• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Merry Christmas to All

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Christmas Wishes

1) May SabeySabes and Noggin continue to fill our trophy case.

2) A 30 HR hitter

3) Zeets to repeat his 2012 season

4) Lincecum to return to his previous "normal"

5) At least 130 games of Brandon Belt at 1B

6) Wheezy to return

7) The Dodgers' uber-expensive trophy case to remain Montana.

8) A healthy year for Posey, and everyone else

9) A positive surprise to emerge from Spring Training

10) A full season of health for :panda:

11) I want to see Pegs or Panik or Brown in Fresno.

12) Enough of my nephews' Prohibition Ale for all!

13) This board to remain awesome!

Spring Training cannot come quickly enough. See you HF's in Phoenix in February and March.

Until then, I will be dreaming of this.

RomoCabrera2.gif.opt_.gif

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas Stokesy. Hope you and the family are well (even the Dodger-loving son!!! :heh:).

Take care brother.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Stokes. Glad I stopped in.

Best wishes to all of you.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry fucking Xmas, ya goyisha bastards! Chinese food and movies for all.

:kev:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Stokes! (I tried to adapt your list to 12 days of Christmas but too many syllables ;))

re:CC same here. SportsHoopla..I just can't quit you

fyi, comcast is replaying game 7 NLCS tmw. They aired game 5 NLDS earlier tonight.

That game 5 is filled with epic Giants goodness. The entire scene with Posey's slam which started with a shot of a Johnny Bench jersey and concluding with a pouty Latos was my favorite.

Anyone else notice how annoying that kid (fittingly wearing a Latos sweatshirt) in the bottom of the 9th inning was while trying to distract Romo? He deserves a shot to the adam's apple but I guess watching strike 3 that close is good enough.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nice list stoksie.

Let me add a wish for packers loss in Minnesota, combined with a niners win. Had to endure Sunday night's debacle with a bunch of packers fans out here in the frozen tundra.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry fucking Xmas, ya goyisha bastards! Chinese food and movies for all.

:kev:

The heavenly aroma still hung in the house. But it was gone, all gone! No turkey! No turkey sandwiches! No turkey salad! No turkey gravy! Turkey Hash! Turkey a la King! Or gallons of turkey soup! Gone, ALL GONE!

[later]

Waiter #1, Waiter #2, Waiter #3: [singing] Deck the harrs with boughs of horry, fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.

Chop Suey Palace Owner: No, no, not 'ra ra ra ra', 'la la la la'! Try again.

Waiter #1, Waiter #2, Waiter #3: Deck the harrs with boughs of horry, fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.

Chop Suey Palace Owner: No, no! Sing something else.

Waiter #1, Waiter #2, Waiter #3: Jingre bers, jingre bers, jingre arr the way. Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sreigh!

"It's a beautiful duck. But that duck, it's smiling at me."

Whack!

[yelp!] "Well, that's better."

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice list stoksie.

Let me add a wish for packers loss in Minnesota, combined with a niners win. Had to endure Sunday night's debacle with a bunch of packers fans out here in the frozen tundra.

You think it was hard to endure THERE? Try flying up to the game, paying $450 to sit on the 30 yard line and watch that shit in person.

The Niners are not contenders, they are pretenders. The QB change was a mistake and the defense in general and Carlos Rogers in particular are overrated.

They will crush the Cards, beat a mediocre wild card team at home the following week, and then travel to GB for a beat down.

In the offseason, they need to upgrade the CB and DL, and get a good 2014 draft pick for Alex.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heavenly aroma still hung in the house. But it was gone, all gone! No turkey! No turkey sandwiches! No turkey salad! No turkey gravy! Turkey Hash! Turkey a la King! Or gallons of turkey soup! Gone, ALL GONE!

[later]

"But that duck, it's smiling at us."

Whack!

[yelp!] "Well, that's better."

Waiter #1, Waiter #2, Waiter #3: [singing] Deck the harrs with boughs of horry, fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.

Chop Suey Palace Owner: No, no, not 'ra ra ra ra', 'la la la la'! Try again.

Waiter #1, Waiter #2, Waiter #3: Deck the harrs with boughs of horry, fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.

Chop Suey Palace Owner: No, no! Sing something else.

Waiter #1, Waiter #2, Waiter #3: Jingre bers, jingre bers, jingre arr the way. Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sreigh!

BAM!! Post...of....Xmas!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think it was hard to endure THERE? Try flying up to the game, paying $450 to sit on the 30 yard line and watch that shit in person.

The Niners are not contenders, they are pretenders. The QB change was a mistake and the defense in general and Carlos Rogers in particular are overrated.

