• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL C league??

Should there be a C league

• Total voters

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!! That was exactly what i didn't want to fucking happen!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To everyone;

I have intentionally avoided the hoop the past couple days in an effort to gain some perspective. Hoping maybe it was something in real life that was making me so irritable in this discussion earlier. The perspective has proven that, no, it was this, not anything else.

This feeling started late this season with Shady skirting the unwritten rules and fielding lineups with empty spots in them..that was the first clue the league was beginning to hit that "critical mass" that WW spoke of. Then with Micro's tanking in D1 and as some would suggest, also tanking in BATG. These are not what we want around here..owners who think that kind of crap is fairplay. And it's continued in to this discussion when so many failed to give a single shit about those problems and wish to invite even more in thedoor.
I said I as ok with expansion if done properly and I meant it. The guys that have shown up at T's request? I wouldn't nominate a single one of them based off of what I've seen thus far. They're personalities are not what I would support for MBBRL. Had there been 5 or six more EHB's or Femerovs, or Dub's, or Richigs, hell yes, sign me up. These guys? 4-5 more Milkspillers? no thank you, one was more than enough. T, you have impeccable taste in fantasy football, everything you touch turns to gold, but your skills and choosing potential members into the MBBRL is lacking. But apparently so damned many of you all want this to happen, it's going to happen regardless. So here's my decision on how I personally am going to handle this:

Effectively immediately, I'm retiring from all things MBBRL and Hoop..KOTF, BATG, the Dynasties..the commish duties..and even being an active member of the hoop, all of it. I dont' have the patience or tolerance to deal with the BS that is sure to come from this. I will not be the one trying to mediate the in fighting that I guarantee is about to happen. And that fact that so many are actually fighting to allow this to happen, disgusts me to the point that I want absolutely nothing to do with it any longer.

I will answer PM's here having to do with whomever you all choose as your new comish so that I can make the necessary arrangements on the ESPN site to transfer power, and that'll be the last thing I do.

I'm sure some of you probably think, good riddance, so be it. Others, I'm sorry, I truly am, but I can't be around to watch this crumble. If you decide to carry on, I wish you the best of luck, you'll all need it.

Whether you agree with any, all or absolutely nothing of what I've just said, I do wish you the very best of Christmas seasons, a great new year, and the very best of luck in all of life.

Honestly, WTF?

Nothing is done yet. I don't understand this at all. Huge overreaction.

If you want to step down as commish, I am sure we can find someone to step up. You have served admirably for 2 years. But quitting the league over a vote that isn't even done is extreme. I sincerely hope you reconsider.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I m not surprised at all

this is what I have tried to say all along but I'm not as curt as Treff or as eloquent as Lefty

I too have stated my fear of the crumbling league and it is hard to express it totally without the risk of insulting some members especially the ones that I have no intent of insulting

I love the MBBRL and I'm not sure I would go as far as pulling out but i now may pm some and talk about a few things

Problem now is that it is crumbling because of the rift between the already MBBRL members... @TREFF, i do appreciate all that you have done for this league... but this over-reaction is the downfall of this league... I hope that you do come back, because the survival of this league depends on it...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, WTF?

Nothing is done yet. I don't understand this at all. Huge overreaction.

If you want to step down as commish, I am sure we can find someone to step up. You have served admirably for 2 years. But quitting the league over a vote that isn't even done is extreme. I sincerely hope you reconsider.

Problem now is that it is crumbling because of the rift between the already MBBRL members... @TREFF, i do appreciate all that you have done for this league... but this over-reaction is the downfall of this league... I hope that you do come back, because the survival of this league depends on it...
I'm not gong to sit in here and debate this entire thing with everyone anymore, I'm over it. But, you asked I will make one final attempt at explaining the reasoning for my feelings, and if it doesn't make sense, than that's probably why I have those feelings.

The way Shady's "Shady play" was handled and is now completely overlooked and forgotten about, the way Micro tanked and is up for oblivion...talk about an easy way to make the call there without outright kicking an owner out..yet you guys refuse to "vote anyone out"..when there's justifiable reason staring you in the face. The fact that being an active member on the board seems to just fall by the wayside. The overall sense that this league is in the process of losing its tradition. And in such, losing what made it special. The constant battles of having to explain to Milk why when something isn't broke you don't have to fix it. The fact we have rules in place on how to function, rules people criticized at the start of this season because nothing happened...("oblivion didn't even mean anything..blah blahblah..") and now you choose to throw them out and push for a new additional league instead of actually utilizing them as the tool they were intended to be. A pushfor an expansion league that we obviously can't sustain because we have to go get people to fill it. People who we don't know, people who have zero clue as to how special this is to us, and its just another random league for them, yet again watering down what we've built.
The hoop doesn't have the traffic for 36 fantasy owners, at least not 36 of the ilk that we're accustomed to. Honorable, active, engaging owners that aren't asshats. In speaking of a potential C league, as everyone wants to keep quoting him as doing, Will mentioned something you all keep overlooking. Critical mass. When you have owners tanking, when you have owners pulling douche moves, you've reached your critical mass. That is not the time to even consider expansion. If anything, it's time to reflect on if you're too big already. Yet a slight majority of you still want the expansion. That, in and of itself, is enough reason for me to not want a part of it. It tells me that somewhere along the line, we've lost the identity of the league. If the simple truth of having a couple of bad apples amongst us, and instead of finding a way to root out the bad apples, we want to expand so that we can avoid the messy problem, doesn't bring us pause, then this isn't the league we think it is.

