• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Player Profiles

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My profile is on the previous page, only update is I am a year closer to death. Unfortunately I am still a Vikings fan!

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My profile is on the previous page, only update is I am a year closer to death. Unfortunately I am still a Vikings fan!

i once knew a Brown's fan. He got tired of all the losing and switched to being a Vikings fan. He died the first season.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: David L

Fantasy Screen Name: Barilko

Why that name?
Being a music fan especially if you are Canadian more often than not would have you loving The Tragically Hip. Well many years back a good friend of mine (who shares the same passion for the Hip and for Weekly Football Pools) were in a conversation about the various names of the players in my pool. By the time our little discusssion ended some how Barilko was born. Funny thing though Bill Barilko was a NHL player who played his whole career as a Toronto Maple Leaf and the last goal he ever scored came in overtime in 1951 and won The Stanley Cup. As a matter of fact all 5 games in that 1951 final went to overtime. Of course they beat my beloved Habs (Montreal Canadians for you Treff) thus the irony.The great band and Canadian icons "The Tragically Hip" tell the Barilko story in their song "My Fifty Mission Cap"

City and State of Residence: huh profile the profiler what State Canadian Eh!
im in the Montreal suburb of Dorval Quebec Canada

Time Zone: Eastern

Married or Single: Married

Children: 20 year old Angel and a crazed 14 year old Hockey Nut

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): I work for a fine American institution FedEx. 33+ years (ouch) already- driver planner scheduler and all round trouble shooter

Work hours: 8:30 till 6 ish sometimes later on Wednesday night

When do you post to SportsHoopla: I usually check SportsHoopla mid afternoon on Weekdays on my lunch break. I will read the bolder links and chime in if I feel I can add anything new or maybe double down on what has already been said. I find most times I'm usually doubling down as you guys are quick on the draw and oh so knowledgable I do lurk learn and steal but don't tell anyone

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Well certainly on the various MBBRL boards and I do try to add on any other FF link that catches my eye especially ones that ask about subjects that i may be able to chime in on

Who is your favorite NFL team (if you have one)? Houston Texans i really was a completely insane die hard Houston Oiler fan Luv Ya Blue

How long have you been playing fantasy football? 12 plus years i dont know time flies

Why did you start playing fantasy football? I have been running various Hockey and Football pools for years and then one of my work mates brought FF idea to work and from there it didn't take long. One year later I started running my Keeper PPR league and of course still do

What brought you to the MBBRL? Well best way to put it is I was attracted to the extreme writings of good ol Foot and all the very earned rebuttals the boys posted. I read The Golden Mountain Saga and I knew I wanted in. So way back when I asked begged pleaded posted et etc and Wil Of White went out of his way and emailed ESPN and figured a way for me to take over one of the infamous Drones. If I remember well I put on a good show with the drone and have been a member ever since

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 5- A D1 D2 Suicide Coma

How many other fantasy football leagues are you typically in? 4

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? playoffs in 5 won 1

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Draft night is fun for sure but really all of it and those numbers well...

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your ability to talk smack on the message boards? define smack usually smack for me is no holds barred and that isnt in my nature , well not much anyhow.. if it is to try and be funny ill attempt to chime in, sometimes i get a laugh and many times plain ignored as in what is that silly Canuck talking about now

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? the desire to do better add honest input and fair play

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Thinking I'm the only unlucky one it's me right? and only learning about the yearly rookie crop as they arrive having not had a clue who they were before hand

What one fantasy player pissed you off the most with their performance last year and it makes you think twice about owning them this year?
John Ross and i still have him on dynasty teams what is it about Bengal receivers that cant stay healthy

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time?
i have to go with "All Day" Peterson
here is to hope that it ends up being McCaffrey

Tell us one funny/amazing/horrible story involving your fantasy football career: Honestly i cant think of anything to special maybe losing to Lefty in a semi by i think .02 ya .02 not .2 or anything but .02 funny No! maybe Lefty thought so... oh and during the same year in my work league it doesnt seem possible but im here to tell ya it is I led the league in points scored and even with 8 teams making the playoffs Ol Barilko wasnt one of them

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated for the final time. ....

Name:
Doug C.

Fantasy Screen Name: Leftypower

Why that name? Well, I know it wasn't me that came up with it. I think it was Bandit and his brother, although I'm thinking it had a bit more Bandit in it. As I remember, it really had nothing to do with fantasy football at all - believe it came about from little league and the bazillion pitches I threw him and his team-mates.

City and State of Residence: Titusville, Florida

Married or Single: Married to the same dear woman for 47yrs (yes, she has a lot of patience and may read this)

Children: Yes, two damn fine boys if I say so myself. Also have two wonderful grandkids courtesy of Bandit.

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Retired at age 62+1 month. Worked at Kennedy Space Center as a Fire Protection Engineer for 33+ years prior. Before that, City of Titusville, Firefighter for 7-1/2 yrs.

Work hours: none - Bahaaaaaa !!!!

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Generally first thing in the morning but can be seen most anytime of the day.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Mostly only the Bandit league and rookie stuff occasionally dynasty 1,
But do read and comment on other FF related topics that grab my interest.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? 12 years. The first year was in Bandit's pay league after he and his brother convinced me that I did not have to pull again the Ravens or Colts if I didn't own any.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? From Bandit "..... Most of you would be shocked to know that he was actually very reluctant to play and it took some convincing by me and my brother."

What brought you to the MBBRL? Well, it wasn't the MBBRL when I first got involved and it was mostly by coincidence that I stumbled across the original 12 from posts on CBS. Being new to fantasy, I had posed questions on the forum, and they were kind enough to answer. We got to 'know' one another and seemed to see eye to eye on most things (except maybe Foot), next thing I know Wil came up with the league concept, we discussed ideas on what to call it, and the rest is history. Retired 2019.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? Dynasty 1 (with Fuzzy).

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? 5. Two annual pay leagues and 3 dynasty.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? a grand total of 3 playoffs.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? I would say the draft, like some of you have stated. The research, the guesses, the what the heck is he thinking?, and of course, the what the heck was I thinking?

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? I'm going to say the off-season preparation. Basically, I don't ever take much of a break. It used to be waivers since I play that a lot, but the majority of guys I play with now are just as good or maybe even better. Gotta get better at holding on to that #1 spot next yr.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Setting my friggin lineup. I waffle back and forth so much it's border-line insane. Most times it really doesn't amount to a hill of beans since the 'wrong' choice is within a couple of points of the right one - but sometimes it's the difference between winning and losing. Have told myself many a time that I'm just going to concentrate on a starting lineup and scrubs for bye-week fillers - but when a guy I have ranked higher is there - even if he my 5th WR I just can't seem to help myself. I think I need counseling.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? Well, in years past I would say without a doubt WilWhite. Guy was so witty and at the same time level headed - so I'm gonna stick with him. However, now there are a number of very fine ones - but I won't point them out since I'll probably forget someone.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? AJ Green

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time? LaDanian Tomlinson. Was never in position to draft him the first 4 yrs I played and every one of those years, whoever had him kicked my ass.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I know everyone is wondering, "Who IS Payton, and what makes him tick?" ;)

Name:
Kevin J.

Fantasy Screen Name: Payton

Why that name? Payton... As in WALTER Payton. Born in Chicago 'burbs at the time when all the Bears had was Walter. All time favorite athlete and the ONLY celebrity/athlete death that ever brought me to tears.

City and State of Residence: Winchester, Virginia

Children: 2 ... 16 year old girl and 11 year old boy.

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): I do IT work for a local school system.

Work hours: 7-3:30 technically, but tack on an hour commute on either end of that.

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Whenever. I work at multiple sites and thus have constant access if needed.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Came over here in the 'Great KFFL Exodus' awhile back. Had been mainly politics board, but have tried not to post there much lately. So the Bears' Forum, Movie/TV/Entertainment, Video Game forums and just recently the Fantasy Football forum where I instantly endeared myself to everyone by viciously arguing that Clyde Edwards-Helaire is going to be the second coming of Barry Sanders (Okay, I'm not THAT high on him... LOL!)

Who is your favorite NFL team (if you have one)?
Chicago Bears

How long have you been playing fantasy football? Geez... 1995... so 25 years.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? Heh, I was reading a magazine that had an ad in it for a pay fantasy league. Asked a buddy if he wanted to go halvsies on the cost and he told me he had just joined a local league and they had an open spot... Jumped right into a Dynasty league at that time and never looked back.

What brought you to the MBBRL? Pure accident. ;) Honestly wasn't looking to join a league, but appreciate the invite. You all seem like a fairly tight group, which is cool!

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? Ummmm One.

How many other fantasy football leagues are you typically in? Have one dynasty league that I'm in other than Suicide A group here. I don't like a lot of leagues because I hate having to root for and against the same players at the same time if I can avoid it...

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? Again, its just the one league. Have made the Championship in 5 of the last 6 years and won 3 titles, but 2019 was not one of those title years. :(
What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? If I'm being honest, when I started fantasy in 1995 I was at a place where the NFL wasn't holding my interest that much. The Bears kinda sucked and hey, I was fresh out of FSU with Charlie Ward and the boys having won our first Natty in 1993 (My Senior Year). So I was more a college fb fan... The great thing about fantasy football (And the commissioner of my first league used to always say this and its true!) is that it gets you watching and caring about games that you otherwise wouldn't care about... I mean, who wants to watch the Cardinals vs. Jets? Not too many people, but now, if you have a fantasy player going from one of those teams or going against you? NOW you want to watch!

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your ability to talk smack on the message boards? Eh, it depends what you mean by "Smack"? I'll argue player values till the cows come home (obviously), but as far as talking shit to a league about my fantasy team? Not really something I care to do... So either a 5 or a 1, depending.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? From a dynasty standpoint, I'm the Patriots as far as offloading players a year too soon rather than a year too late... Pisses rivals in my league off something fierce. One guy is always saying, "Would you STOP giving him 1st round draft picks!".. :D I build and maintain well... So being in a single-year league will obviously negate that. LOL!

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Still talking dynasty... I get ants in my pants sometimes and just can't hold my cards, even if I have a winning hand. I fall victim to the "Shiny new object"!

What one fantasy player pissed you off the most with their performance last year and it makes you think twice about owning them this year? James Conner... I think the Steelers have shown that Big Ben is the straw that stirs the drink there and the running game is still okay without him, but not the fantasy juggernaut it is with Ben playing. Throw on top of that the fact that Conner seems to get banged up a bit too much and I just don't know how much he can be trusted.

Having read other profiles, most of the best ones have been said: Tomlinson, Moss, Emmitt, S Young, M Faulk, ADP... But for consistency over a long career? Probably Emmitt

Tell us one funny/amazing/horrible story involving your fantasy football career:
We used to video tape all of our drafts back in the day. I don't know why, but I still have the tapes. Anyway, there was one guy who was the most annoying, drunk, wise ass, know-it-all in our league. I mean the kind that every league kinda needs to keep activity up, but at the same time everyone kinda hates? Anyway, I have him straight up on film being a jack ass when I drafted 2nd year WR Terrell Owens going, "Phhht, WHO?!!" after I announced my pick... Yeah, he pretty much spent the next 5 years trying to trade me for him.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Brady... I have made it through his entire career never having owned him... Wait, actually that isn't true. I joined the dynasty league I'm in now in 2011 and the team I inherited had Brady. He was on my roster for two days before I traded him... :D Anyway, if I haven't had him up to this point? I see no need to ruin the streak now!

(Adding a Question:) First Ever Fantasy Football Draft Pick Only because I remember it like yesterday. I had taken over a bad team that had the 3rd overall pick. In that draft, there was an obvious #1 pick (I don't remember off hand who), and the guy with the #2 pick was a HUGE Michigan fan and I knew he was going to draft Tim Biakubutucka, which would have left me Rookie RB Eddie George at 3 !!! Well, Biakubutucka blows out his knee in preseason, the guy at 2 takes Eddie George and I flailed and took NY Jets RB Adrian Murrell... If you have never heard of him, I don't blame you! :D

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Adding a Question:) First Ever Fantasy Football Draft Pick Only because I remember it like yesterday. I had taken over a bad team that had the 3rd overall pick. In that draft, there was an obvious #1 pick (I don't remember off hand who), and the guy with the #2 pick was a HUGE Michigan fan and I knew he was going to draft Tim Biakubutucka, which would have left me Rookie RB Eddie George at 3 !!! Well, Biakubutucka blows out his knee in preseason, the guy at 2 takes Eddie George and I flailed and took NY Jets RB Adrian Murrell... If you have never heard of him, I don't blame you! :D

Overall number 1 was probably Lawrence Phillips or Keyshawn Johnson.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall number 1 was probably Lawrence Phillips or Keyshawn Johnson.

Phillips may be correct... I actually still have the papers somewhere. That Commish was a stat and report nut... he handed out draft previews, team previews, and three page reports every week with standings, scores and all sorts of stats.... Crazy dude, great commissioner!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, found the papers... Never would have gotten it... I actually had the 4th pick.

1. L Phillips
2. Derek Loville - RB San Fran
3. E George
4. A Murrell

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Eddie T

Fantasy Screen Name: Lamarvelous

Why that name?
I figured it was time to evolve from my previous online monicker (Ravensrool28) to a much more sleek and sophisticated choice. Plus it's a pretty dope PUN.

City and State of Residence: Hanover, PA. Snack food capital of the world, baby!!!

Married or Single: Single

Children: No

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Overnight manager/supervisor at a local Sheetz (Pretty big chain in the Mid-Atlantic, Ohio, WV, and slowly moving south). Before that I was a kitchen manager at a local deli where I got trained under a professional chef for 7 years. I can cater the fuck out of your wedding, given the correct situation.

Work hours: 10:00pm to 8:30am 4 days a week

When do you post to SportsHoopla: On my 30 minute break, usually around 3am, after work (usually about 10am to 2ish pm) and on my off days.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? This one, somewhat active on the regular Football board, somewhat active in the general board, and I check the wrestling and basketball boards from time to time. I'll go wherever I see a poppin' thread and lurk, though.

Who is your favorite NFL team (if you have one)? Ravens. Fun story, actually got to go to the first ever Ravens scrimmage at Memorial Stadium against the Eagles. Good times

How long have you been playing fantasy football? I started playing sporadically in random yahoo/espn leagues in about 2005 or so, but I didn't really get serious about it until about 2013.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? I got invited to my good friend's home league (2 flex with a superflex), and also started a dynasty that year on another forum (2x champ of said dynasty, btw :heh:). I had no choice but to take it serious at that point.

What brought you to the MBBRL? Some of my buddies had mentioned it in a Facebook group that I'm in and I decided to check it out. Started posting a few months back, then took a step back until I realized how active the Fantasy Football forum is.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 1 at the moment, and hopefully a 2nd here soon.

How many other fantasy football leagues are you typically in? 2 IRL leagues and 2 dynasties through another forum

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? Last year? None. It was a very down year.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Draft day in my original home league. And also watching my beautifully drafted teams shit the bed.

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your ability to talk smack on the message boards? Iono, 7-8ish? Ya'll tell me after you get to know me a bit.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? I'd say drafting, probably. Researching weekly to set my lineups is up there as well.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Making trades. I always have trouble pulling them off for some reason. I'm usually open to most offers, though.

What one fantasy player pissed you off the most with their performance last year and it makes you think twice about owning them this year?
Antonio Brown.

He was a little before I started getting really really into it, but it's gotta be LT.

Tell us one funny/amazing/horrible story involving your fantasy football career: Missing the playoffs last year in my OG home league because the Bears got a fucking sack on MNF to end the game. Lost that game by .25 or so and lost another game by about .75ish to keep me out of the playoffs.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overnight manager/supervisor at a local Sheetz (Pretty big chain in the Mid-Atlantic, Ohio, WV, and slowly moving south).
well i guess Mr Marvelous i owe ya a roundabout very indirect apology from about 3 years ago

on one of my journeys into the U S of A

i happened to stumble onto a Sheetz after pulling off the highway there it was right in front of me

i had never heard of it and obviously had never seen one before either

i think it was in North East Ohio quite close to West Virginia

Anyhow i shot this photo and Faceposted on Sept 15th 2017 (i just looked it up)

i captained it with "Im not that hungry"

21731459_1496892047064501_4058793862929965370_o.jpg

its a small world if i only knew

so let me welcome you to MBBRL with an apology

Sorry :L :suds:

Last edited:

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i guess Mr Marvelous i owe ya a roundabout very indirect apology from about 3 years ago

on one of my journeys into the U S of A

i happened to stumble onto a Sheetz after pulling off the highway there it was right in front of me

i had never heard of it and obviously had never seen one before either

i think it was in North East Ohio quite close to West Virginia

Anyhow i shot this photo and Faceposted on Sept 15th 2017 (i just looked it up)

i captained it with "Im not that hungry"

21731459_1496892047064501_4058793862929965370_o.jpg

its a small world if i only knew

so let me welcome you to MBBRL with an apology

Sorry :L :suds:
HAHAHA, no need to be sorry my man! I just started working there about 2 weeks ago... BUT, the food is pretty good for what it is. I'd suggest a breakfast burrito or a bagel sandwich. The fries are pretty good too, especially with nacho cheese.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: David L

Fantasy Screen Name: Barilko

Why that name?
Being a music fan especially if you are Canadian more often than not would have you loving The Tragically Hip. Well many years back a good friend of mine (who shares the same passion for the Hip and for Weekly Football Pools) were in a conversation about the various names of the players in my pool. By the time our little discusssion ended some how Barilko was born. Funny thing though Bill Barilko was a NHL player who played his whole career as a Toronto Maple Leaf and the last goal he ever scored came in overtime in 1951 and won The Stanley Cup. As a matter of fact all 5 games in that 1951 final went to overtime. Of course they beat my beloved Habs (Montreal Canadians for you Treff) thus the irony.The great band and Canadian icons "The Tragically Hip" tell the Barilko story in their song "My Fifty Mission Cap"

City and State of Residence: huh profile the profiler what State Canadian Eh!
im in the Montreal suburb of Dorval Quebec Canada

Children: 20 year old Angel and a crazed 14 year old Hockey Nut

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): I work for a fine American institution FedEx. 33+ years (ouch) already- driver planner scheduler and all round trouble shooter

Work hours: 8:30 till 6 ish sometimes later on Wednesday night

When do you post to SportsHoopla: I usually check SportsHoopla mid afternoon on Weekdays on my lunch break. I will read the bolder links and chime in if I feel I can add anything new or maybe double down on what has already been said. I find most times I'm usually doubling down as you guys are quick on the draw and oh so knowledgable I do lurk learn and steal but don't tell anyone

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Well certainly on the various MBBRL boards and I do try to add on any other FF link that catches my eye especially ones that ask about subjects that i may be able to chime in on

Who is your favorite NFL team (if you have one)? Houston Texans i really was a completely insane die hard Houston Oiler fan Luv Ya Blue

How long have you been playing fantasy football? 12 plus years i dont know time flies

Why did you start playing fantasy football? I have been running various Hockey and Football pools for years and then one of my work mates brought FF idea to work and from there it didn't take long. One year later I started running my Keeper PPR league and of course still do

What brought you to the MBBRL? Well best way to put it is I was attracted to the extreme writings of good ol Foot and all the very earned rebuttals the boys posted. I read The Golden Mountain Saga and I knew I wanted in. So way back when I asked begged pleaded posted et etc and Wil Of White went out of his way and emailed ESPN and figured a way for me to take over one of the infamous Drones. If I remember well I put on a good show with the drone and have been a member ever since

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 5- A D1 D2 Suicide Coma

How many other fantasy football leagues are you typically in? 4

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? playoffs in 5 won 1

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Draft night is fun for sure but really all of it and those numbers well...

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your ability to talk smack on the message boards? define smack usually smack for me is no holds barred and that isnt in my nature , well not much anyhow.. if it is to try and be funny ill attempt to chime in, sometimes i get a laugh and many times plain ignored as in what is that silly Canuck talking about now

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? the desire to do better add honest input and fair play

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Thinking I'm the only unlucky one it's me right? and only learning about the yearly rookie crop as they arrive having not had a clue who they were before hand

John Ross and i still have him on dynasty teams what is it about Bengal receivers that cant stay healthy

i have to go with "All Day" Peterson
here is to hope that it ends up being McCaffrey

Tell us one funny/amazing/horrible story involving your fantasy football career: Honestly i cant think of anything to special maybe losing to Lefty in a semi by i think .02 ya .02 not .2 or anything but .02 funny No! maybe Lefty thought so... oh and during the same year in my work league it doesnt seem possible but im here to tell ya it is I led the league in points scored and even with 8 teams making the playoffs Ol Barilko wasnt one of them
Hey, what the fuck???? How did you get away without having to do this stupid shit fer so long...............I protest.