• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Merry Christmas to All

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yep. All their shortcomings, time clock management, play calling, special teams (wtf?) came into play.

Thing is NFL is harder to come back from this. I'm not sure the niners are favorites next year (Super Bowl hangover in play)

Marino consoled himself after his loss with the thought that he'd be back in the superbowl many more times, but, as it turned out, his first superbowl game was his last. He was a second year player too, same as Kap.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We crap on the defense but they didn't surrender a TD in the second half again. I'm not defending them but blame should be spread throughout the team.

One full game is all that would take. The niners overall are more talented than the ravens.

I'm drowning my sorrows and preface all my posts from here on that I am under the influence, but the cracks in the armor broke through at all the wrong times today (misplays, penalties, etc)

F*ck this game, the niners were the better team. Would have been nice if they played like it.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We crap on the defense but they didn't surrender a TD in the second half again. I'm not defending them but blame should be spread throughout the team.

One full game is all that would take. The niners overall are more talented than the ravens.

I'm drowning my sorrows and preface all my posts from here on that I am under the influence, but the cracks in the armor broke through at all the wrong times today (misplays, penalties, etc)

F*ck this game, the niners were the better team. Would have been nice if they played like it.

Illegal formation on the first play of the game was a bad omen. Two weeks to prepare and you can't lineup properly?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illegal formation on the first play of the game was a bad omen. Two weeks to prepare and you can't lineup properly?

I wish I could explain it.. But I can't

We all know Walsh and co. would have had the first 15 scripted.

I've argued all along that penalties and turnovers can override any matchup advantage. I guess non calls apply, too

I don't blame the refs. The niners had multiple chances to take this game into their hands even after their terrible first half.

Just a die hard, not taking this loss too well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has taken me this long to stop being pissed about that last drive. The fucking refs are too chicken shit to call PI with 1 min left in the game that they refuse to call an outright RAPING right in front of them. If they are going to allow that, why not just move to the way soccer does it? Have the refs blow the whistle whenever they feel like it to end the game.

Absolute horse shit!!

Ok, maybe I haven't calmed down enough yet...

Oh yea, and how in the hell can you have illegal procedure on the frat play of he game? Did they not know that was the play about 4 days ago?

And how does Williams NOT get tossed from the game? He looked at the ref, made eye contact, and shoved him. Amazing.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. All their shortcomings, time clock management, play calling, special teams (wtf?) came into play.

Thing is NFL is harder to come back from this. I'm not sure the niners are favorites next year (Super Bowl hangover in play)

I don't know if they will be the absolute favorites (although who would be? New England? Green Bay? Seattle?) I'm just saying they were/are the 'better' team over the Ravens. But Baltimore played better overall, and they won, which is how it should be.

Play that game 10 times and the Niners win 6 IMO.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marino consoled himself after his loss with the thought that he'd be back in the superbowl many more times, but, as it turned out, his first superbowl game was his last. He was a second year player too, same as Kap.

This story is well known, but the Fins never had a team as complete as the Niners were this year and could be again. He never had many other offensive weapons for example, especially a running game. And Kap (along with Griffin, Wilson, etc) is a new kind of QB. I'm saying it right now, in terms of overall threat, Kap is more talented/dangerous than Joe Montana. Yeah I said it. Obviously he has a long way to go but he can do anything Joe could do and a ton more. We'll see if he matures into the same kind of calm, reliable, unflappable sort.

There's no doubt he may never get to a SB again, but I like the Niners as a team while he's the QB and Harbaugh is coach and so should y'all

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This story is well known, but the Fins never had a team as complete as the Niners were this year and could be again. He never had many other offensive weapons for example, especially a running game. And Kap (along with Griffin, Wilson, etc) is a new kind of QB. I'm saying it right now, in terms of overall threat, Kap is more talented/dangerous than Joe Montana. Yeah I said it. Obviously he has a long way to go but he can do anything Joe could do and a ton more. We'll see if he matures into the same kind of calm, reliable, unflappable sort.

