• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL D1 replacement owner/draft order discussion

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing on this. These poll(s) will be for tanking issues only correct? @TREFF

We do need to clarify that, because it would change my vote.
Well, any "rules violation " that would result in us having to get a new owner. Can there really be an issue with a owner in good standing leaving on his own terms, and anyone serially have a problem with the new owner inheriting whatever pick was rightfully earned?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
small thing that we need to take into account as well, a "tank" does not necessarily mean last place... what if we have the issue and kick out an owner for tanking but he had a different pick than the first?? there are some potential solutions we have up there that would be more complicated in this example...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
small thing that we need to take into account as well, a "tank" does not necessarily mean last place... what if we have the issue and kick out an owner for tanking but he had a different pick than the first?? there are some potential solutions we have up there that would be more complicated in this example...
Which is another strong reason in favor of just leaving the standings as they sit dictate the draft order.

Perhaps the other choices should read as pick 5 or place in standings, whichever is a greater number and same for pick 8

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, any "rules violation " that would result in us having to get a new owner. Can there really be an issue with a owner in good standing leaving on his own terms, and anyone serially have a problem with the new owner inheriting whatever pick was rightfully earned?

Sometimes it is redundant but good to get it out there anyways.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay you guys are going to have to convince me why giving the new owner a shot at waivers puts anybody else at a disadvantage in any way. I understand the draft pick "punishment" for the tanking owner being an ass hat because that does affect everyone else. But with waivers, nothing has changed since the end of the regular season when every other owner had a crack at the exact same guys that are on waivers now and there is no new information as far as free agency or anything else, so I have a hard time considering that a "reward." Also though I don't think that the waivers should be open until the NFL draft, I think they should only be open for one week from the date that it is decided that they are open. I also think that any of the waiver moves should be posted on the D1 thread on SportsHoopla. That way Treff as the commissioner you don't actually have to open waivers on the website, you can just wait and edit the teams roster at the end of the week. It's not fair to give the owner until the NFL draft because other things will change by then including free agent signings and having information to make waiver claims that the other owners didn't have at the end of the year is an unfair advantage. I'm with Milk (that's twice in one week, before you know it we'll be planning vacations together) that it should be considered two separate issues.

Sorry for the delay in answering this, I am at work.

I don't look at it as a reward so much, a reward would be letting you steal a player off each team. But whomever is taking over a team in Dynasty is helping out the other teams in that dynasty. So if the league has a rule that hurts a team that tanked the year before, then that same league has to do something for the new owner. Instead of saying this is what you get take it or leave it. Now IMO what the league does for the new owner should be in direct correlation to how much the league punished the team. WW pick ups is a good way to do it, but I think the amount of WW pick ups should be tied to the amount of punishment. I.E. if the new team gets the first pick, I don't think they should get any WW pick ups. But if the new team drops down the draft board in the first round, they should get 1WW pick up per spot or segment they drop.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would any of you actually draft someone that is currently on the waiver wire?

By standings, I had the fourth worst team. And I wouldn't even entertain the idea of adding a current MBBBRL FA.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By standings, I had the fourth worst team. And I wouldn't even entertain the idea of adding a current MBBBRL FA.
I don't have a pick until the 4th round, so I might. In fact I got a list.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly don't know who is on th WW right now. But there were a few drafted last year in the later rounds.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see how you'd be interested with nothing until the 4th.

Id give you my 1st, 2nd and both thirds for Bell.

I don't consider anyone off limits per say. I've actually thought about trading Bell, but it would be for combination of picks and players if I do trade him.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stills, Garçon, Beasley and Boldin are the only non QBs/Ks/Ds on the first page.

I knew that the players there were not going to be top notch. And any WW we give to Bandit this year and any teams in the future are going to be dropping a bad player for a below average player.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think the WW is bare in D1, you should see the WW in D2 with 16 teams instead of 14.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm sure that's brutal with 16teams.

Drafts picks carrying more value over there?

Not sure they carry anymore weight. Top 4 are hot commodities, but after that IDK. There has been more trades this off season that include picks then D1 though.