• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Memphis is a legitimate threat

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Memphis trade scares me. Jeff Green struggles as a main option, but is going to fit in in Memphis really well. I think we're going to get in a war with Portland and/or Memphis in the playoffs.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Memphis trade scares me. Jeff Green struggles as a main option, but is going to fit in in Memphis really well. I think we're going to get in a war with Portland and/or Memphis in the playoffs.

Unlike most years there are probably 5-6 teams just in the West with a legitimate shot at the title. Usually only the top 2 seeds make the conference finals, sometimes a 3 gets in there, but almost never below that. This year the NBA has really split into good teams and terrible ones, with very few middling teams (because teams have figured out that there's no point in squeaking into the playoffs just to get crushed in the first round, so you should either tank to get a good draft or prepare to be really good).

Any of Portland, Memphis, Golden State, San Antonio, OKC, heck even Dallas or Houston wouldn't surprise me coming out of the West, and the East has Chicago, Atlanta, Toronto, and maybe even Cleveland with LeBron back.

This is by the way a good thing for the NBA in my opinion, this is way more fun than having only 3-4 teams league wide with any shot at a title. Just like last year the playoffs are going to be really fun, even the early rounds.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Memphis will go all out this year to get to the Final. I don't think Mark Gasol will come back next year. Mark will go to either NY or LAL next year. Probably NY, Phil Jackson will try to get both Rondo and M. Gasol next year. That's a legit 3.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Memphis will go all out this year to get to the Final. I don't think Mark Gasol will come back next year. Mark will go to either NY or LAL next year. Probably NY, Phil Jackson will try to get both Rondo and M. Gasol next year. That's a legit 3.

During the Warriors-Cavs game last week, Jeff Van Gundy said that NY will try to get 2 of out the following: Marc Gasol, Jim Butler and Draymond Green. I think the main guy that Phil Jackson wants to get is M. Gasol. If they can sign Gasol, Rondo will come.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis is a huge blocker to the Warriors post season success. The Grizzlies and Spurs just seem to always have the Warriors number. Both teams pose huge threats to our team, regardless of record in the Spurs case.

Adding Jeff Green just adds another dimension to the Grizz. I'd much rather face the Blazers, Rockets, Mavs, Rockets and Thunder/Suns. In a perfect world, both the Grizz and Spurs end up in the other side of the bracket and both get knocked out before the Warriors have to face them.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Green to the Grizz was big as well. Re the Knicks: it is hard to know how many players in the nba want to play w Carmelo. He is the most hard-to-figure guy in the league. Gasol and Rondo would be leaving very nice situations btw.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At full strength the Warriors are the better team.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis is a huge blocker to the Warriors post season success. The Grizzlies and Spurs just seem to always have the Warriors number. Both teams pose huge threats to our team, regardless of record in the Spurs case.

Adding Jeff Green just adds another dimension to the Grizz. I'd much rather face the Blazers, Rockets, Mavs, Rockets and Thunder/Suns. In a perfect world, both the Grizz and Spurs end up in the other side of the bracket and both get knocked out before the Warriors have to face them.

Not scared of memphis. Warriors do fine against Memphis. I think they're 2-3 against Memphis the last 2 years. 2 of those without bogut I believe and 1 without curry