• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL D2 Draft

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 plus rounds to go. .should be about 15-16 teams with no kicker. .7 of us gone and lost thier damned minds
It's all about mathematics my friend.
Odds are my kicker outscores the last 2-3 picks combined.
So why risk getting a bad one?
As someone reminded me... this is dynasty!

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus I bet my kicker stays on the team longer than my last 2-3 picks.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32 picks in today. If we can do the same tomorrow, we are just waiting on Micro's pick Saturday. Then we can open up the trading floodgates.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about mathematics my friend.
Odds are my kicker outscores the last 2-3 picks combined.
So why risk getting a bad one?
As someone reminded me... this is dynasty!
Odds also are that kicker I take in the 16th scores just as much as ones taken five rounds higher though too. It ain't about outscoring someone's sixth WR, it's outscoring everyone else's kicker. .and there's really only one whose proven to do that somewhat consistently

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds also are that kicker I take in the 16th scores just as much as ones taken five rounds higher though too. It ain't about outscoring someone's sixth WR, it's outscoring everyone else's kicker. .and there's really only one whose proven to do that somewhat consistently
Is he gone yet? Can I still get him?

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have seen me draft enough. It is no secret that I don't spend a lot capital on kickers or Tight Ends. Just too much value elswhere to use the earlier picks...IMO.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have seen me draft enough. It is no secret that I don't spend a lot capital on kickers or Tight Ends. Just too much value elswhere to use the earlier picks...IMO.

I'm usually the same way, and somehow here I drafted 3 TEs and went early on a kicker. Go figure. :noidea:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, :sigh: I do agree. Valid point.

Yet I've never been involved in a dynasty league this deep. Finding value at this stage may still be a calculated, thought out decision, but history may not be on their side that they have relevancy IMO.

With those kind of odds, I figured that I may as well grab 1 of the 6 kickers I wanted.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, :sigh: I do agree. Valid point.

Yet I've never been involved in a dynasty league this deep. Finding value at this stage may still be a calculated, thought out decision, but history may not be on their side that they have relevancy IMO.

With those kind of odds, I figured that I may as well grab 1 of the 6 kickers I wanted.
I guess my overall point is, unless I had Gostkowski, I'm not dumping any positional player to cover a kicker bye week, someone equivalent, or near, will be available, and I'll drop a kicker, grab a kicker. Most likely draft a guy with a late bye week, later drop him for a guy whose already had his, and if my original one is still available the following week, swap em back out, if not, I'll ride the new guy into 2017. So if that's the plan, sure can't see why I'd draft one till the final round. Even counting Gostkowski, there just isn't enough separation among kickers (most years), to justify getting one for anything more than the bare minimum. And no this does not affect my moral stance on actually drafting a kicker to start with-that is the bare minimum price, your last draft pick.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my overall point is, unless I had Gostkowski, I'm not dumping any positional player to cover a kicker bye week, someone equivalent, or near, will be available, and I'll drop a kicker, grab a kicker. Most likely draft a guy with a late bye week, later drop him for a guy whose already had his, and if my original one is still available the following week, swap em back out, if not, I'll ride the new guy into 2017. So if that's the plan, sure can't see why I'd draft one till the final round. Even counting Gostkowski, there just isn't enough separation among kickers (most years), to justify getting one for anything more than the bare minimum. And no this does not affect my moral stance on actually drafting a kicker to start with-that is the bare minimum price, your last draft pick.

Just like every other position there is some preference here... There are some kickers that even if you KNOW they score similarly to others you for some reason don't like... This draft is 20 rounds, that is 20 players per team, do you really think we will hold on to ALL the players we draft all season?? there is no reason NOT to get the player you want, even if you have to go early... the first kicker went in the 11th, but I am sure if you asked Micro he would agree he made a bit of a mistake... the next didn't go until the 15th... I don't think any of the last 4 picks are special enough that you cant afford going with the player you want at a position...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one last RB in my queue... But if he is taken, then I have no problem taking a second kicker...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like every other position there is some preference here... There are some kickers that even if you KNOW they score similarly to others you for some reason don't like... This draft is 20 rounds, that is 20 players per team, do you really think we will hold on to ALL the players we draft all season?? there is no reason NOT to get the player you want, even if you have to go early... the first kicker went in the 11th, but I am sure if you asked Micro he would agree he made a bit of a mistake... the next didn't go until the 15th... I don't think any of the last 4 picks are special enough that you cant afford going with the player you want at a position...

I'll give it to ya, this is a cake worthy post.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give it to ya, this is a cake worthy post.

what do you mean??? ALL my posts are cake worthy... I like my cake... and eat it too... one of these days I will invent a way to eat my e-cake... or at least e-eat it...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no one is under any delusions that your entire rotate will remain, every pick pans out. But even bringing that up means you entirely missed the whole point of what I said. I KNOW, KNOW, for a fact, my kicker won't be in the team, the others are all manes, wait and sees, potentials. .so if I KNOW one definitely is not going to be long term, and all the others might bemight not be, why would you bother drafting a guy you know you'll cut mid season before you fill every possibly might be slot? Just becuase we all know the last 5-6-7 guys we drafted have slim chances of sticking, doesn't make it excusable, imho, to instead take a guy you know for an indisputable fact, won't be around at the end if the season. That slim chance is still a slim chance. .kicker, has no chance. Slim is better than none