• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McElwain is officially out

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is if both Alabama and Georgia make it to the SECCG, and Georgia's defense stops a dual threat QB, it'll be about the first time in Kirby's career he has done so.

We've faced a few dual threat QBs this year, and so far, all have been shut down.

Taylor Lamb- App State
Brandon Wimbush- Notre Dame
Nick Fitzgerald- Mississippi State

The drop back passer with a big arm has given the defense the most trouble this season.

But given that, we're still not set up to beat Bama this season. Yall's D-line would eventually wear down our undersized o-line, and if the run game ain't working, hard to trust any true freshman, even one as good as Fromm has been with beating a team like Bama.

Like I said earlier(maybe in another thread, I don't remember), the only way UGA beats Bama is if it's a low scoring defensive struggle and Bama shoots themselves in the foot a few times. Our kicker might look like a nerd, but he has been pretty damn reliable.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've faced a few dual threat QBs this year, and so far, all have been shut down.

Taylor Lamb- App State
Brandon Wimbush- Notre Dame
Nick Fitzgerald- Mississippi State

The drop back passer with a big arm has given the defense the most trouble this season.

But given that, we're still not set up to beat Bama this season. Yall's D-line would eventually wear down our undersized o-line, and if the run game ain't working, hard to trust any true freshman, even one as good as Fromm has been with beating a team like Bama.

Like I said earlier(maybe in another thread, I don't remember), the only way UGA beats Bama is if it's a low scoring defensive struggle and Bama shoots themselves in the foot a few times. Our kicker might look like a nerd, but he has been pretty damn reliable.

I meant one one a good team.

Still have to see how good Alabama is. I can see this team being the best at Alabama there has ever been and going 15-0. But then I look at our SoS and I'm like - well fuck I really don't know. LSU and Auburn will provide some measure.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant one one a good team.

Still have to see how good Alabama is. I can see this team being the best at Alabama there has ever been and going 15-0. But then I look at our SoS and I'm like - well fuck I really don't know. LSU and Auburn will provide some measure.

Well, Notre Dame is pretty good.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would make sense if the St Johns actually flowed into GA, but since it ends in Jacksonville, I think it must mean Jacksonville sucks, and I think we will be in agreement on that statement.

It does. You can have it if you want...would actually give your pointless state a port.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Randy Shannon head coaching again (even if it just temporary). He got a lot of flack for things at Miami but he did clean up the program and recruit quite well. His defenses are also top notch. The next HC would be wise to keep him as DC.

He didn't clean up the Miami program...he made it worst.

He had good paper recruits, but he recruited 8 from the same team. Miami Northwestern.
They listened to him when they wanted to and none of them played hard.

It got worst after Shannon was booted, because those Northwestern thugs wouldn't
listen or adapt to the new guy either. He booted most of them.

Shannon was a fool taking 8 homeboys from the same HS. That's a rough culture down
there and rule #1 in survival is you stick with your home boy. The loudest mouth of the
Northwestern players was the one actually in charge of the other 7. Shannon had zero
control over any of them

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Florida guys need to give the god Tim Drevno a call!! :nod:

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't clean up the Miami program...he made it worst.

He had good paper recruits, but he recruited 8 from the same team. Miami Northwestern.
They listened to him when they wanted to and none of them played hard.

It got worst after Shannon was booted, because those Northwestern thugs wouldn't
listen or adapt to the new guy either. He booted most of them.

Shannon was a fool taking 8 homeboys from the same HS. That's a rough culture down
there and rule #1 in survival is you stick with your home boy. The loudest mouth of the
Northwestern players was the one actually in charge of the other 7. Shannon had zero
control over any of them

Dude, you're just making up theories and nonsense.

Miami had a horrendous culture when Shannon came there. Only one arrest when he was there. That's pretty impressive. He also told kids to stay away from Shapiro.

Regarding Jacory Harris and the boys, there were some problems at the end, but that is more due to entitlement issues with some of these kids. Overall, he did a reasonable job at Miami. He's an excellent defensive co-ordinatior.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you're just making up theories and nonsense.

Miami had a horrendous culture when Shannon came there. Only one arrest when he was there. That's pretty impressive. He also told kids to stay away from Shapiro.

