• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McClain Problem?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClain is a good player when not suspended. At this point he lacks dedication and is a waste of a roster spot. Lets see if negoche can do anything. They should move on from this assclown.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wish we had drafted myles jack.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why am I not surprised?

I didn't want McClain back in the first place, and this is the exact reason I was hoping we drafted a LBer capable of playing this year.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rolando McClain is Jeff George all over at a different position 100 million dollar talent with a ten cent brain

I do believe its time to quit taking players with issues or do damn better due diligence before you take the plunge

WTH another wild ride of a season coming up guys

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Todd Archer writes that it’s time for the Cowboys to move on from LB Rolando McClainfollowing the news that he’s been suspended for 10 games after violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
  • Cutting McClain would leave the Cowboys out the $750,000 signing bonus they gave him, but would also free up $2.625 million in available cap space.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Following the news that LB Rolando McClain will be suspended for 10 games after another substance abuse violation, David Helman mentions that Anthony Hitchens andAndrew Gachkar would be his favorites to open the season as the starting middle linebacker.
  • Helman adds that even McClain won’t count against their the 53-man roster, it seems counterintuitiveto let Rolando take camp reps away from the other linebackers.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be nice to see Carr do something

Cowboys
Following the news that LB Rolando McClain will be suspended for 10 games after he violated the league’s substance abuse policy for the second straight year, Cowboys veteran CB Brandon Carrsays it will be up to the rest of the defense to come together this summer to offset his loss.

“Well, anytime you get a guy going down in your unit, you have to come together even stronger to make up for that slack,” Carr mentioned during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio, via Pro Football Talk. “But Rolando is a guy that’s made a lot of plays for us in the past two years, another dominant presence on the field. So we’re definitely going to miss that. But football’s a game of the next man up, it’s a game of inches. So it’s going to take for all of us to come to training camp focused and next man up, get him ready, get prepared to go out there to battle.”

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you get 3 impact players suspended for substance abuse violations of some sort in one off season it is not acceptable and you need to take action to let everyone else know that it is not acceptable. So cut McClain today. I don't care how cheap his contract is. At some point Garrett can't go around talking about the "right kind of guys" and "doing things the right way" while this goes on over and over. Accountability and the message needs to be sent loud and clear.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you get 3 impact players suspended for substance abuse violations of some sort in one off season it is not acceptable and you need to take action to let everyone else know that it is not acceptable. So cut McClain today. I don't care how cheap his contract is. At some point Garrett can't go around talking about the "right kind of guys" and "doing things the right way" while this goes on over and over. Accountability and the message needs to be sent loud and clear.

Agreed, but cutting Ro doesn't send any message. We aren't going to cut Gregory or DLaw though, so the message would be pretty hollow.

But for the cap savings and to be done with that asshole, I agree we should cut him. The 3 games a year that he is healthy and geared up for aren't worth the uncertainty and roster spot. I'd rather have a special teams guy that is busting his ass over a McClain that physically shows up when he wants and mentally shows up even less.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but cutting Ro doesn't send any message. We aren't going to cut Gregory or DLaw though, so the message would be pretty hollow.

But for the cap savings and to be done with that asshole, I agree we should cut him. The 3 games a year that he is healthy and geared up for aren't worth the uncertainty and roster spot. I'd rather have a special teams guy that is busting his ass over a McClain that physically shows up when he wants and mentally shows up even less.
I agree 100%. Ro has used up his 2nd and 3rd chances, I think he's hitting his 6th chance right now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. Ro has used up his 2nd and 3rd chances, I think he's hitting his 6th chance right now.

And honestly I don't think there is another team in the league that would pay Ro a dime. Not after this crap with Dallas and knowing he is 1 test away from a yearlong ban, which would be a career ender.

Sadly, I think if Dallas cuts Ro it could end up costing him is life. If you can't get your shit together enough to preserve a million dollar payday, what are you going to do when you have no income?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly I don't think there is another team in the league that would pay Ro a dime. Not after this crap with Dallas and knowing he is 1 test away from a yearlong ban, which would be a career ender.

Sadly, I think if Dallas cuts Ro it could end up costing him is life. If you can't get your shit together enough to preserve a million dollar payday, what are you going to do when you have no income?

Call me an ass, but that's a him problem. I understand some will call it a sickness, but a NFL team is a business, not a rehab center. I'm done with Ro and I tend to be more forgiving of players than many other fans are.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me an ass, but that's a him problem. I understand some will call it a sickness, but a NFL team is a business, not a rehab center. I'm done with Ro and I tend to be more forgiving of players than many other fans are.

