• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mccann to the yankees

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the fact the Yankees pay for previous production it keeps saddling them with A Rods, Texiaras, Pavanos, and Swishers of MLB.

Hey Tiger fan,

Nuff said.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how this became a Weiters Vs McCann issue.

McCann is winding down his career and Weiters is going into his prime. The Yankees have a habit of paying top dollar for Veterans that are looking for their last payday and it bites them in the ass more often than not. When New York makes a solid trade like acquiring Granderson they have better results.

McCann at that payday will not out produce guys by enough to make it worthwhile. He is a good catcher but so was Martin just earlier in their careers.

I like the fact the Yankees pay for previous production it keeps saddling them with A Rods, Texiaras, Pavanos, and Swishers of MLB.

do what?

McCann-29 yrs old-6'3"
Weiters-27 yrs old-6'5"

at that heights for a catcher they both could be pulled from catcher soon.

McCann is also signing with the Yankees in his 20's, 2 years older than McCann and 1 year younger than Miguel Cabrera...so does that mean Miggy career is almost over?

Signing Verlander, Fielder, Vmart and Hunter for what? previous production?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do what?

McCann-29 yrs old-6'3"
Weiters-27 yrs old-6'5"

at that heights for a catcher they both could be pulled from catcher soon.

McCann is also signing with the Yankees in his 20's, 2 years older than McCann and 1 year younger than Miguel Cabrera...so does that mean Miggy career is almost over?

Signing Verlander, Fielder, Vmart and Hunter for what? previous production?

When McCann wins a an MVP or triple Crown then we can discuss basing it on past performance. JV - MVP/Cy Young, Fielder was an awful signing and I was against it, it damn near broke the Tigers back going forward, VMart and Hunter signed a fair contracts and hit over .300.

A catcher is different as your expectations are different. 29 for a catcher is like hitting 30 for a RB.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When McCann wins a an MVP or triple Crown then we can discuss basing it on past performance. JV - MVP/Cy Young, Fielder was an awful signing and I was against it, it damn near broke the Tigers back going forward, VMart and Hunter signed a fair contracts and hit over .300.

A catcher is different as your expectations are different. 29 for a catcher is like hitting 30 for a RB.

A-Rod won 2 MVPs in 3 years and 3 MVPs in 5 before signing that mega-deal, so if we're using your logic, was it OK to give him the ridiculous deal he got?

I wouldn't think so...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCann should hit 30+ HRs in the little league field they call Yankees Stadium

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet who keeps knocking the Yankees out of the playoffs?

It don't mean a thing if you aint got that ring.

You keep enjoying watching the Yankees struggle while waiting for the next parade in Detroit.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

actually like the RB reference, but there are more good RB than their are Catchers..supply and demand again...but JV didn't give the production for the money any way you slice it last year. Hunter for 13 mil and Vmart for 12.5...were both over paid for their production unless you think the going rate for 15 hrs and .300 is worth that...

Miggy earned his money this year, big time

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too much money for a guy who wont be catching too much longer.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good player but he isn't worth the $85 mil. You guys can have him; we've got Gaddis.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Words like "too much money" and "worth" have different meanings in different markets.

All this is is an upgrade over Chris Stewart/Austin Romine/Francisco Cervelli.

Nothing more.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good player but he isn't worth the $85 mil. You guys can have him; we've got Gaddis.

Gattis definately has the power...the average and defense could bite you in the butt this year.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gattis definately has the power...the average and defense could bite you in the butt this year.

No doubt McCann is better overall. But hopefully Gattis will hit well enough to make up for his weaknesses as he gains more experience. And he'll get better with time, too.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to believe that the Yanks don't have a catcher in their minor leagues who can match McCann's numbers in a couple of years. $85 million for a catcher with these kind of numbers? Sounds like mediocrity is here to stay in the Bronx for a few more years.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to believe that the Yanks don't have a catcher in their minor leagues who can match McCann's numbers in a couple of years. $85 million for a catcher with these kind of numbers? Sounds like mediocrity is here to stay in the Bronx for a few more years.

yes, because catchers that OPS+ around 115 are a dime a dozen.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they do, Gary Sanchez, the #1 prospect catcher this season, but 2 to 3 years away, then McCann moves to 1st base or DH most likely.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt McCann is better overall. But hopefully Gattis will hit well enough to make up for his weaknesses as he gains more experience. And he'll get better with time, too.

Offensively, it's far from a guarantee that Gattis will get better when that didn't even happen with the guy he's replacing in McCann (who had his 2 best seasons at ages 22 and 24).

And if we were to look at a guy similar to Gattis in the sense that they came out of nowhere in their late 20s, we can look at Paul LoDuca, peaked in his first season.

And with the way Gattis hit post-May (.219 AVG, .653 OPS), he could very well become a mediocre hitting catcher without good defense to compensate.

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively, it's far from a guarantee that Gattis will get better when that didn't even happen with the guy he's replacing in McCann (who had his 2 best seasons at ages 22 and 24).

And if we were to look at a guy similar to Gattis in the sense that they came out of nowhere in their late 20s, we can look at Paul LoDuca, peaked in his first season.

And with the way Gattis hit post-May (.219 AVG, .653 OPS), he could very well become a mediocre hitting catcher without good defense to compensate.

WE could talk about coulds, woulds, ifs, ands and buts for another 50 pages. We'll see. I think the kid will get better. If he don't then I'm wrong. Nevertheless, McCann is not worth $85 mil to the Braves. We don't want or need him that bad.

The Yanks can have him and we'll see how well that pans out, too. At least he isn't A-Rod.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE could talk about coulds, woulds, ifs, ands and buts for another 50 pages. We'll see. I think the kid will get better. If he don't then I'm wrong. Nevertheless, McCann is not worth $85 mil to the Braves. We don't want or need him that bad.

The Yanks can have him and we'll see how well that pans out, too. At least he isn't A-Rod.

yes, overpaying for the Upton brothers and Uggla, you have to save some money as well as cut down on strikeouts somewhere....Gattis should fit right in.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, overpaying for the Upton brothers and Uggla, you have to save some money as well as cut down on strikeouts somewhere....Gattis should fit right in.

We shall see. Good luck to the Dodgers and Royals this upcoming season. I believe they will need it. Bro.