• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon on verge of signing with Denver

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... not a horrible contract. I like the two year deal. If he doesn't end up working out, we can move on from him relatively quickly.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good deal - IMO. Gordon is a TD machine - he is a threat in the passing game. On the average he gets 2.5 yards after contact.

Like @Draft Crazy mentioned this is very important for giving Lock less pressure to be the guy to make plays. Huge fit for the Shurmur type offense.

Not only is it jersey 25 for jersey 25, but it is also two players who turned down more lucrative offers from their team only to have to sign elsewhere for less.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m good with it. I know a lot of people say we overpaid but they won’t care if he’s helping the team return to the playoffs. I like his pass catching ability out of the backfield and it’s good to know he won’t have to be “the guy” in that position group. I think he does add to the offense and it’s a short deal if he doesn’t.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway can redeem himself from this move by drafting Queen

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some perspective here, we have officially made Gordon the 4th highest paid rb in the nfl right now, only Elliot, Bell and Johnson make more than him. And only one of those guys is worth his contract

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good deal - IMO. Gordon is a TD machine - he is a threat in the passing game. On the average he gets 2.5 yards after contact.

Like @Draft Crazy mentioned this is very important for giving Lock less pressure to be the guy to make plays. Huge fit for the Shurmur type offense.

Not only is it jersey 25 for jersey 25, but it is also two players who turned down more lucrative offers from their team only to have to sign elsewhere for less.

Al sorts of irony!

Let's get some smack talk going between the two now.

Now that Keenan Allen/Chris Harris are teammates and Rivers is gone we need something new in this rivarly!

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going to obviously root for Gordon, just like I rooted for that asshole Flacco. I just don’t get it

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mark Ingram is a TD machine at like 1/2 the price

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some perspective here, we have officially made Gordon the 4th highest paid rb in the nfl right now, only Elliot, Bell and Johnson make more than him. And only one of those guys is worth his contract

Two year deal though. Cap also going up each year... Every year for the past few years the cap has gone up and each position has gotten more money each year. All about timing with when you become a free agent when the cap goes up. People aren't signing more players for the same price when the caps goes up. Players sign for more money when the cap goes up.
2 years 8 mil a year. This is a cake contract.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when we try to resign Lindsay, 8 million a year is the starting point?

Gordon is the new Joe Flacco for me. Hate the deal and not a fan of the player. I always enjoyed when Denver stuffed him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when we try to resign Lindsay, 8 million a year is the starting point?

Gordon is the new Joe Flacco for me. Hate the deal and not a fan of the player. I always enjoyed when Denver stuffed him.

We won't be signing two RB's for 8 mil a piece. Lindsay will be due a new contract when Gordon's expires. Will probably make that decision then.

Gordon is better than Lindsay. As much as I love Lindsay. Gordon is a better RB then Lindsay. Bronco fans probably don't see it like that because Lindsay is a fan favorite and while a very good RB.. Gordon is a much more complete RB. They will go good together. I personally am not worried about extending Lindsay right now. You play to win. We are in a good situation here with Lindsay. If he plays better than Gordon then we extend him and use Gordon's expiring money to do so. This is a good problem to have if you are Denver. Not a bad problem.

Let me ask you. Why do you dislike Melvin Gordon?

Joe Flacco is bad. Melvin Gordon is good. I don't understand where you're coming from on this one. Just because he was a Charger? Get over that! He is a Bronco now.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon has scored 1 more TD than Lindsay each of the past 2 seasons and played in 4 less games each season, the guy knows how to find the endzone which is something Denver desperately needs. Plus he's much more of a receiving back than Lindsay so they'll complement each other well.

For only $8 million a year for 2 years this is a good deal.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is better than Lindsay. As much as I love Lindsay. Gordon is a better RB then Lindsay.

Came into the league as a first round pick, has played 16 games once, one 1,000 yard season, one season above 4 YPC.

Came into the league undrafted, has had a 1,000 yard season every year, has never averaged less than 4.5 YPC.

Gordon may be more "complete," but Lindsay is by far and away the better running back.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came into the league as a first round pick, has played 16 games once, one 1,000 yard season, one season above 4 YPC.

Came into the league undrafted, has had a 1,000 yard season every year, has never averaged less than 4.5 YPC.

Gordon may be more "complete," but Lindsay is by far and away the better running back.
I don’t know which one is a better RB, but there isn’t a question that Gordon is a better receiver out of the backfield. One of the better ones in the game.