There's no doubt he may never get to a SB again, but I like the Niners as a team while he's the QB and Harbaugh is coach and so should y'all

Well he's already done a few things Joe never did, like throw an interception in a superbowl, and lose one.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It has taken me this long to stop being pissed about that last drive. The fucking refs are too chicken shit to call PI with 1 min left in the game that they refuse to call an outright RAPING right in front of them. If they are going to allow that, why not just move to the way soccer does it? Have the refs blow the whistle whenever they feel like it to end the game.

Absolute horse shit!!

Ok, maybe I haven't calmed down enough yet...

Oh yea, and how in the hell can you have illegal procedure on the frat play of he game? Did they not know that was the play about 4 days ago?

And how does Williams NOT get tossed from the game? He looked at the ref, made eye contact, and shoved him. Amazing.

Yeah, I couldn't believe that one too. Not even a flag for it. Kind of funny considering Brandon Lloyd got flagged for simply tossing the the ball back to a ref too hard, earlier this year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's already done a few things Joe never did, like throw an interception in a superbowl, and lose one.

Heh. True.

And he hasn't run for 200+ yards in a playoff game like that one time Joe did, but he's young yet there's time.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wish I could explain it.. But I can't

We all know Walsh and co. would have had the first 15 scripted.

I've argued all along that penalties and turnovers can override any matchup advantage. I guess non calls apply, too

I don't blame the refs. The niners had multiple chances to take this game into their hands even after their terrible first half.

Just a die hard, not taking this loss too well.

Roman supposedly scripts plays too. That's the thing of it - he needs to own that failure. Inexcusable.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Marino was, once.

See my answer above. But if you think Kap=Marino and the 1982 Dolphins = 2012 Niners, well, that's your trip man.

Of course he may never get back, but jeez, Nolan much?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if they will be the absolute favorites (although who would be? New England? Green Bay? Seattle?) I'm just saying they were/are the 'better' team over the Ravens. But Baltimore played better overall, and they won, which is how it should be.

Play that game 10 times and the Niners win 6 IMO.

On the radio they said Denver the favorite for next year with New England a close second. But Boomer Esiason picked the Niners to win it next year so there's that.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
See my answer above. But if you think Kap=Marino and the 1982 Dolphins = 2012 Niners, well, that's your trip man.

Of course he may never get back, but jeez, Nolan much?

LOL. You're such a front runner. Here's Danny's Wiki page. I love Kap's tools, but let's give him a few more than ten games before we assume he makes Marino look like some scrub in comparison.

And in 1982 Marino was at Pitt. But if you think he was playing for the Dolphins during the strike, well that's your trip, man.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You're such a front runner. Here's Danny's Wiki page. I love Kap's tools, but let's give him a few more than ten games before we assume he makes Marino look like some scrub in comparison.

And in 1982 Marino was at Pitt. But if you think he was playing for the Dolphins during the strike, well that's your trip, man.

Nah, I just like Kap's game. I'm not even a Niners fan. And the only one implying Marino was a scrub here was you.

My bad on the timeline, I was a kid back then...that Dolphins team was the 1984 team not 1982.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only one of us would post some pics counting down the days....

:heh:

film%20countdown%20hd3%20590.jpg

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nah, I just like Kap's game. I'm not even a Niners fan. And the only one implying Marino was a scrub here was you.

My bad on the timeline, I was a kid back then...that Dolphins team was the 1984 team not 1982.

No where did I imply Marino was a scrub, just the opposite, in fact.

The comparison was to a supremely confident and talented QB playing playing in his first superbowl in his second year, losing and consoling himself with the assumption that he'd be back again. I was agreeing with SFAnthem's comment, i.e. "Thing is NFL is harder to come back from this". Many a slip twixt the cup and the lip, there is. Great teams have trouble enough reaching and winning a superbowl, this niner team is not great. Very good, very talented, but schematically mediocre, and unpolished at a few key positions, IMO.

Funny how you now claim to having "been a kid" to excuse your ignorance of the Dolphin era in question, yet earlier you were implying knowledge enough to compare that team to this niners team. Just speak to what you know, and try to actually comprehend what others are writing. You'll have a much more fruitful time on these boards if you stick to that formula.

Last edited by a moderator: