• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL D1 replacement owner/draft order discussion

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider anyone off limits per say. I've actually thought about trading Bell, but it would be for combination of picks and players if I do trade him.
Hmm...now I must run and see what I've got to offer. A fairly high 1st, a plethora of 2nds..hmmm

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would any of you actually draft someone that is currently on the waiver wire?

By standings, I had the fourth worst team. And I wouldn't even entertain the idea of adding a current MBBBRL FA.

I honestly don't know who is on th WW right now. But there were a few drafted last year in the later rounds.

Stills, Garçon, Beasley and Boldin are the only non QBs/Ks/Ds on the first page.

I know last year, staring down the #14 pick, and looking at the options that might be there, especially at 28, 42, 56..guys like Sanu were looking mighty appealing. In the end, with Coleman falling to me, and the quest for the next big rookie fever hit me and I didn't take them. But, on a team as neglected as the one in question, there's at least 3 moves I would make today with what's on the wire.

Depending on how roster cuts go, where people might end up in free agency, there could be some real promising looking finds on there.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually looking at my roster i feel good even though i sucked last year especially adding a top 2 pick

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My roster could be better, it could be worse.

I have a good group of WRs, strong QB with a decent young backup to replace him down the road. A top 5 TE this past year, but a bad group of RBs. And 7draft picks.

Can anyone guess which WR I will take in the first round this year?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My roster could be better, it could be worse.

I have a good group of WRs, strong QB with a decent young backup to replace him down the road. A top 5 TE this past year, but a bad group of RBs. And 7draft picks.

Can anyone guess which WR I will take in the first round this year?

Despite being the winner last season, I must give myself a F as an owner last season.... I relied so much on my team from the previous season that i didn't make any improvements, at all.... and now i have old WRs...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know last year, staring down the #14 pick, and looking at the options that might be there, especially at 28, 42, 56..guys like Sanu were looking mighty appealing. In the end, with Coleman falling to me, and the quest for the next big rookie fever hit me and I didn't take them. But, on a team as neglected as the one in question, there's at least 3 moves I would make today with what's on the wire.

Depending on how roster cuts go, where people might end up in free agency, there could be some real promising looking finds on there.
I'll be cutting the Chargers D.

After that, I don't know.

Julius Thomas?

Chris Ivory?

Chris Hogan? Brady seems to trust him. Is it just because of the lack of Gronk in his diet? Or could they be a thing?

Maybe it's just me, but I have no issue with waiver wire adds if folks want them.
An option for competitive balance is ww adds open for non playoff teams.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be cutting the Chargers D.

After that, I don't know.

Julius Thomas?

Chris Ivory?

Chris Hogan? Brady seems to trust him. Is it just because of the lack of Gronk in his diet? Or could they be a thing?

Maybe it's just me, but I have no issue with waiver wire adds if folks want them.
An option for competitive balance is ww adds open for non playoff teams.
u just offered me chargers d

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually looking at my roster i feel good even though i sucked last year especially adding a top 2 pick

Almost offered you team for team when you said your roster sucked a while back... lol

I'm toast.... I will need to hit the luckometer next season for a chance at a playoff run.... by run I mean actually getting in the playoffs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost offered you team for team when you said your roster sucked a while back... lol

I'm toast.... I will need to hit the luckometer next season for a chance at a playoff run.... by run I mean actually getting in the playoffs.
yet i finished last

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, guys are trying to get trades setup, the suggestions are drying up, we've gotta get a poll done.

Since it seems most who have weighed in wish the waiver exemption and the draft pick spot to be dealt with separately, I'll soon post a poll for the draft pick spot only, using the previously mentioned choices ofor
Standing in reverse in order as is
Pick#5
Pick #8
Pick # 14
With masons that waiver exemptions are to be a separate issue, and that in the case of options 2 through 4, all draft picks for existing owners will adjust up accordingly (ie-if pick 5 is chosen, 2-5 exuding picks will move up to 1-4 as needed)

I'll give it till around noon most for anyone to object or add any other input, and then post the poll

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edited to fix typos and add clarification

So, guys are trying to get trades setup, the suggestions are drying up, we've gotta get a poll done.

Since it seems most who have weighed in wish the waiver exemption and the draft pick spot to be dealt with separately, I'll soon post a poll for the draft pick spot only, using the previously mentioned choices of
Pick#5, or place in standings, whichever has the greater numerical value
Pick #8 or place in standings whichever has greater numerical value
Pick # 14
With notations that waiver exemptions are to be a separate issue, and that in the case of options 2 through 4, all draft picks for existing owners will adjust up accordingly (ie-if pick 5 is chosen, 2-5 exusting picks will move up to 1-4 as needed)

I'll give it till around noon most for anyone to object or add any other input, and then post the poll

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edited to fix typos and add clarification

Since it seems most who have weighed in wish the waiver exemption and the draft pick spot to be dealt with separately, I'll soon post a poll for the draft pick spot only, using the previously mentioned choices of
Pick#5, or place in standings, whichever has the greater numerical value
Pick #8 or place in standings whichever has greater numerical value
Pick # 14
With notations that waiver exemptions are to be a separate issue, and that in the case of options 2 through 4, all draft picks for existing owners will adjust up accordingly (ie-if pick 5 is chosen, 2-5 exusting picks will move up to 1-4 as needed)

works

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the poll for the waiver exceptions..I'm thinking options of
-no exemption
-Free access until the opening of the scouting combine
-1 add/drop
-3 add/drops
-5 add/drops

Sound good enough???

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the poll for the waiver exceptions..I'm thinking options of
-no exemption
-Free access until the opening of the scouting combine
-1 add/drop
-3 add/drops
-5 add/drops

Sound good enough???

This directly correlates to me and I don't even think it should be free access until the combine.
That's a month away and could allow the owner more information than was available to everybody else at the end of the season. I think regardless of what wins the vote, the owner should only get one week to make the waiver moves allowed so he only has the same information that the rest of the league had at the end of the season when they had a shot at the players on waivers.