (have him in a couple dynasty leagues too!)

7) Cooks - perennial underappreciated WR. him, Landry, and Boyd get no love, I at least get it for the other 2 since they are slot mavens, but Cooks just produces every year, every team, lol. I think he keeps getting traded/moved around since no team wants to be on the hook for the next concussion.

8) Rojo - here's the part where I start pounding RBBCs/backups. I scooped up Rojo at a discount everywhere last year due to TB drafting a plodder from Vandy and signing Fournette, let's roll the dice again! TB12's RBs score TDs, you just need to have the right one and its a monster value in drafts this year.

9) Pollard - Zeke cuff and he's been doing well with his chances, might force Jerruh to get him some more touches this year

10) Ty'Son - Gus Edwards has been seeing around 150 carries in the RB2 role for BAL. Ty'Son is currently the RB2, which is subject to change, but as of now, he's slated for more touches than people want to admit.

11) Beasley - I ain't scared of Beas missing time due to covid, give me that LATE round stack with Allen, might catch lightning in a bottle ala Brady/Welker glory days, who knows.

12) 49ers DST - Detroit in week 1, nuff said

13) Tevin Coleman - Carter has looks like a day 3 pick so far, apparently buried on the depth chart (and not in the "trying to motivate him" way). KeShawn 2.0???

14) Raiders kicker guy that kicks the football through the yellow thingies from far away

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Face at least got Dalvin Cook and Chase Edmonds, EHB was stuck with Barkley and Mattison.....both have entire benches of WRs

you’d think the trillion dollar A.I. would be able to draft more human-like by now. Better than five kickers on the bench I guess

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely don't love my team. Got sniped a few times by Sam and especially, Monkey. But here is my attempt to talk shit for a year...

QB - Tannehill (11.6), Burrow (12.7)
RB - Chubb (1.6), Gaskin (4.7), Hunt (5.6), Lindsay (10.7)
WR - Diggs (2.7), McLaurin (3.6), Jeudy (6.7), Boyd (7.6), M. Thomas (8.7)
TE - Gesicki (9.6)
K - Sanders (13.6)
DEF - Miami (14.7)

I figured I would miss out on my top 5 RBs (CMac, Cook, Henry, Kamara, Elliott) and I did. Had been trying to figure it out for a couple of weeks who I would go with if that happened and was leaning towards Chubb the whole time over Barkley and Adams. I figured with this crew, it had to be a RB and although I do have Chubb in a few different leagues, I stayed the course. I was dreading the 2nd round because I knew all the RBs would be dry by then and I would grab a WR that I didn't love there. I thought it would be DHop, but it ended up being Diggs. Probably should have reached for a RB, anyway. Monkey hit me again, taking Monty right before me. I went with Terry over AJ Brown. Not sure if that will end up biting me, but I figured McLaurin will get fed by Fitzmagic. I was surprised Gaskin "fell" to me in the 4th the way RBs were flying off the board. Same with Hunt. I went back and grabbed some WRs that were falling. Not sure if Thomas was overkill or not, considering I already had 4 WRs, but I didn't really like the RBs available. Noah Fant was the alternative, but I didn't mind getting Gesicki one round later. Lindsay was a late round flyer who I hope gets a decent amount of touches and junk points in Houston. At QB, I grabbed 2 solid options to run matchups with. Then, invested in Miami's D and teams unit.

I am about where everyone else in how they feel about their team. Meh. But, championships are not won at the draft and I think this is a decent foundation to build on.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my team. I liked it a lot more as I was drafting it. Then, after the draft I looked at it and liked it less. Now, I really hate to admit this but we are prepping fer inventory and I am super tired. This will make you laugh though. So, I had DAdams and AJones in Queue. Their pics both look a lot alike. I did not rank my Queue, cuz I was tired. So when DAdams went and left my Queue and that annoying motherfucker said "Ahh, looks like they had their eye on him too" I thought it was Jones that was drafted, so I took Jonathan Taylor. That is a true story. Also, I had my mind set on NHarris if Zeke didn't fall to 7..................and I forgot. Shit you not. Anyway, I feel like I made one BAD pick, and that was Chase as early as I did. I hade Robby all ready to go and pow, he was gone, I kinda panicked and the rest is history.

1630616030296.png

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my team. I liked it a lot more as I was drafting it. Then, after the draft I looked at it and liked it less. Now, I really hate to admit this but we are prepping fer inventory and I am super tired. This will make you laugh though. So, I had DAdams and AJones in Queue. Their pics both look a lot alike. I did not rank my Queue, cuz I was tired. So when DAdams went and left my Queue and that annoying motherfucker said "Ahh, looks like they had their eye on him too" I thought it was Jones that was drafted, so I took Jonathan Taylor. That is a true story. Also, I had my mind set on NHarris if Zeke didn't fall to 7..................and I forgot. Shit you not. Anyway, I feel like I made one BAD pick, and that was Chase as early as I did. I hade Robby all ready to go and pow, he was gone, I kinda panicked and the rest is history.

View attachment 279094

Not sure if you read my team post. But I really hate you!!! Lol.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stuck?? Thats the best starting RB and the best backup/handcuff RB in the league!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unfortunately I couldnt make the draft and was at the mercy of the computer but I think it turned out tolerably (It helps that Im not one of you RB crazies)...

1) Saquon - I wouldve happily taken him in the top half of the first round, so getting him at 12 is a steal IMO and for sure what I would have done had I been drafting live. Very suprised by a few of the guys who went ahead of him.

2) Tyreek - I like Tyreek at this spot, but knowing RB would be come a wasteland with you crazies, I might have preferred Mixon here before the position fell off a cliff - that said I do think Tyreek has more value in a vacuum.

3) AJ Brown - awesome pick. Dude is a monster and I think I would have for sure taken him at this turn.

4) Mike Evans - another like but not love pick. I think its decent value, but I wouldve been very tempted by Kittle or Lamb here instead.

5) Aiyuk - love Aiyuk. He's definitely one of 'my guys' although thats mostly been a dynasty take. Still really like the pick and think he was the best option

6) Odell - another one of 'my guys'. I'm convinced hes underrated at this point and has WR1 potential. Again, I think the autodraft actually grabbed the right guy.

7) Logan Thomas - ok, now we start to go off the rails a bit. I like Thomas but just dont value TE outside the elite 2-3 guys. I really coudve used a guy like Sony Michel as an RB2 here.

8) Justin Herbert - another position where I would prefer to wait till the very end of the draft - just no need to take Herbert here. Michael Carter or Ronald Jones wouldve been nice

9) Hollywood Brown - meh - Lamar is underrated as a passer, but the passing volume in that offense is just so low. I can live with this pick but i definitely dont love it

10) Chark - similar thoughts here. Chark is...ok I guess? I wont lose too much sleep over a 10th rounder but at this point hes my WR7...a bit overkill

11) Ruggs - ok espn really needs to add *some* kind of adjustment for positional depth on autodraft - 8 WRs before my 2nd RB?? Even @TREFF knows Im not that crazy

12) Alexander Mattison - finally. and i actually like this pick a lot in round 12 as a high upside handcuff but it is borderline criminal hes a *starter* for me as it stands today

13) Browns D - yeah fine whatever

14) G. Gano - yeah fine whatever

All things considered...as bad as the RB2 situation is, its pretty crazy that the CPU managed to grab 6 picks I like to start including 4 picks i 100% agree with and 3 of my 'favorite' players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck.

My internet is out.

Been trying to log on to ESPN for the past hour and I can’t get on.

This is terrible.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unfortunately I couldnt make the draft and was at the mercy of the computer but I think it turned out tolerably (It helps that Im not one of you RB crazies)...

1) Saquon - I wouldve happily taken him in the top half of the first round, so getting him at 12 is a steal IMO and for sure what I would have done had I been drafting live. Very suprised by a few of the guys who went ahead of him.

2) Tyreek - I like Tyreek at this spot, but knowing RB would be come a wasteland with you crazies, I might have preferred Mixon here before the position fell off a cliff - that said I do think Tyreek has more value in a vacuum.

3) AJ Brown - awesome pick. Dude is a monster and I think I would have for sure taken him at this turn.

4) Mike Evans - another like but not love pick. I think its decent value, but I wouldve been very tempted by Kittle or Lamb here instead.

5) Aiyuk - love Aiyuk. He's definitely one of 'my guys' although thats mostly been a dynasty take. Still really like the pick and think he was the best option

6) Odell - another one of 'my guys'. I'm convinced hes underrated at this point and has WR1 potential. Again, I think the autodraft actually grabbed the right guy.

7) Logan Thomas - ok, now we start to go off the rails a bit. I like Thomas but just dont value TE outside the elite 2-3 guys. I really coudve used a guy like Sony Michel as an RB2 here.

8) Justin Herbert - another position where I would prefer to wait till the very end of the draft - just no need to take Herbert here. Michael Carter or Ronald Jones wouldve been nice

9) Hollywood Brown - meh - Lamar is underrated as a passer, but the passing volume in that offense is just so low. I can live with this pick but i definitely dont love it

10) Chark - similar thoughts here. Chark is...ok I guess? I wont lose too much sleep over a 10th rounder but at this point hes my WR7...a bit overkill

11) Ruggs - ok espn really needs to add *some* kind of adjustment for positional depth on autodraft - 8 WRs before my 2nd RB?? Even @TREFF knows Im not that crazy

12) Alexander Mattison - finally. and i actually like this pick a lot in round 12 as a high upside handcuff but it is borderline criminal hes a *starter* for me as it stands today

13) Browns D - yeah fine whatever

14) G. Gano - yeah fine whatever

All things considered...as bad as the RB2 situation is, its pretty crazy that the CPU managed to grab 6 picks I like to start including 4 picks i 100% agree with and 3 of my 'favorite' players.
Oh come on now...admit it..maybe not, but I'll bet it would've been tempting!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely don't love my team. Got sniped a few times by Sam and especially, Monkey. But here is my attempt to talk shit for a year...

QB - Tannehill (11.6), Burrow (12.7)
RB - Chubb (1.6), Gaskin (4.7), Hunt (5.6), Lindsay (10.7)
WR - Diggs (2.7), McLaurin (3.6), Jeudy (6.7), Boyd (7.6), M. Thomas (8.7)
TE - Gesicki (9.6)
K - Sanders (13.6)
DEF - Miami (14.7)

I figured I would miss out on my top 5 RBs (CMac, Cook, Henry, Kamara, Elliott) and I did. Had been trying to figure it out for a couple of weeks who I would go with if that happened and was leaning towards Chubb the whole time over Barkley and Adams. I figured with this crew, it had to be a RB and although I do have Chubb in a few different leagues, I stayed the course. I was dreading the 2nd round because I knew all the RBs would be dry by then and I would grab a WR that I didn't love there. I thought it would be DHop, but it ended up being Diggs. Probably should have reached for a RB, anyway. Monkey hit me again, taking Monty right before me. I went with Terry over AJ Brown. Not sure if that will end up biting me, but I figured McLaurin will get fed by Fitzmagic. I was surprised Gaskin "fell" to me in the 4th the way RBs were flying off the board. Same with Hunt. I went back and grabbed some WRs that were falling. Not sure if Thomas was overkill or not, considering I already had 4 WRs, but I didn't really like the RBs available. Noah Fant was the alternative, but I didn't mind getting Gesicki one round later. Lindsay was a late round flyer who I hope gets a decent amount of touches and junk points in Houston. At QB, I grabbed 2 solid options to run matchups with. Then, invested in Miami's D and teams unit.

I am about where everyone else in how they feel about their team. Meh. But, championships are not won at the draft and I think this is a decent foundation to build on.
I see you have a love for Dolphins

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for sharing.

giphy.gif