Regarding Jacory Harris and the boys, there were some problems at the end, but that is more due to entitlement issues with some of these kids. Overall, he did a reasonable job at Miami. He's an excellent defensive co-ordinatior.

Well, that was an interesting response.

In paragraph one you suggest I am making things up. In paragraph three you confirm what I had
written. Good job.

If I wanted to invent something I would write that the reason Miami has a "U" on their helmet
is to remind people there is a "U" in Cuba, instead of how the locals pronounce it..."Cooba"

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give Florida props here. I always think it's ridiculous when programs hold onto coaches who have already sealed their fate to be fired after the season. If you aren't going to hang onto a guy, fire them ASAP. Give the program to a coordinator and start a coaching search. There is an early signing period to worry about now, but ultimately the last thing you want to do is give a new coach only a few weeks to piece together a recruiting class in January. Have something locked up in back channels and as soon as the season ends, sign them on the dotted line.

Florida now has over a month to conduct a search before most programs will even be starting.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give Florida props here. I always think it's ridiculous when programs hold onto coaches who have already sealed their fate to be fired after the season. If you aren't going to hang onto a guy, fire them ASAP. Give the program to a coordinator and start a coaching search. There is an early signing period to worry about now, but ultimately the last thing you want to do is give a new coach only a few weeks to piece together a recruiting class in January. Have something locked up in back channels and as soon as the season ends, sign them on the dotted line.

Florida now has over a month to conduct a search before most programs will even be starting.

They'd have to hire a head coach that is currently idle. How many times has a college head coach left their team 'during' the regular season to take another job? Particularly one who is having a successful season.
I suppose they could get a coordinator to leave a team during the season.

That being said, they would be hiring a new HC 'after' the regular season is finished anyway. I.E. Late November/Early December. Hence they'd be right where every other school is in recruiting.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd have to hire a head coach that is currently idle. How many times has a college head coach left their team 'during' the regular season to take another job? Particularly one who is having a successful season.
I suppose they could get a coordinator to leave a team during the season.

That being said, they would be hiring a new HC 'after' the regular season is finished anyway. I.E. Late November/Early December. Hence they'd be right where every other school is in recruiting.
They could have it all aligned so the hire is done as soon as the season is over. If you have a coach in place by early December, you're well ahead of most teams who fire their coach.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have it all aligned so the hire is done as soon as the season is over. If you have a coach in place by early December, you're well ahead of most teams who fire their coach.

So said coach is going to be out recruiting for his new team while he's coaching another team?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So said coach is going to be out recruiting for his new team while he's coaching another team?
Of course not. But the sooner they can jump on that, the better. Florida has a month to find the right guy and hopefully have some sort of verbal agreement in place. And potentially longer if, as you mentioned, they can find someone in the NFL or who is idle that they can hire ASAP.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. But the sooner they can jump on that, the better. Florida has a month to find the right guy and hopefully have some sort of verbal agreement in place. And potentially longer if, as you mentioned, they can find someone in the NFL or who is idle that they can hire ASAP.

LOL

That would apply to any administration planning to make a change, no? Even one who is letting their HC finish out.

Fact is, you're not going to get an active HC to leave his team until after the regular season (including potential CCG's). There is no advantage here.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

That would apply to any administration planning to make a change, no? Even one who is letting their HC finish out.

Fact is, you're not going to get an active HC to leave his team until after the regular season (including potential CCG's). There is no advantage here.
You could do it with a head coach in place, but the optics of that might look way worse.

At minimum, it allows recruits to know what's happening. It also prevents fans from being pissed for another month. That pressure goes away as soon as you fire the head coach.

It would be basically unheard of for a team to fire a coach and immediately hire a coach days later in late November or early December.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could do it with a head coach in place, but the optics of that might look way worse.

At minimum, it allows recruits to know what's happening. It also prevents fans from being pissed for another month. That pressure goes away as soon as you fire the head coach.

It would be basically unheard of for a team to fire a coach and immediately hire a coach days later in late November or early December.

Apparently you don't understand there are two parties involved. I.E the head coach who will be leaving his team to take another job. How about those optics?

Admins are potentially talking to agents about interest, but that would happen for a school who's fired their coach or one that has decided to fire theirs after their regular season.