• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McClain Problem?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Tulloch

hell...he can have Ro's number too
Justin Durant, who will turn 31 in September, is a name that had been floating around, and it now looks like the Cowboys are looking at him as an option at the MLB spot.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Durant, who will turn 31 in September, is a name that had been floating around, and it now looks like the Cowboys are looking at him as an option at the MLB spot.

Cowboys Considering Signing LB Justin Durant, Deal Could Be In Place Soon
Nate Bouda 5 hours ago Cowboys 0 Comments

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the Cowboys are discussing a potential reunion with LB Justin Durant.

• According to Garafolo, an agreement could be in place at some point in the near future.
Signing Durant to a contract would bolster their linebacker depth now that they’ll be without Rolando McClain for 10 games after he was recently suspended.

Durant, 30, is a former second-round pick of the Jaguars back in 2007. He spent four years in Jacksonville before signing on with the Lions in 2011. Durant later played two years for the Cowboys before signing three-year, $10.8 million contract with the Falcons.

Atlanta elected to cut Durant loose back in February and this is the first reported interest in him since he became available.

In 2015, Durant appeared in 13 games for the Falcons and recorded 82 tackles, no sacks, and three pass defenses.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'm fine with Durant if we are going the older vet route. I thought he played pretty well here

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'm fine with Durant if we are going the older vet route. I thought he played pretty well here
I agree he played well then but he will obviously have to prove he still can. I liked him as a player but wondered if he could repeat that kind of performance again. Could be he just fits Rod system - we will see.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he played well then but he will obviously have to prove he still can. I liked him as a player but wondered if he could repeat that kind of performance again. Could be he just fits Rod system - we will see.
I would imagine it's a no or very low guaranteed $ deal. So no harm no foul. But I agree, he has to show that he can still play on Sundays. I would also like to make sure if one of the younger guys steps up and shows they are ready to play that he and the other vets don't block them.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...plays hard and knows the defense. Might get beat up some along the way, but effort is always there.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently McClain did not report to camp. It's sad that he lacks the dedication. He could have been a monster. It is time to cut him

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would have thought this guy could have got his stuff in 1 sock and set his self and his family up for life

SMH good grief to give these young men some guidance if they would only look ahead at the heights they could achieve

As Parcell's said it is what it is

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspended Cowboys linebacker is reportedly 40 pounds overweight
Rolando McClain is also reportedly hooked on the purple drank

Rolando McClain's offseason seems to be going from bad to worse.

According to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, McClain has gained so much weight this offseason that it will be "almost impossible" for him to ever play for the Cowboysagain. According to Cole, McClain is hooked on the "purple drank," which has caused him to gain some serious weight. (For those unfamiliar with the "purple drank," it's a combination of a codeine-based cough syrup and a sugary drink like Sprite. JaMarcus Russell was famously another fan of it.)

The linebacker is reportedly about 40 pounds overweight.

For the last few months, the Cowboys haven't been happy with McClain, who skipped every single one of the team's offseason workouts, except for the three days of mandatory minicamp he was required to attend in June.

McClain's status with the team has only gotten murkier over the past six weeks. Back on June 30, the linebacker was hit with a 10-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Although no one in Dallas has mentioned the "purple drank" by name, owner Jerry Jones did admit in July that McClain is having "dependency issues."

"Disappointed is the word," Jones said of McClain in July. "It is a recognition that these dependency issues are a difficult thing to address. We are proud of everything that we've gotten from Rolando. His aptitude as a football player is almost unsurpassed as one of the best that I've seen. We all say it's such a waste, but with us, knowing him, we've got the best that he's done in pro football."

Jones has insisted that the team won't cut him, despite the fact that the linebacker has become completely unreliable. McClain was placed on the reserved/did not report list after he didn't show up for the opening of Cowboys training camp last week.

The Cowboys linebacker has basically been on thin ice almost since the day he was selected No. 8 overall by the Raiders in the 2010 draft.

Since then, McClain has retired twice and been arrested three times. McClain's most recent retirement came in April 2014 after a very brief offseason stint with the Ravens.

After things didn't work out in Baltimore, the Ravens traded McClain to Dallas in July 2014. Although he revitalized his career for a short time with the Cowboys, things have slowly regressed.

