• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Merry Christmas to All

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, the criticism is warranted. Everyone who has watched games has seen the inconsistency. The only words that get resistance from me are "pretender" and "overrated." That leads to positions that certain teams are "far better" than others. In reality, the final 8-10 teams are very close in talent level, coaching, inconsistencies and injuries that have affected all three.

It remains true that QB pressure (or lack thereof) will be an integral part to success (or failure) for each team, and the Niners have struggled with consistently excelling at that aspect of their game. That is increasingly frustrating because of its importance and the fact that SF has done very well in that department (while suffering in others) for the last few years. I certainly don't buy the Niner blow-out victory talk (nor did I buy it for the NFC Championship Game), but without question, they have (and have had) a roster that is capable of winning the Super Bowl.

Agreed.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the coaches review of the game film vs Falcons Aldon was credit with 8 hurries and 8 hits I believe. It also helps that hes been working with Charles Haley.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this on the radio yesterday, and I think it bears on this whole discussion-- for many (if not most) Niner fans, this is their first SB experience. I remember the 1981 season and getting into discussions with other fans. I didn't want to hear anything negative and would vehemently oppose any criticism. I need to remember that this week.

I've been saying this since Kaepernick's int in New Orleans and Tony Romo being blamed for his 5 int game vs the bears.
What may look like an unforced error actually is a play with many moving parts behind it.

I am not opposing every criticism against the niners. Let's be real, they got away with one. A team that goes down 17-0 on the road shouldn't expect to win.

But they did. It was a combination of breaks and talent. Win or lose, they are the last two teams standing and this run of the past two years, however imperfect deserves some credit.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this since Kaepernick's int in New Orleans and Tony Romo being blamed for his 5 int game vs the bears.
What may look like an unforced error actually is a play with many moving parts behind it.

I am not opposing every criticism against the niners. Let's be real, they got away with one. A team that goes down 17-0 on the road shouldn't expect to win.

But they did. It was a combination of breaks and talent. Win or lose, they are the last two teams standing and this run of the past two years, however imperfect deserves some credit.

Agreed.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some really wonky science breaking down why the Niners' read option offense works so well. Way above my pay grade.

How the Ravens Will Try to Contain Colin Kaepernick and the Diversity of the 49ers' Offense - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

I've got zero feel for Sunday. I've no idea which defense is going to show up. Will it be the Smith brothers terrorizing the pocket? Will it be Rogers and Cully getting beat deep?

Guess I'll just watch and hope. I laid off half of my Niners futures ticket (at +550) on the Ravens moneyline (+165). So, I either win $300 if the Niners win or $312 if the Ravens win.

Either way, I've got some cash to show for it. I just can't sit on the Niners to win, they're just too erratic.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got zero feel for Sunday. I've no idea which defense is going to show up. Will it be the Smith brothers terrorizing the pocket? Will it be Rogers and Cully getting beat deep?

Guess I'll just watch and hope. I laid off half of my Niners futures ticket (at +550) on the Ravens moneyline (+165). So, I either win $300 if the Niners win or $312 if the Ravens win.

Either way, I've got some cash to show for it. I just can't sit on the Niners to win, they're just too erratic.

TZILL according to the 49er coaches game film review against Atlanta the defense was pretty stout in the second half. Aldon received game ball from Harbaugh and was credited with 8 hurris and hits on Ryan.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TZILL according to the 49er coaches game film review against Atlanta the defense was pretty stout in the second half. Aldon received game ball from Harbaugh and was credited with 8 hurris and hits on Ryan.

Key words: In the second half. They were atrocious in the first half. Another half like that and I doubt they can come back vs. a Raven team.

Again, erratic.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key words: In the second half. They were atrocious in the first half. Another half like that and I doubt they can come back vs. a Raven team.

Again, erratic.

Agreed. And they weathered that storm very nicely in Atlanta. Great to see Vernon finally back in the offense again...As for the defense, it all starts with pressure by the DL and OLBs, otherwise a good secondary will get exposed. I am just sick of watching them get exposed like that and look bad when they really are not at all.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. And they weathered that storm very nicely in Atlanta. Great to see Vernon finally back in the offense again...As for the defense, it all starts with pressure by the DL and OLBs, otherwise a good secondary will get exposed. I am just sick of watching them get exposed like that and look bad when they really are not at all.

This is the problem.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Ravens.

Jimmy outcoached by his brother.

Niner "D" outplayed by the Ravens "O". Barely any pressure on Flacco.

Referees far too inconsistent in their calls.

Opening 20 yard pass to Crabs called back on the penalty turned out to be a killer.

Special teams, a 108 yard return? At least Akers was 3/3 (3/4?)

Strange calls from the Ravens' 7 yard line at the end of the game for the Niners.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Ravens.

Opening 20 yard pass to Crabs called back on the penalty turned out to be a killer.

Strange calls from the Ravens' 7 yard line at the end of the game for the Niners.

It all boiled down to shitty Niner D...same as it ever was....

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Congrats to the Ravens.

Yep. Jim did not have his team ready to play.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell of it is, on that last drive, the play they had to call timeout to avoid the delay of game....

You can see in the split second after the snap, before the whistle, Kap was tucking the ball to run left with Gore blocking, that shit was gonna work. The Ravens were not heading that way, with Kap's running skill, that was a done deal.

Instead the Ravens saw the call so they had to make a change, and that's that.

Oh well...young team mostly, and very good. Need to improve the pass D but they will be as good as any other team to contend next year. I bet the 2014 odds which are surely out somewhere already have the Niners better than the Ravens to win next year.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell of it is, on that last drive, the play they had to call timeout to avoid the delay of game....

You can see in the split second after the snap, before the whistle, Kap was tucking the ball to run left with Gore blocking, that shit was gonna work. The Ravens were not heading that way, with Kap's running skill, that was a done deal.

Instead the Ravens saw the call so they had to make a change, and that's that.

Oh well...young team mostly, and very good. Need to improve the pass D but they will be as good as any other team to contend next year. I bet the 2014 odds which are surely out somewhere already have the Niners better than the Ravens to win next year.

Yep. All their shortcomings, time clock management, play calling, special teams (wtf?) came into play.

Thing is NFL is harder to come back from this. I'm not sure the niners are favorites next year (Super Bowl hangover in play)