• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Vampire League

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm down for whatever and will not cause conflict... But I completely disagree that Vamps need more in the draft.
This type of league is not set up to equalize September matchups for the Vamps.

The more tweaks we do, the more this just becomes a regular league.

:2cents:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm down for whatever and will not cause conflict... But I completely disagree that Vamps need more in the draft.

I have the same thoughts. The changes proposed does simply make more like a regular league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tweaks are not intended to “equalize”

That isn’t the point.

The point is taking away the need for regular teams to all roster 2 QBs and 2 TEs/DSTs.

Giving vamps a slightly better chance of not starting 0-4 while also giving everyone else a way to improve their rosters and dodge bye issues. But, only after vamps have their way with the waiver list.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the same thoughts. The changes proposed does simply make more like a regular league.

Kind of the point.

And a league where you have to give away your best player when you lose is not a normal league.

I don’t want this to be another suicide league. We already have 2 of those.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of the point.

And a league where you have to give away your best player when you lose is not a normal league.

I don’t want this to be another suicide league. We already have 2 of those.
In suicide you don't lose your best player when you lose, so it's not like that at all IMO. I'll roll with whatever. However one of the features of Vampire league is to see how effective it is build from the WWs for the Vampires vs those who have to rely on drafted players. I'm no expert on Vampire leagues so perhaps I'm off base.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tweaks are not intended to “equalize”

That isn’t the point.

The point is taking away the need for regular teams to all roster 2 QBs and 2 TEs/DSTs.

Giving vamps a slightly better chance of not starting 0-4 while also giving everyone else a way to improve their rosters and dodge bye issues. But, only after vamps have their way with the waiver list.

Irrelevant. Josh Allen is QB5.
Mike Evans first two weeks combined was 6 for 89. Chark had a monster September.
Waivers TE have been pretty equal to the top tier.
DST is chaos. 12 remaining after 20 are picked.

Regular owners drafting have the info needed. They are responsible for bye week variety. Heck, I drafted specifically avoiding bye weeks in 7 and 9 (my vamp games).

Like I said...whatever everyone wants, but this is supposed to be a vampire league...not a slight handicap league. I think such proposals disrupt the entire concept.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irrelevant. Josh Allen is QB5.
Mike Evans first two weeks combined was 6 for 89. Chark had a monster September.
Waivers TE have been pretty equal to the top tier.
DST is chaos. 12 remaining after 20 are picked.

Regular owners drafting have the info needed. They are responsible for bye week variety. Heck, I drafted specifically avoiding bye weeks in 7 and 9 (my vamp games).

Like I said...whatever everyone wants, but this is supposed to be a vampire league...not a slight handicap league. I think such proposals disrupt the entire concept.

You realize my proposals give something to both sides, right?

And I am talking 14 man rosters instead of 16.

Starting your draft at 141 instead of 161 is not a “slight handicap”

It will still be very hard. But my proposal gives regular owners a reason to check in more than once a week. And that is a good thing.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize my proposals give something to both sides, right?

And I am talking 14 man rosters instead of 16.

Starting your draft at 141 instead of 161 is not a “slight handicap”

It will still be very hard. But my proposal gives regular owners a reason to check in more than once a week. And that is a good thing.

But irrelevant to the concept of a vampire league.

Your team is incredible.
One tweak and there is no point of playoffs.

Cook, Kamara, Gordon, Evans, Adams, John Brown, Waller...
Sure, Trudem didn't have the same pieces fall in place, but giving the non vamps more access won't help that either.

I just think we need more than one year before we start tweaking. One major injury creating a breakout backup, and we're having a very different conversation.

RB is the only position the vamps are buried from day one. If we change that, then I don't see the point.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to vamp rules. Except we draft no more than 3 total qb and te. Its our choice 2 qb 1 te. Or 2 te. 1 qb. And on bye week we can ir the position we have with only 1. and pick up that open position for that week. but put back the player immediately after using him that week.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But irrelevant to the concept of a vampire league.

Your team is incredible.
One tweak and there is no point of playoffs.

Cook, Kamara, Gordon, Evans, Adams, John Brown, Waller...
Sure, Trudem didn't have the same pieces fall in place, but giving the non vamps more access won't help that either.

I just think we need more than one year before we start tweaking. One major injury creating a breakout backup, and we're having a very different conversation.

RB is the only position the vamps are buried from day one. If we change that, then I don't see the point.

My suggestion does not change RB depth at all. Might even lead to MORE RBs being drafted.

It eliminates the need for everyone to roster multiple QBs and DSTs. Gives vamps a fighting chance early. And gives teams like Belmont Stakes (not even sure who that is) some recourse when they hit adversity early on.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am good with waiting a year.

But I believe once more of you have had a chance to experience the vampire position, you will see what I am talking about.

But honestly, I think my suggestions end up helping everyone else even more than the Vamps.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am good with waiting a year.

But I believe once more of you have had a chance to experience the vampire position, you will see what I am talking about.

But honestly, I think my suggestions end up helping everyone else even more than the Vamps.

Yeah. Maybe I'm rebutting more than I thought I would. Not trying to be a dictator.

But I drafted Lamar at 136. If instead, you drafted him at 142... This would have been over before Halloween.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good discussion. I like this league concept. I am all for waiting a year to tweak anything at this point.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I've been kind of letting this conversation play out. Honestly, to me the tweak I would suggest next year is to only have one vampire. I really think that would make a difference. Even though Trudem didn't have the same luck as Tlance, if Tlance had access to Chark and the 49ers defense (they have both been on Trudem's roster pretty much the whole year) then he might have won earlier than he did. Plus it will be easy this year because the winner of the league will become the vampire next year and then we don't even have to worry about deciding on the 2nd vampire.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Maybe I'm rebutting more than I thought I would. Not trying to be a dictator.

But I drafted Lamar at 136. If instead, you drafted him at 142... This would have been over before Halloween.

Please don’t stop rebutting. I know we disagree, but this conversation is important for the league.

Regardless of how good the vamp gets, they are vulnerable in the playoffs when others can improve too.

And it is a huge uphill battle to get there.

My bet is that if we keep settings the same with 2 vamps and 16 person roster, we won’t get many vamps in the playoffs. Maybe 1 n 5 years.

That is my guess.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I've been kind of letting this conversation play out. Honestly, to me the tweak I would suggest next year is to only have one vampire. I really think that would make a difference. Even though Trudem didn't have the same luck as Tlance, if Tlance had access to Chark and the 49ers defense (they have both been on Trudem's roster pretty much the whole year) then he might have won earlier than he did. Plus it will be easy this year because the winner of the league will become the vampire next year and then we don't even have to worry about deciding on the 2nd vampire.

There is 1 major benefit to 2 vamps though.

We don’t have to wait more than a decade in between turns.

I vote to keep 2 vamps for that reason alone.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is 1 major benefit to 2 vamps though.

We don’t have to wait more than a decade in between turns.

I vote to keep 2 vamps for that reason alone.

Agree.

I actually almost said to up it to four...but couldn't look that far ahead beyond that. Might be messy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not too hard to figure out:

Should go by power ranking for that next spot.

And in subsequent years it is champ + highest remaining power rank who hasn’t had a turn yet. And if the champ has already had a turn, just go down the list.