• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mccann to the yankees

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, overpaying for the Upton brothers and Uggla, you have to save some money as well as cut down on strikeouts somewhere....Gattis should fit right in.

And we still won our division in spite of all that. Yeah, he'll fit right in. With the rest of the WINNERS.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we still won our division in spite of all that. Yeah, he'll fit right in. With the rest of the WINNERS.

dude, you know the Dodgers won the division and the Royals had a winning record, correct...so what did the Braves win, a world series? a division title with McCann?

Quick to trash a player when they gave some very good years to the Braves for someone who hasn't won crap. A little pissed he left, I would guess.

Don't get me wrong, I have watched Gattis since he signed with Atlanta, his story is really great, but he was actually rushed to the bigs

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no matter what insults you want to hurl, Uggla is and has been the worst contract in MLB since he arrived in ATL....Upton is going to give him a run for his money soon.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its out of the realm of possible that McCann can be a catcher for 5 more years. And he is a HUGE upgrade over what they had at catcher this past season. Hes above average at the important things for a catcher defensively, he isn't great at throwing runners out but hes good enough. And the way he hits, there is a good chance he can have a 30+ HR season at Yankee stadium being that he'll benefit from the short porch.

I'm glad we don't have a automatic out at catcher anymore. The Yankees should make a few more upgrades before this offseason is over with.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude, you know the Dodgers won the division and the Royals had a winning record, correct...so what did the Braves win, a world series? a division title with McCann?

Quick to trash a player when they gave some very good years to the Braves for someone who hasn't won crap. A little pissed he left, I would guess.

Don't get me wrong, I have watched Gattis since he signed with Atlanta, his story is really great, but he was actually rushed to the bigs

I didn't trash anybody. I stated that McCann is the overall better player above. So not sure what you are talking about here.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no matter what insults you want to hurl, Uggla is and has been the worst contract in MLB since he arrived in ATL....Upton is going to give him a run for his money soon.

Their stories aren't over yet. How do you know Uggla and Upton won't be great this year? You don't. Which is why I say, "We'll see." I do expect Upton to improve but Uggla probably has seen his best day already. There is a chance that he does better, though. So I'm not willing to throw him out just yet. And neither are the Braves.

We've got the best farm system in baseball and that's why we win games. So if Uggla and Upton don't step up we've got several more guys like Gaddis to call up. No biggie there.

A Dodgers fan can always expect friendly insults from a Braves fan and vice-versa. No problem there. :yahoo:

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their stories aren't over yet. How do you know Uggla and Upton won't be great this year? You don't. Which is why I say, "We'll see." I do expect Upton to improve but Uggla probably has seen his best day already. There is a chance that he does better, though. So I'm not willing to throw him out just yet. And neither are the Braves.

We've got the best farm system in baseball and that's why we win games. So if Uggla and Upton don't step up we've got several more guys like Gaddis to call up. No biggie there.

A Dodgers fan can always expect friendly insults from a Braves fan and vice-versa. No problem there. :yahoo:

Ehhh I remember BaseballAmerica doing a list at season's end, and the Braves farm was somewhere in the 10-15 range if I recall. Boston was #1 easily.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its out of the realm of possible that McCann can be a catcher for 5 more years. And he is a HUGE upgrade over what they had at catcher this past season. Hes above average at the important things for a catcher defensively, he isn't great at throwing runners out but hes good enough. And the way he hits, there is a good chance he can have a 30+ HR season at Yankee stadium being that he'll benefit from the short porch.

I'm glad we don't have a automatic out at catcher anymore. The Yankees should make a few more upgrades before this offseason is over with.

Well that's the issue....he might be 'good enough' at age 29, but in a couple of years will be still be good enough defensively? Maybe not.

And I've been saying this a lot (particularly in threads with Cabrera and Fielder) so it may sound repetitive, but big body type position players (especially those that are slugger types) tend not to age well into their 30s, whether it be a sharp decline in hitting or injuries, if not a combination of both.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhh I remember BaseballAmerica doing a list at season's end, and the Braves farm was somewhere in the 10-15 range if I recall. Boston was #1 easily.

They may have had the best a few years ago.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may have had the best a few years ago.

Yea, I could see that back when they had Freeman, Heyward, Freeman, Medlen, etc in the minors simultaneously.

Just found the Baseball America list of farm systems...they do this one based on prospects with near-term value:

1. Boston
2. Astros
3. Padres
4. Rangers
5. Cubs (tied)
5. Royals (tied)
7. Twins
8. Cards
9. D'Backs
10. Braves

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

do you trout fish? Gaddis Fly is the only Gaddis I know...but its used alot....your stud on your team you are refering to is Evan Gattis...just letting you know...no insult...thought you just spelled it wrong the 1st time...

Uggla and Upton will not be great this year, Medlen, heck any of the pitchers...maybe even a slight chance Gattis just blows up...but Uggla and Upton will absolutely not live up to their contracts..I know it.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE could talk about coulds, woulds, ifs, ands and buts for another 50 pages. We'll see. I think the kid will get better. If he don't then I'm wrong. Nevertheless, McCann is not worth $85 mil to the Braves. We don't want or need him that bad.

The Yanks can have him and we'll see how well that pans out, too. At least he isn't A-Rod.

just kickin a guy to the curb and basically saying McCann is equal to Gattis...trashing a player, then trashing the Royals and the Dodgers...

anyway good luck...ATL pitching staff rcompletely rocks but they and Oakland had the two offensive lineups that I would want to face last postseason...Oakland because low average and not much power...ATL..whiff machines (could have produced the stadiums lights energy with the wind power), low averages but had power.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id like to face the royals in a play off.. no HEART

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their problem isn't "heart." Their problem is a very mediocre lineup and rotation (their #2 is who, Jeremy Guthrie???). Oh, and a crappy GM.

But keep pretending "intangibles" are their problem.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol, still love you dougie, starting to believe you may be the best poster on these boards...because you keep me smiling.