I pretty much agree. We can't hold the hand of everyone that needs help. I'm all for giving him support, but not at the expense of the rest of the team.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree. We can't hold the hand of everyone that needs help. I'm all for giving him support, but not at the expense of the rest of the team.
Maybe this is something the NFLPA should fight for. If a player wears out his NFL welcome the league will support his rehab, but said plater is no longer NFL eligible for life.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is something the NFLPA should fight for. If a player wears out his NFL welcome the league will support his rehab, but said plater is no longer NFL eligible for life.

NFLPA will probably just say that is what their pensions are for. I'd imagine that player support and post-career insurance are high on the list in the next CBA.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Yep, this is a bad trend that needs to stop now. Cut McLain now. Accountability has to be the team's message.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Yep, this is a bad trend that needs to stop now. Cut McLain now. Accountability has to be the team's message.

I don't think anyone outside of Jerry has the power to cut McClain. Garrett can cut a 4th string CB for not wearing a suit on a team plane ride, but he can't cut a guy with a higher profile like McClain for much worse. Couldn't discipline Hardy last year either. Jerry's pets are untouchable it would seem.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the ultimate decision on cutting players is Jerry's and who knows how that discussion would go, but I think he would listen to his coaches and Stephen and could be swayed if they all felt it was best. Also, if Garrett really wanted to discipline McClain I'm sure he could have. Regardless of how much we all want to pin the negative stuff on only Jerry, I don't think Jerry is down there telling Garrett who to play and who to sit. It just becomes a convenient crutch to blame everything bad on Jerry. I blame Marinelli and Lett for that too. No reason at all Hardy should have led the DL in snaps while missing and being late for so many meetings. All are accountable. The more Garrett talks, the more he seems hypocritical. I do really think he believes in the "right kind of guy". Where I think he falls short is on the enforcement side.

All in all I'm not terribly worried about McClain being out - which is also why I would cut him and send everyone else a message. If you don't think cutting your starting MLB is a message, I have to disagree. I am very excited to see some of our young LBs play. I think Hitchens was fantastic two years ago for a first year LB that was shuttled around from position to position. I was a little disappointed he didn't take a step forward last year but I think he is a player. With health Lee will lock up one of the spots and while I haven't seen anything with my own eyes to tell me he can do it I read a lot of good things about Nzeocha who was hurt last year and never really got a chance. Throw in Wilson who I also liked for a year one guy and the vets in Wilbur and Gachkar and I think we will be fine. If injuries strike and thin out the group even more I will be worried, but right now I'm OK. More concerned about the pass rush and coverage.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the ultimate decision on cutting players is Jerry's and who knows how that discussion would go, but I think he would listen to his coaches and Stephen and could be swayed if they all felt it was best. Also, if Garrett really wanted to discipline McClain I'm sure he could have. Regardless of how much we all want to pin the negative stuff on only Jerry, I don't think Jerry is down there telling Garrett who to play and who to sit. It just becomes a convenient crutch to blame everything bad on Jerry. I blame Marinelli and Lett for that too. No reason at all Hardy should have led the DL in snaps while missing and being late for so many meetings. All are accountable. The more Garrett talks, the more he seems hypocritical. I do really think he believes in the "right kind of guy". Where I think he falls short is on the enforcement side.

All in all I'm not terribly worried about McClain being out - which is also why I would cut him and send everyone else a message. If you don't think cutting your starting MLB is a message, I have to disagree. I am very excited to see some of our young LBs play. I think Hitchens was fantastic two years ago for a first year LB that was shuttled around from position to position. I was a little disappointed he didn't take a step forward last year but I think he is a player. With health Lee will lock up one of the spots and while I haven't seen anything with my own eyes to tell me he can do it I read a lot of good things about Nzeocha who was hurt last year and never really got a chance. Throw in Wilson who I also liked for a year one guy and the vets in Wilbur and Gachkar and I think we will be fine. If injuries strike and thin out the group even more I will be worried, but right now I'm OK. More concerned about the pass rush and coverage.
There's the reason I wasn't too worried about Ro's suspension. While Dallas may not have a stable of great LB's the do have depth with quality LB's. I'm not too worried about the DLine for the same teadon, the quality depth is there to cover the first 4 games, when the suspensions are over the pass rush should be there.