• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McClain Problem?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClain's home issues are looking like he doesn't want to practice any more than he has to.
that's his story for his three seasons in Dallas.
Thankfully the LB position is being valued in Dallas and with a little luck, the ND backer makes McClain expendable next season

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's his story for his three seasons in Dallas.
Thankfully the LB position is being valued in Dallas and with a little luck, the ND backer makes McClain expendable next season
Yep, if McClain has home issues next season, let him stay home.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClain will suffer some form of "injury" and miss most of training camp/preseason - I'm calling it now. Maybe he will suffer a hamstring/pulled muscle injury, that should be enough cover for him to sit out until it counts.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClain will suffer some form of "injury" and miss most of training camp/preseason - I'm calling it now. Maybe he will suffer a hamstring/pulled muscle injury, that should be enough cover for him to sit out until it counts.
that's a safe call....you'd have to give good odds for takers

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a safe call....you'd have to give good odds for takers

True enough. I'm not exactly going out on a limb. McClain is so predictable it's sad/funny. I'll actually be shocked if it doesn't happen.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well cut him now!!!!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
suspended 10 games now, what an idiot

exactly cut bait

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys LB Rolando McClain Suspended 10 Games For Substance Abuse Violation
Nate Bouda 6 mins ago Cowboys 0 Comments

ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Todd Archer are reporting that Cowboys LB Rolando McClain has been suspended 10 games for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy.

This suspension could end up costing McClain his $750,000 signing bonus.

Last year, McClain served a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy, so this is hardly the type of news that the Cowboys want to hear.

McClain elected to skip the team’s OTAs, but was arrived in time for the start of mandatory minicamp.

McClain, 26, is a former first-round pick of the Raiders back in 2010. He spent three years in Oakland before taking a year off and later signing with the Ravens.

Baltimore traded McClain to the Cowboys in 2014, and Dallas elected to bring him back on a one-year, $5 million contract back in March.

In 2015, McClain recorded 80 tackles, two sacks, an interception returned for a touchdown, and three pass defense.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut this fool and be done with it

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow just wow I hope Hitchens is ready to take a step up. If we lose Hitchens or Lee though our defense will be cooked. :gaah:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys starting linebacker Rolando McClain hit with 10-game suspension
The Cowboys will now be missing three key defensive players to start the 2016 season.

For the third time this offseason, a key member of the Cowboys defense has been hit with a suspension.

The team announced on Thursday that Rolando McClain has been suspended for the first 10 games of the 2016 season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

McClain now joins teammates DeMarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory on the NFL's suspension list.

Gregory, who was suspended in February, was docked four games for violating the same policy as McClain. However, McClain was hit with a more severe punishment because it's the second time that he's been suspended under the league's substance-abuse policy.

The middle linebacker was also handed a suspension in 2015, which caused him to miss the first four games of the season.

As for Lawrence, who was suspended in April, the Cowboys' starting defensive end thought he had a good chance of getting his suspension overturned, but that didn't happen. The team announced on Thursday that Lawrence's appeal has officially been denied, which means he'll miss the first four games of the 2016 season.

The three suspensions mean that the Cowboys will start the season without three of their projected defensive starters.

rolando-mcclain-suspension-06-30-16.jpg
Rolando McClain has been suspended, again. USATSI

SPONSORED BY STOLI THE VODKADRINK WHAT YOU WANTReal men aren’t afraid to let their flavor flag fly. Trust your gut, follow your mouth and enjoy Stoli...

Although the Cowboys are undoubtedly concerned about all three players, they're probably most concerned with McClain, who's ran into trouble several times during his five-year career.

The Cowboys linebacker has basically been on thin ice almost since the day he was selected No. 8 overall by the Raiders in the 2010 draft.

Since then, McClain has retired twice and been arrested three times. McClain's most recent retirement came in April 2014 after a very brief offseason stint with the Ravens.

After things didn't work out in Baltimore, the Ravens traded McClain to Dallasin July 2014. Although he's revitalized his career with the Cowboys, the team clearly views him as a risk, which is why they've only signed him to a series of one-year deals since his arrival.

McClain's latest contract, which he signed in March, was a one-year deal worth up to $5 million. However, thanks to the suspension, McClain won't be able to earn anywhere near that number.

The linebacker was set to get $125,000 for every game he was on the active roster plus another $1 million if he played in 75 percent of the team's defensive snaps. Due to the suspension, McClain will miss out on at least $2.25 million in bonuses (numbers via Spotrac).

It's not clear who will take McClain's spot at middle linebacker, but it will likely be either Sean Lee or Anthony Hitchens.

Saves some money I guess

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate losing the size but Hitchens is a player.
:hope:
Wilson showed he could play in the NFL too. Losing McClain hurts but it doesn't end the season. Not sure why I replied to you PDay because I think you're going to say the same thing.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson showed he could play in the NFL too. Losing McClain hurts but it doesn't end the season. Not sure why I replied to you PDay because I think you're going to say the same thing.

If only you had the depth of washingt... I couldn't resist