Even if this whole thing were to have been voted down in a landslide, my faith in the league would still be shaken, because it's obvious that so many have forgotten why it was started in the first place, forgotten why its special, some of them never knew to begin with, which is fine, but what's worse, they don't seem to care. If these things weren't all true, there wouldn't even have been a discussion about expansion, let alone a vote.

And now, the majority is shifting, the new blood has the numbers, us originals are being pushed aside. So, you guys wanna run this thing your way, by all means, please do. Let it succeed, or fail, on your watch. Because of the fact that I can't possibly disagree more with the direction this is headed, and because I can't stop it, I refuse to take part it in it.

And that's all without even touching on the new candidates that left such a lasting first impression.

Now, if that doesn't make sense to anyone, or if any one doesn't see what I, and others, are seeing, than you are who I'm talking about.
I hope that answers your questions, if not, like I said, that's a big part of the problem...either way, I'm going back to PM land to await word of who the new commish will be so I can transfer the authority on the sites, no more posting in here for the foreseeable future, there's nothing left to say.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Shady's "Shady play" was handled and is now completely overlooked and forgotten about

It was decided that the settings next season would prohibit a " Shady play" . I know you seem to see things in black and white, but I for one saw this as a grey area. I could of been wrong IDK.

the way Micro tanked and is up for oblivion...talk about an easy way to make the call there without outright kicking an owner out..yet you guys refuse to "vote anyone out".
Well I'm in full agreement about Micro, he needs booted from all MBBRL leagues. Only reason everyone else isn't is they don't know the details. This should happen even if there is a C league.

The fact that being an active member on the board seems to just fall by the wayside.

Well not sure how to feel about this. The fact is over half the league is inactive on the board. This includes some folks on the A league.

The overall sense that this league is in the process of losing its tradition
Guess not all of us know the tradition or at least which one you speak of.

The fact we have rules in place on how to function, rules people criticized at the start of this season because nothing happened...("oblivion didn't even mean anything..blah blahblah.."

Yeah maybe someone should of got the boot last year and didn't. Oblivion is a awful fate.

A pushfor an expansion league that we obviously can't sustain because we have to go get people to fill it

The hoop doesn't have the traffic for 36 fantasy owners, at least not 36 of the ilk that we're accustomed to.

Have to agree to disagree on this point.

And now, the majority is shifting, the new blood has the numbers, us originals are being pushed aside.

No your wrong. Nobody wants to push the originals aside, actually just the opposite, as far as I can tell this has always been a league that voted on most every issue, even decimal scoring, nothing has changed in that regard. You just don't like the way the vote is looking and taking it personal.

Treff good luck with your life. Mean that sincerely, much more important things then a Internet forum and if this forum is aggravating you as much as you have indicated then perhaps this is all for the best.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF, I have asked multiple times about what Mocro did, and nobody has answered. I am not voting somebody out because their team was bad 1 year. I never will.

However, if he were inactive or deliberately breaking rules, that is another story.

Clearly you want to vote Micro out, but you assume that everyone else is aware of what happened when clearly we are not. If he did something worthy of getting him obliviated, then we all need to hear specifics. No more allusions.

Second, please go back and read the Oblivion thread. The C league was brought up as an idea (by Sam and Joe) and was being rationally discussed. There were points on both sides, but nobody was calling for a vote at the time you chose to start the poll. Clearly the C league is a deal breaker for you, so I am really not sure why you started the poll to begin with.

The C league idea was always contingent on finding enough quality members. Even if the concept of the league was voted in, that does not mean it would happen.

I have asked multiple times for the current vote to be ignored. A simple poll does not cut it. True to @wilwhite's vision, the vote should correspond to years experience in the league (each member gets 1 vote per year so long term members have more pull) and be contingent upon a critical mass of people garnering necessary support from members.

Again, even if the vote passes, that does not make it a go. It could be years until we find enough people that we all feel good about. I certainly agree that the selection process should not be random and that the people nominated need to make an effort to show they are worthy with their participation on the boards. Some already have.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF, I have asked multiple times about what Mocro did, and nobody has answered. I am not voting somebody out because their team was bad 1 year. I never will.

However, if he were inactive or deliberately breaking rules, that is another story.

Clearly you want to vote Micro out, but you assume that everyone else is aware of what happened when clearly we are not. If he did something worthy of getting him obliviated, then we all need to hear specifics. No more allusions.

Second, please go back and read the Oblivion thread. The C league was brought up as an idea (by Sam and Joe) and was being rationally discussed. There were points on both sides, but nobody was calling for a vote at the time you chose to start the poll. Clearly the C league is a deal breaker for you, so I am really not sure why you started the poll to begin with.

The C league idea was always contingent on finding enough quality members. Even if the concept of the league was voted in, that does not mean it would happen.

I have asked multiple times for the current vote to be ignored. A simple poll does not cut it. True to @wilwhite's vision, the vote should correspond to years experience in the league (each member gets 1 vote per year so long term members have more pull) and be contingent upon a critical mass of people garnering necessary support from members.

Again, even if the vote passes, that does not make it a go. It could be years until we find enough people that we all feel good about. I certainly agree that the selection process should not be random and that the people nominated need to make an effort to show they are worthy with their participation on the boards. Some already have.
Micro intentionally did not field his best lineup in an attempt to lose and better his draft osition in the Dunasty 1 league. When it was brought up there was some defiance and some animosity between he and another player, Smitty I believe but not sure.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am. It aware of any issue with Shady. Could someone enlighten me?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that thread. Yeah Micro should be done

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am. It aware of any issue with Shady. Could someone enlighten me?

Yeah i want to hear about this. I believe this is the 3rd year playing with shady and never had an issue with him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just went through that thread. Micro is a major dick. He must go

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micro intentionally did not field his best lineup in an attempt to lose and better his draft osition in the Dunasty 1 league. When it was brought up there was some defiance and some animosity between he and another player, Smitty I believe but not sure.

Thanks Trudem!

I wish this had been presented in the open earlier. Those of us not in D1 had no idea any of this went on. It also presents a little bit of context for us as to why Treff was so against expansion.

Again though, we are rushing through a process that should not be rushed through and people are being asked to vote without knowledge of important issues such as these.

I say again, nothing has changed yet! Everyone just needs to step down off the ledge and let some time pass before any real decisions on anything can be made.

I think this entire topic needs to be dropped until after the Super Bowl. When the C league vote goes down, it should be on the "concept" of adding the league, not whether to institute it right away. League creation will always be contingent on having enough quality people who are regular contributors on the FF message boards.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the oblivion vote can and perhaps should go down before the C league issue gets resolved. If someone gets obliviated, they can be considered for the C league if it passes.

I think the oblivion vote needs to wait a bit too, but that should happen first.

MBBRLers, these boards usually go pretty quiet during the winter season, but don't stray too far this year. There is much to be sorted out.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I am really wishing I could go back in time and not make the suggestion that a C League was a great idea but that was just it: An idea. Really should have figured out the oblivion piece first, then moved on to the idea of a C League. Losing one of our earliest members to the "Snowball" effect this thread seemed to generate really sucks. I'm not even trying to place any blame, because I don't really think there is any blame to be placed. There were some pretty good ideas that came up in the expansion discussion, but again, they were/are just ideas. Not to sound like I caught tGhey, but I'm really bummed right now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I am really wishing I could go back in time and not make the suggestion that a C League was a great idea but that was just it: An idea. Really should have figured out the oblivion piece first, then moved on to the idea of a C League. Losing one of our earliest members to the "Snowball" effect this thread seemed to generate really sucks. I'm not even trying to place any blame, because I don't really think there is any blame to be placed. There were some pretty good ideas that came up in the expansion discussion, but again, they were/are just ideas. Not to sound like I caught tGhey, but I'm really bummed right now.

I honestly think he took it to the extreme. Nothing was in place yet. Everyone was just having discussions. There is nothing wrong with discussions.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Trudem!

I wish this had been presented in the open earlier. Those of us not in D1 had no idea any of this went on. It also presents a little bit of context for us as to why Treff was so against expansion.

Again though, we are rushing through a process that should not be rushed through and people are being asked to vote without knowledge of important issues such as these.

I say again, nothing has changed yet! Everyone just needs to step down off the ledge and let some time pass before any real decisions on anything can be made.

I think this entire topic needs to be dropped until after the Super Bowl. When the C league vote goes down, it should be on the "concept" of adding the league, not whether to institute it right away. League creation will always be contingent on having enough quality people who are regular contributors on the FF message boards.
I actually posted in the B league about some issues and I also pm ,d a few fellow long time MBBRLers of some shaky moves in B