The 10-game suspension marks the second time that McClain's violated the NFL's substance abuse policy. The linebacker was also suspended for four games during the 2015 season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Disappointed is the word," Jones said of McClain in July. "It is a recognition that these dependency issues are a difficult thing to address. We are proud of everything that we've gotten from Rolando. His aptitude as a football player is almost unsurpassed as one of the best that I've seen. We all say it's such a waste, but with us, knowing him, we've got the best that he's done in pro football."

Jones has insisted that the team won't cut him, despite the fact that the linebacker has become completely unreliable. McClain was placed on the reserved/did not report list after he didn't show up for the opening of Cowboys training camp last week.

Today's dumbass remark by Jerry: "Look how good we are at helping guys with problems"...while at the same time the player addicted to codeine, not showing up to any team activities, not at rehab and is suspended 10 games for substance abuse and 2 other guys are also suspended and we are being fined by the league for being horrible at keeping players in line. What a dick! Get your damn head out of the sand...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just call this experiment off already. Be done with him.

It's too bad that it came to this. If the guys head was on straight we all saw the impact he made in 2014 and that was coming in cold and not in football shape and dealing with injuries. I really believe he could have been one of the best LBs in the NFL for this era. But as we stand here today he is just a problem for this team and he needs to go. I don't care if he doesn't take up a roster spot or cost us anything while suspended. We need to start letting other players know that this isn't acceptable for the Dallas Cowboys.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's dumbass remark by Jerry: "Look how good we are at helping guys with problems"...while at the same time the player addicted to codeine, not showing up to any team activities, not at rehab and is suspended 10 games for substance abuse and 2 other guys are also suspended and we are being fined by the league for being horrible at keeping players in line. What a dick! Get your damn head out of the sand...
So sick of Jerry from his lame brain draft picks, to constantly taking the nut cases and druggies. Forgive me negative view point, but I already fill like this teams season is in jeopardy. Things im tired off
1. Jerrys dumb out burst
2. Drafting addicts. Either make weed legal already or quit drafting guys who can't pass drug test.
3. Jerry's so called 2nd round bargains. Drafting these gimpy players because they have first round talent. You can't make the team in freaking rehab.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Stephen Jones get power of attorney over Jerry already?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad that it came to this. If the guys head was on straight we all saw the impact he made in 2014 and that was coming in cold and not in football shape and dealing with injuries. I really believe he could have been one of the best LBs in the NFL for this era. But as we stand here today he is just a problem for this team and he needs to go. I don't care if he doesn't take up a roster spot or cost us anything while suspended. We need to start letting other players know that this isn't acceptable for the Dallas Cowboys.
mclain is a player when he wants to play, but his commitment is only to himself.

Manster has it right

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not against giving guys 2nd and 3rd chances, but if those guys don't want to use those chances to better themselves, let it go. Jerry has to understand he cannot help those not wanting help.
If Jerry wants to really help he'd cut them and pay for their rehab with no return promises. All Jerry's doing is coddling and enabling.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against giving guys 2nd and 3rd chances, but if those guys don't want to use those chances to better themselves, let it go. Jerry has to understand he cannot help those not wanting help.
If Jerry wants to really help he'd cut them and pay for their rehab with no return promises. All Jerry's doing is coddling and enabling.
I'm not against it either, but you need to pick your spots and even more importantly you need to cut them loose as soon as it is evident it was a mistake and there is a problem. We should cut McClain immediately and we should have cut Hardy last year mid-season. It was clear he wasn't going to be back and he was being disruptive and we weren't going anywhere. This team seems unable to admit mistakes and move on and instead holds out for "what if". McClain and Hardy are just two of the many examples.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against it either, but you need to pick your spots and even more importantly you need to cut them loose as soon as it is evident it was a mistake and there is a problem. We should cut McClain immediately and we should have cut Hardy last year mid-season. It was clear he wasn't going to be back and he was being disruptive and we weren't going anywhere. This team seems unable to admit mistakes and move on and instead holds out for "what if". McClain and Hardy are just two of the many examples.
Completely agree, and the bolder is a major problem. Egos, especially Jerry's ego needs to be checked at the door.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is you cant help someone if they wont help themselves. I don't know Rolando and wish him well in trying to get his life together but its past time to move on. One of the local radio stations calls Jerry injury picks Blue Star Specials and the castoff pickups Blue Star Rehabs.

I honestly believe its way past time to end those 2 Jerry Special programs and concentrate on solid talent with solid backgrounds and let the players with red flags alone.

And Jerry don't even think about signing Manziel