They will crush the Cards, beat a mediocre wild card team at home the following week, and then travel to GB for a beat down.

In the offseason, they need to upgrade the CB and DL, and get a good 2014 draft pick for Alex.

Justin, Vernon, David, Kendal, Mario, Kyle...

These guys have nothing to do with the Niners loss, right, tz?

I understand that injuries are a part of the game, and you won't find me bitching about it. But to call this team a "pretender" after that group of players going down (or deemed ineffective) to injuries is quite NN-ish.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that injuries are a part of the game, and you won't find me bitching about it. But to call this team a "pretender" after that group of players going down (or deemed ineffective) to injuries is quite NN-ish.

Yeah, I'm with cal on this.

As I said in the niner board, there isn't a playoff team which hasn't had a "pretender" game.

Winning @NO and @NE and losing @Sea doesn't ring pretender to me.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

None of that explains giving up a 28 point lead in Foxboro or rolling over like $3 whores in Seattle. It was fucking shameful. No team that has ever gone to the SB has given up a 28 point lead. Build for 2013.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm with cal on this.

As I said in the niner board, there isn't a playoff team which hasn't had a "pretender" game.

Winning @NO and @NE and losing @Sea doesn't ring pretender to me.

Problem is: the Niners have had FIVE pretender games:

@MIN
NYG
@SEA
STL
@STL

Pretender.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice list stoksie.

I'm a Jew, a lonely Jew,
I'd be merry, but I'm Hebrew
On Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that explains giving up a 28 point lead in Foxboro or rolling over like $3 whores in Seattle. It was fucking shameful. No team that has ever gone to the SB has given up a 28 point lead. Build for 2013.

Justin Smith and Tom Brady explain the 2nd half in Foxboro. NE is a STUD team. For them to do that against anyone is more on them then the team they are doing it to.

For the Seattle game; Smith, Davis, Williams, 12th man, and of course, Seattle had a lot to do with that loss.

Sometimes two good teams face each other and sometimes one of those teams shows up more than the other. This does not make one of them a "pretender".

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@MIN
NYG
@SEA
STL
@STL

Pretender.

You picked the only 5 non-wins the Niners have played this season. By this logic, all teams to ever play in the history of the NFL were pretenders, except the '72 Phins...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Smith and Tom Brady explain the 2nd half in Foxboro. NE is a STUD team. For them to do that against anyone is more on them then the team they are doing it to.

For the Seattle game; Smith, Davis, Williams, 12th man, and of course, Seattle had a lot to do with that loss.

Sometimes two good teams face each other and sometimes one of those teams shows up more than the other. This does not make one of them a "pretender".

And if we had played a close game and lost to Seattle I'd agree. If we hadn't pissed away a 28 point lead in Foxboro in less than a quarter I'd agree. Feel free to remind me of how wrong I was should the Niners make it to the NFC Championship game.

Odds are, you won't be reminding me at all.

Pretenders.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if we had played a close game and lost to Seattle I'd agree. If we hadn't pissed away a 28 point lead in Foxboro in less than a quarter I'd agree. Feel free to remind me of how wrong I was should the Niners make it to the NFC Championship game.

Odds are, you won't be reminding me at all.

Pretenders.

Wow. You are extremely NN-esque today.

Entering the season, I slotted the Niners at 10-6 or MAYBE 11-5. They are 10-4-1 going into the last game, or, in other words, exactly where I expected them to be.

Only two teams can play in the NFC championship game each year. All the other teams in the league do not qualify as pretenders. We're the Packers or Saints last year pretenders, or teams that just happened to lose games to good teams?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@MIN
NYG
@SEA
STL
@STL

Pretender.

No way, I've seen the 88 team go 10-6 in the regular season and still turn it up in the the postseason.

This was an extremely difficult schedule and they are getting penalized for losing some tough games, they should get credit for winning some even tougher games, too (Packers, Bears w/ a new QB, NO, and NE)

The division isn't even a discussion if the replacement refs didn't colossally screw up and give Sea and extra win.

Re: 28 point blown lead, the lead actually worked against them.
The first two TDs were like Mota giving up 5 runs after the Giants took a 10-0 lead. The following 2 TD drives were aided by a number of favorable ref calls and desperation 4 down tries. They stopped Brady on 3rd down over and over and in a closer game, the Pats punt.

I agree that blowing a 28 pt lead in the 3rd should never ever happen but that lead didn't happen by accident, they dominated for 45 minutes of that game.

Their recent play is not inspiring at all and AZ is an important game now but if they get the division, I like them over the likes of Dallas/Chicago/Washington/Minny/ even Seattle at Candlestick.