• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon on verge of signing with Denver

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came into the league as a first round pick, has played 16 games once, one 1,000 yard season, one season above 4 YPC.

Came into the league undrafted, has had a 1,000 yard season every year, has never averaged less than 4.5 YPC.

Gordon may be more "complete," but Lindsay is by far and away the better running back.

Then it’s a good thing we have both running backs because that’s what you need to survive in today’s NFL.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that shows the point, rbs, especially complimentary ones, are a dime a dozen. Easily found in the draft. Solid cb and lineman are a lot more difficult and harder to find. Those positions fall under money well spent. Gordon won’t do shit if our offensive line isn’t fixed.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at his numbers, can't say I care. Played a full 16 games once in his career. Only over 4 YPC once in his career. Lindsay is better. Gordon should be a compliment to Lindsay and should only be getting a contract that fits that role.

I like even Freeman better with a real RG Last year he was never getting a hole he needs Lindsay is way quicker and he was even finding the hole. They were small and lasted so short Lindsay had trouble fitting trough.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsay is a more dynamic a runner, but Melvin Gordon is a better all around back - no question about it.

Gordon is the #1 back in the nfl for yards after being hit. That's a gift to the oline. It also makes the job easier for Lock in play action or roll out - certainly the Oline is better at pass protection when the defenders can't predict the pass play - because they have to respect the run.

Just like TD got John Elway off to a legendary retirement - Melvin Gordon can get Lock off to a good career start.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came into the league as a first round pick, has played 16 games once, one 1,000 yard season, one season above 4 YPC.

Came into the league undrafted, has had a 1,000 yard season every year, has never averaged less than 4.5 YPC.

Gordon may be more "complete," but Lindsay is by far and away the better running back.

Far and away?

Please. Take the homer glasses off. This is a silly comment by you.

Both are good RB's. To say Lindsay is far and away better just makes you look silly.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsay is a more dynamic a runner, but Melvin Gordon is a better all around back - no question about it.

Gordon is the #1 back in the nfl for yards after being hit. That's a gift to the oline. It also makes the job easier for Lock in play action or roll out - certainly the Oline is better at pass protection when the defenders can't predict the pass play - because they have to respect the run.

Just like TD got John Elway off to a legendary retirement - Melvin Gordon can get Lock off to a good career start.

Finally reading something with some sense. Thanks!

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is pretty much any NFL player.

Gordon has been well liked by his teammates in college and in the NFL from everything I have been told. Ekeler is fine... But don't be sappy!
Just for clarity, I have been off of the Gordon bandwagon since his first year. So when he held out during his contract most Chargers were done with him. That is why I say he is not as good as he thinks, or worth that money. He's always hurt too.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far and away?

Please. Take the homer glasses off. This is a silly comment by you.

Both are good RB's. To say Lindsay is far and away better just makes you look silly.

He's a better back. Plain and simple. He's more reliable and gets more yards.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you are being a little dramatic over his injuries... He has missed 8 games in 5 seasons? Remember, the 4 he missed this year were a holdout. Never had as serious injury.

Denver is paying about 5-8 million less for Gordon/Lindsay than the Cowboys will for Zeke Elliott.

SMH people.

We are getting one of the better RB's in the NFL for 8 mil a year... Enjoy this moment...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners showed last year.... 3 RB's carried their offense to the SB with a good defense.

This is the style Fangio brought here when we hired him to be coach. So let him do this thing.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a better back. Plain and simple. He's more reliable and gets more yards.

Plain and Simple? Surely not plain and simple.

Not true.

But the bottom line is.. We now have two good RBs, so does it even matter debating over which one is better when we have both?

Gordon is the better RB, but we now have 2 and maybe even 3 RB's which makes us much better on offense then we were before.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you are being a little dramatic over his injuries... He has missed 8 games in 5 seasons? Remember, the 4 he missed this year were a holdout. Never had as serious injury.

Denver is paying about 5-8 million less for Gordon/Lindsay than the Cowboys will for Zeke Elliott.

Good good people.

We are getting one of the better RB's in the NFL for 8 mil a year... Enjoy this moment...

WTF!?!?!? No you didn't.... Did you just use Melvin Gordon and Zeke in the same point.... as if they're remotely in the same universe... Wow!! I think it is VERY clear who is being dramatic and lacks education on your new acquisition.

Best of luck.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF!?!?!? No you didn't.... Did you just use Melvin Gordon and Zeke in the same point.... as if they're remotely in the same universe... Wow!! I think it is VERY clear who is being dramatic and lacks education on your new acquisition.

Best of luck.

annnnnnnnnnnnnd where did I say Zeke and Gordon were on the same level?

I am simply stating. We have two good RB's for quite a bit less money then Zeke is getting. Thus allowing us to spend money on other areas. Obviously Zeke is the best RB of the 3. Totally miss the point there.

Lacks education? Fool Ill go toe to toe with you any day on education in sports.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain and Simple? Surely not plain and simple.

Not true.

But the bottom line is.. We now have two good RBs, so does it even matter debating over which one is better when we have both?

Gordon is the better RB, but we now have 2 and maybe even 3 RB's which makes us much better on offense then we were before.

It matters because Gordon isn't very good. He's a decent receiver out of the back field, but that's about all he offers. He's not durable. He doesn't get many yards. He's was a locker room distraction.

I can't look at a player like that and say he is more valuable than Phillip Lindsay.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It matters because Gordon isn't very good. He's a decent receiver out of the back field, but that's about all he offers. He's not durable. He doesn't get many yards. He's was a locker room distraction.

I can't look at a player like that and say he is more valuable than Phillip Lindsay.

Sorry Mega. I will agree to disagree, but this is just stupid talk. Gonna stop wasting my time talking to you on this one before we both blow up on each other.
I am just gonna keep it plain and simple with you.

This is stupid talk.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
annnnnnnnnnnnnd where did I say Zeke and Gordon were on the same level?

I am simply stating. We have two good RB's for quite a bit less money then Zeke is getting. Thus allowing us to spend money on other areas. Obviously Zeke is the best RB of the 3. Totally miss the point there.

Lacks education? Fool Ill go toe to toe with you any day on education in sports.

Bwahaha!! Being that you've spent this much time begging anyone of your fellow Broncos fans to believe you that Gordon is some great back shows me that you are the fool.

Maybe you should think a bit before you hit enter, son.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwahaha!! Being that you've spent this much time begging anyone of your fellow Broncos fans to believe you that Gordon is some great back shows me that you are the fool.

Maybe you should think a bit before you hit enter, son.

Childish talk.

Nobody is begging. I don't have to beg. The knowledgeable people here already know.

Now you're swinging for the fence. Typical behind the internet behavior.

Go back to Mommy. Your lunchable is waiting on the table. ;)

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Mega. I will agree to disagree, but this is just stupid talk. Gonna stop wasting my time talking to you on this one before we both blow up on each other.
I am just gonna keep it plain and simple with you.

This is stupid talk.

Fair enough. You think Gordon is a good back that's comparable to Lindsay. I just don't see it.

And for the record, I never blow up. Keeping an even keel is my hallmark.