• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McDermott over Randle?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him play, but I also saw Jimmer Fredette and Adam Morrison play and they were incredible too. Being incredible in college doesn't always translate to the NBA.

McDermott may well be a solid NBA player, but with top 10 pick, a team should be able to expect something better than solid. If the Lakers make a trade that includes a later pick in the draft, then I could see them taking McDermott.

Other than the fact that they are white guys, I don't see McDermott being like Fredette or Morrison at all. He's a much more complete player than either of them IMO. I understand wanting someone with a higher ceiling, but how many of those guys just don't pan out? With McDermott, I think it is a case of what you see is what you get. I think his game will translate well to the NBA. God help me if it does, I don't think the Creighton fans around here could worship him any more than they already do :L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bks posted a link to the latest mock draft from nbadraft.net on the main board. 6-10 looks like this:

6.) Celtics - Marcus Smart
7.) Lakers - Julius Randle
8.) Kings - Aaron Gordon
9.) Hornets - Elfrid Payton
10.) Sixers - Gary Harris

They have McDermott projected as going to the Suns at #14.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact that they are white guys, I don't see McDermott being like Fredette or Morrison at all. He's a much more complete player than either of them IMO. I understand wanting someone with a higher ceiling, but how many of those guys just don't pan out? With McDermott, I think it is a case of what you see is what you get. I think his game will translate well to the NBA. God help me if it does, I don't think the Creighton fans around here could worship him any more than they already do :L

Fredette was considered more as just a 3-point shooter, but Morrison was supposed to be a complete player. NBAdraft.net has McDermott projected as the #14 pick which seems about right to me. That's the range for a solid NBA player. At #7, you're looking for an all-star caliber player.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fredette was considered more as just a 3-point shooter, but Morrison was supposed to be a complete player. NBAdraft.net has McDermott projected as the #14 pick which seems about right to me. That's the range for a solid NBA player. At #7, you're looking for an all-star caliber player.

I think comparing the two of them, McDermott is more athletic and I have a feeling people will be surprised by his defense. Not saying he's a shutdown guy or anything, but the way some people talk, they seem to think a traffic cone would be just as effective.

To be real honest, I didn't even know what pick was being discussed. 7 is probably a bit high for him. I think the earliest I've seen him projected is 9. With that, I will stop defending a damn Creighton player :lol: Being in Nebraska, I've seen him play live a few times, and on TV more times than I can count in addition to every local sports show dissecting his game, so I figured I could provide a little bit of insight.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think comparing the two of them, McDermott is more athletic and I have a feeling people will be surprised by his defense. Not saying he's a shutdown guy or anything, but the way some people talk, they seem to think a traffic cone would be just as effective.

To be real honest, I didn't even know what pick was being discussed. 7 is probably a bit high for him. I think the earliest I've seen him projected is 9. With that, I will stop defending a damn Creighton player :lol: Being in Nebraska, I've seen him play live a few times, and on TV more times than I can count in addition to every local sports show dissecting his game, so I figured I could provide a little bit of insight.

I had no idea that Huskers had Creighton hate. What you've said about him sounds good. To be completely honest, I am always skeptical about white guys early in the draft. For every Larry Bird or even Kevin Love, their seem to be 3 or 4 Adam Morrison's and Jimmer Fredette's.:lol:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea that Huskers had Creighton hate. What you've said about him sounds good. To be completely honest, I am always skeptical about white guys early in the draft. For every Larry Bird or even Kevin Love, their seem to be 3 or 4 Adam Morrison's and Jimmer Fredette's.:lol:

Some don't. There are those that cheer for Nebraska football and Creighton basketball. To us Husker basketball fans, they are the devil. Pick a damn side :gaah:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

Really? McDermott is not the best basketball player in this draft by far!!! Are you related to him LOL

Absolutely he is. The closest to him is jabari parker. The rest of the top of the draft is littered with guys with potential and projected output. McDermott is more versatile than them, a better scorer than them and by far and away the most nba ready guy in the draft. Name me one guy more ready. Its not even really close. If you want sportscenter highlights take a guy like wiggins. If you want the best scorer in the draft you take mcdermott

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him play, but I also saw Jimmer Fredette and Adam Morrison play and they were incredible too. Being incredible in college doesn't always translate to the NBA.

McDermott may well be a solid NBA player, but with top 10 pick, a team should be able to expect something better than solid. If the Lakers make a trade that includes a later pick in the draft, then I could see them taking McDermott.

:agree: